Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6867 6868 [6869] 6870 6871 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433968 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103020 on: March 16, 2016, 02:32:49 am »

america
Found your problem.

My sad for today is that I had a haircut. Now my hair's too short. It looks weird.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103021 on: March 16, 2016, 02:40:00 am »

America is better than my other option, Korea.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103022 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:57 am »

To be fair, finding jobs isn't easy anywhere. I just tend to make wanky anti-America posts.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #103023 on: March 16, 2016, 02:47:45 am »

To be fair, finding jobs isn't easy anywhere. I just tend to make wanky anti-America posts.

I could also make wanky posts about the countries I dislike but... You know, I don't. To show some decency.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103024 on: March 16, 2016, 03:15:09 am »

Woke up at three-thirty in the morning again.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103025 on: March 16, 2016, 03:26:34 am »

show some decency
It's not that bad, is it?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #103026 on: March 16, 2016, 03:27:35 am »

TAJIKISTAN DID NOTHING WRONG

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103027 on: March 16, 2016, 04:18:00 am »

I could also make wanky posts about the countries I dislike but... You know, I don't. To show some decency.
Man, that Australia place is really lame.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103028 on: March 16, 2016, 05:59:17 am »

Ugh, homework officially sucks.
Did not finish homework, am probably screwed.  Too many essays, too little time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103029 on: March 16, 2016, 07:48:27 am »

Also, if you mean your post from 4 pages back, well it's sort of vague, so it would be hard to know what sort of response you are expecting. You mention fear of frustration, but without knowing exactly what it is that you want/expect, I don't think others can offer a perspective on that.
sorry for being vague i guess

it's not like other people have to give context but hey

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #103030 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20:11 pm »

Some workers are busy slicing up a tree outside my house. It lost a big branch in a wind storm a few weeks back, so it probably needs it, but they're really cutting off a lot of branches. I hope they don't cut it down completely, I like having trees outside my window.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #103031 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:54 pm »

Miauw, man, it happens to all of us. I posted about my grandma having cancer a couple of times without anyone responding, but that doesn't mean they don't care, it's just that there's not a lot you can say there except 'well, damn', and that's not really a high-content post.

It's nothing personal. Sometimes life happens before someone writes the post they meant to. Sometimes they're like me and borderline asexual so they don't post because it probably won't help. But by and large, people read and care. If you want definite responses and more than just a place to unload your sorrows at the world, you're more than welcome to start a Life Advice thread or PM one of the many people on the forum who would be willing to listen. Heck, you can PM me, although I can't promise to be helpful, as aforementioned.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103032 on: March 16, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »

show some decency
It's not that bad, is it?
It does get a bit annoying when no matter where you go on the Internet, someone somewhere somehow is insulting the place you live. Especially when it's being done in ridiculously wide brushstrokes.

That's just my view on it though, sorry to butt in.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103033 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

I went to my school's blood drive thing today, but I passed out a little bit before I would've finished it and I actually did give the full pint - they just can't use it since I fell unconscious while everything was in and stuff I guess? I don't know exactly why, but the medtechs said they can't so that's fun :(

This was both my first time giving blood and also my first time fainting so it's been an experience day weee

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103034 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »

Go ahead and give it another shot next time you get a chance. I just about passed out my first time donating blood as well but the other times went much more smoothly.

Make sure you drink plenty of water before donating. Should probably make sure to eat a nutritious meal as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6867 6868 [6869] 6870 6871 ... 8167