Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6928 6929 [6930] 6931 6932 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440821 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103935 on: April 05, 2016, 12:08:05 am »

sex doesn't exist, sex doesn't exist, never clean, NEVER CLEAN
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103936 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:51 am »

Apparently as well, some dumbasses released a fucking fan-made DLC for Baldur's Gate II, which was a game released in 2000,

Are you talking about the "Enhanced Edition" games here, and/or the upcoming (or mayhem recently released, I don't know) Siege of Dragonspear DLC/expansion by the said team?
Love, scriver~

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103937 on: April 05, 2016, 05:36:01 am »

How can I trust politicians, if you cant even believe in Jacky Chan  :'(

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #103938 on: April 05, 2016, 05:39:43 am »

So, I dropped my sister off at her basketball game like I was asked. She didn't know how she was getting home, so I told her that if mom didn't pick her up she should call me. So she called, and I got her home about 20 minutes later than expected.
So obviously I deserve a lecture about how I'm wasting my life and don't care about anyone and I'm a terrible sibling for abandoning my sister like that and how I made her feel like no one cares about her and I'm terrible for not working hard enough... (Note, my sister was fine with the whole thing. She was a little disappointed with her loss, but she didn't lose by much. She's hoping to do better with a bit more practice.)
Is there some reason you didn't retort with the fact it was her job to pick your sister up and what you did was fix HER mistake?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103939 on: April 05, 2016, 05:42:37 am »

*applies hugpats to everybody*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103940 on: April 05, 2016, 07:25:31 am »

I accidentally just googled the lyrics to "rockafella skank".
My life.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103941 on: April 05, 2016, 09:26:26 am »

Sorry, people who I'm not replying to. I don't want to leave a general hug (and in Kal's case it was more of a meaningful-encouragement-hug than I-am-comforting-you-hug.)

Huh. This is one of the few times when Bay12 has actually given me really good problem-appropriate advice that I would not have thought of on my own.

(When I think about "taking alone time," what I usually mean by that isn't nearly so... constructive >_>)

I don't want to read textbooks because I work too much anyway, but I'll work on some creative projects I've been wanting to put some time on.
Well I don't mean mathematical textbooks. I like to pore through art history, the Kama Sutra, and other miscellaneous books on things I don't know.

Feeling like I don't belong anywhere and don't even deserve to belong anywhere again.
 :-\

That little voice reminding me how I should've been banned from here years ago doesn't help either.
Caroline, you barely register on the weird-tween-o-meter, where 1 is a theoretical teenage Tiruin, and 10 is Imperial Guardsman. Even then, you're young and these things are to be expected. Personally, I make it my motto that if I don't cringe at my past self, then that means I haven't improved enough.

One thing that self-conscious people should understand, though, is that when it is said that giving judgments to strangers is unfair, this also applies to oneself. Your past self doesn't have the same experience and knowledge as you. Cut the kid some slack.

[hugrh I tried to give more advice here but they are messes so have hugs instead?]

@Truean:

I'm rooting for you, Truean. You'll get through this.

So, I dropped my sister off at her basketball game like I was asked. She didn't know how she was getting home, so I told her that if mom didn't pick her up she should call me. So she called, and I got her home about 20 minutes later than expected.
So obviously I deserve a lecture about how I'm wasting my life and don't care about anyone and I'm a terrible sibling for abandoning my sister like that and how I made her feel like no one cares about her and I'm terrible for not working hard enough... (Note, my sister was fine with the whole thing. She was a little disappointed with her loss, but she didn't lose by much. She's hoping to do better with a bit more practice.)
* Cinder hugs

FAKEEDIT: To be honest, I'm still not sure if I should even talk about this but this post is already a huge mess (probably not that much to you guys since I cut out a lot), but I'm just not Tiruin. I can't emotionally handle all these sads. I'm sorry, I know it's unfair to you people. In the future, I won't let these sads pile up and I'll be more active here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:30:03 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103942 on: April 05, 2016, 09:32:05 am »

There is nothing I want to do.
Except maybe listen to music in the garage, but the garage is occupied. Other than that? Nothing.
I don't want to sleep, I don't want to make art, I don't want to play videogames, I don't want to go and hang out with my housemates/their friends in the garage, I don't want to do some sewing I've been meaning to get done for a while, I don't want to read a book, I don't want to go for a midnight walk, I don't want to unpack my suitcases, I don't want to play DF, I don't want to tidy my room, I don't want to get dru- well okay, I probably do want to get drunk, but I have no booze and it's half past twelve.
And even if the liquor store was open, I'm saving my money for Friday.

