Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6865 6866 [6867] 6868 6869 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435529 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102990 on: March 14, 2016, 10:53:10 pm »

Wait, documentation exists for Python?

Huh. I learned everything I know from various guides and tutorials. I find that documentation is better if you have a specific question in mind, and guides and follow-along projects are better for learning.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102991 on: March 14, 2016, 11:15:36 pm »

This is more like the shouty elevator argument parts of the field than the sitting around blushing and talking about geometry parts.
TIL about mathematics culture. Blushing?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102992 on: March 14, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »

Python's documentation is really good.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102993 on: March 14, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:15:06 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102994 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:00 pm »

Huh. I learned everything I know from various guides and tutorials. I find that documentation is better if you have a specific question in mind, and guides and follow-along projects are better for learning.
Literally right there when you download Python.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102995 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:22 pm »

To be fair, 99% of everything is shit.
Ah, the rarely-used Squaregeon's Revelation?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102996 on: March 14, 2016, 11:48:39 pm »

I've seen people come into this thread talking about how drinking is killing one of their family members and only get responses like "You're being too hard on alcohol." You can calm down about not getting enough sympathy for your damn dirty jeans.
Didn't you tell me I was weird for rejecting alcohol some years ago?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102997 on: March 15, 2016, 02:00:52 am »

I've seen people come into this thread talking about how drinking is killing one of their family members and only get responses like "You're being too hard on alcohol." You can calm down about not getting enough sympathy for your damn dirty jeans.
Yeah I'll admit I was involved in that. But it was in response to strident "bring back prohibition" angle that most of the original sad post was about. Of course people want to be sympathetic but when someone politicizes their original post, it's going to inspire politicized answers. Note to self: focus on the sympathy part more.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102998 on: March 15, 2016, 02:02:37 am »

man i guess i shouldn't expect responses when there's petty arguments to post about instead

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102999 on: March 15, 2016, 02:07:10 am »

It's not that people don't care, it's that they don't want to spam "my sympathies" for every single thing. Some problems will get more attention than others, but that's just the way of things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103000 on: March 15, 2016, 02:10:12 am »

Also, if you mean your post from 4 pages back, well it's sort of vague, so it would be hard to know what sort of response you are expecting. You mention fear of frustration, but without knowing exactly what it is that you want/expect, I don't think others can offer a perspective on that.

I think everyone's felt like they posted something and got no responses and that felt like people were deliberately ignoring them. I certainly have, but that feeling is most certainly an illusion. Not every post is going to get noticed, especially in a long thread like this, and it will definitely be easier if people can put the issue into an actual context.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:16:24 am by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103001 on: March 15, 2016, 02:18:02 am »

i usually can't feel sad without that being in the form of "i am not one of the very best people in the world at what i am doing at the moment", so i can see why people usually won't reply to me in particular

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103002 on: March 15, 2016, 05:05:30 am »

I think everyone's felt like they posted something and got no responses and that felt like people were deliberately ignoring them. I certainly have, but that feeling is most certainly an illusion.
hear hear

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103003 on: March 15, 2016, 06:54:34 am »

I don't remember that specifically, but it's certainly possible. I apologize if I was condescending or if I did it at an inappropriate moment.

Hey, I was involved in it too. I don't want to imply that I'm above this or anything. I joined the discussion without seeing what started the topic and stopped when I realized it was kind of getting in the way of people actually being sympathetic. And now I'm arguing about this in the sad thread, so maybe I haven't learned much. I'll drop the topic.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:02:46 am by penguinofhonor »

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #103004 on: March 15, 2016, 08:26:43 am »

Went to a fabric store, asked for jute, got a confused look "burlap, uh hessian" the cute worker quickly responds by walking toward it.
$6 a square metre... im so cheap.
Oh and the night before mcdonalds didnt put enough ketchup on my chesse burgers or even reheat them enough but I do care about these things. I wasnt abusive i was the opposite.
Even the frys were cold.
It had been after drinking half a litre bottle of tequila in under 3 hours sitting near the town river and I didnt get drunk just slightly tipsy, it could have been the pizza and half I ate before it?
I felt ripped off the whole night and following morning as i felt like I had been drinking.
All the negative without the positive that night was.
I usualy get drunk off two beers, weird night.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation
Pages: 1 ... 6865 6866 [6867] 6868 6869 ... 8167