Maybe I should go to sleep. It's hard to work up the motivation to, though. -_-
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103943 on: April 05, 2016, 09:33:57 am »

There is nothing I want to do.
Except maybe listen to music in the garage, but the garage is occupied. Other than that? Nothing.
I don't want to sleep, I don't want to make art, I don't want to play videogames, I don't want to go and hang out with my housemates/their friends in the garage, I don't want to do some sewing I've been meaning to get done for a while, I don't want to read a book, I don't want to go for a midnight walk, I don't want to unpack my suitcases, I don't want to play DF, I don't want to tidy my room, I don't want to get dru- well okay, I probably do want to get drunk, but I have no booze and it's half past twelve.
And even if the liquor store was open, I'm saving my money for Friday.

Maybe I should go to sleep. It's hard to work up the motivation to, though. -_-

You could lie down in bed. It's better than not lying in bed in term of sleeping?

But that's easy for me to say, I would have a hard time getting into bed too in your shoes.

But... that's still the thing you should strive to do.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #103944 on: April 05, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

Well they confirmed that yes, mom does have cancer on her thyroid. Fuckberries.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103945 on: April 05, 2016, 11:36:34 am »

Some dudes just tried to trick me into making some sort of donation. I didn't realize that was a thing people did. If anyone on the street asks you to sign something, don't do it.

They made it sound like these magazines were already going to be donated, and they just needed to get people to vote on the choices. That sounded suspicious, but they described it as a public speaking thing for college, so I assumed it was some shitty internship. Then they asked for my signature to confirm the votes, which I figure is about as binding as a petition, but as soon as I did that they started talking about billing. I tried to politely inform the guy I'm broke right now, and he tells me I already signed so I can't back out. So I ripped half the receipt out of his hands and walked away as we exchanged some choice words. Not very graceful, but it was my only option left.

Normally I'd assume I misheard something, but my first instinct was that these guys wanted money from me and I was listening for that the entire time because I knew I couldn't spare any. So yeah... that's why I'm going to be more guarded and suspicious when dealing with strangers for a while.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:38:19 am by penguinofhonor »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103946 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »

wasted 6 hours of my life on a civ 5 game that just suddenly devolved into bullshit i cant do anything about

why the fuck did i spend money on this garbage

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103947 on: April 05, 2016, 01:13:33 pm »

wasted 6 hours of my life on a civ 5 game that just suddenly devolved into bullshit i cant do anything about

why the fuck did i spend money on this garbage
The problem with Civ V and all civ games is, when you start losing, it works like DF. Its a slow process that just gets worse and worse and kills you slowly until there is nothing left. Its a good game, so I suggest you try again.

My own strategy is, regardless of who I play as, I rush to get great library and great lighthouse right away. It helps immensely to get yourself ahead, and it also secures naval dominance. A lot of people get mad at me when I play because I usually wonder rush things, but it keeps me at an advantage I always want
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #103948 on: April 05, 2016, 02:02:25 pm »

The problem with Civ V and all civ games is, when you start losing, it works like DF. Its a slow process that just gets worse and worse and kills you slowly until there is nothing left. Its a good game, so I suggest you try again.
I find the difference is that while DF gives you a chance to lock away those two dwarves and possibly work from below to slowly recover the fortress (which is why I often have a "panic room" with an uninterrupted path for digging down through the rest of the fortress), Civ just grinds you finer and finer until there's nothing left (on account of the game having to have a winner and all that jazz).

Still definitely a fun game, but honestly that's a common problem with many 4X style games, the person that manages to grab the largest chunk of resources at the start of the game is very often the eventual winner, barring them making stupid moves like forgetting to invest in their army.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103949 on: April 05, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

i just played like five straight hours and then a single dumb thing happens and LOL GG

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6928 6929 [6930] 6931 6932 ... 8167