Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6828 6829 [6830] 6831 6832 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430314 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102436 on: February 25, 2016, 07:27:44 am »

Platonic aloe vera is best aloe vera.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102437 on: February 25, 2016, 07:31:42 am »

I'm going to be an immortality shill again and say that you not actively searching for immortality is already suicide, so the best way to kill oneself is to just live and die.
Yeah, but you think immortality can be discovered in time for us? I'm mostly concerned with what happens after death, but it would be nice to not have to worry, yeah?
Who knows? I like to be optimistic and say yes, but who knows? And I don't really care either way because the world will be a complete clusterfuck when immortality becomes a thing. I think I would figure things out later if I do manage to become a deathless being, but I wouldn't envy anyone who have to deal with the philosophy of infinite life.
As someone who wants elves immortal, I have more trouble with the philosophy of what you do with the secret to immortality afterward. I mean, I would use it on myself because I'm a selfish bastard, but should I announce it to the world?

If so, who do I give it to? Everyone? Hello extreme overpopulation. What's a decent way to choose who lives forever and who dies? IF you find some magical answer to that, what happens when there are a bunch of immortals who've become super good at lots of things over the centuries and are just generally better then everyone else?
Give it to no-one and selfishly hog it all to yourself? Welcome to the world where literally everyone hates you. So far, this is sadly the best answer I have until someone comes up with a better one.
Secret society of immortals. Give it to people who deserve it, become the New World Order, don't give to anyone you love, have tremendous regrets, kill yourself.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102438 on: February 25, 2016, 07:55:06 am »

My dog cut the shit out of herself the other day and had to get stitches, so she's now sequestered inside. She just heard the other dog bark outside, and now she is howling in the most heartbreaking way. Poor baby ;-;
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102439 on: February 25, 2016, 08:30:13 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102440 on: February 25, 2016, 10:23:40 am »

I have to spend most of the weekend away from home somewhere for a family party, but I really, really don't want to. Next week is a busy week, I'm missing out on fun things happening this weekend and I really don't feel up to pretending like i'm fine for an entire weekend when i'm really not

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102441 on: February 25, 2016, 10:36:57 am »

I'm going to be an immortality shill again and say that you not actively searching for immortality is already suicide, so the best way to kill oneself is to just live and die.
Yeah, but you think immortality can be discovered in time for us? I'm mostly concerned with what happens after death, but it would be nice to not have to worry, yeah?
Who knows? I like to be optimistic and say yes, but who knows? And I don't really care either way because the world will be a complete clusterfuck when immortality becomes a thing. I think I would figure things out later if I do manage to become a deathless being, but I wouldn't envy anyone who have to deal with the philosophy of infinite life.
As someone who wants elves immortal, I have more trouble with the philosophy of what you do with the secret to immortality afterward. I mean, I would use it on myself because I'm a selfish bastard, but should I announce it to the world?

If so, who do I give it to? Everyone? Hello extreme overpopulation. What's a decent way to choose who lives forever and who dies? IF you find some magical answer to that, what happens when there are a bunch of immortals who've become super good at lots of things over the centuries and are just generally better then everyone else?
Give it to no-one and selfishly hog it all to yourself? Welcome to the world where literally everyone hates you. So far, this is sadly the best answer I have until someone comes up with a better one.
Secret society of immortals. Give it to people who deserve it, become the New World Order, don't give to anyone you love, have tremendous regrets, kill yourself.
If immortality is discovered, it belongs to everyone, regardless of any other problems.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102442 on: February 25, 2016, 10:39:29 am »

If immortality is discovered, it belongs to everyone, regardless of any other problems.
I have a feeling that most people who could actually somehow figure out immortality or have money to make someone figure it out for them don't think that way.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102443 on: February 25, 2016, 01:49:57 pm »

If this trip has taught me one thing, it's "Don't fucking go outside during the day, the Sun is out there trying to fucking kill you, dumbass". My once-pale... well, okay, my once not-very-tanned arms are now burnt to a crisp, along with my neck, scalp and probably face to a lesser degree.
The arms are the worst, though- mainly my left one, even having sunlight touch it momentarily is painful. I haven't had sunburn in years as far as I can remember, and now I have a terrible case of it that is probably gonna take ages to heal.

Oh, and don't even think about applying hugs right now. That would hurt. A lot.
If you want to make me feel better, why not apply some aloe vera instead? >.>
Delicious, delicious sunscreen.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102444 on: February 25, 2016, 02:12:31 pm »

listen

they might call it "tanning butter"

but it absolutely does not go on bread, no matter how golden-brown you might want it toasted
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102445 on: February 25, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »

i feel like shit, and there isn't anything i can do about it. i try to play games but do terribly and feel even worse. i cant get myself to work on my homework. i wont be able to relax this weekend and will have to interact with family all the time and pretend im not about to cry and bash my head against the wall until i fall unconcious while stressing out about next week's homework.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102446 on: February 25, 2016, 03:31:40 pm »

listen

they might call it "tanning butter"

but it absolutely does not go on bread, no matter how golden-brown you might want it toasted
* Koss shovels more into his mouth.
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEm YOU DO
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #102447 on: February 25, 2016, 04:07:06 pm »

If this trip has taught me one thing, it's "Don't fucking go outside during the day, the Sun is out there trying to fucking kill you, dumbass". My once-pale... well, okay, my once not-very-tanned arms are now burnt to a crisp, along with my neck, scalp and probably face to a lesser degree.
The arms are the worst, though- mainly my left one, even having sunlight touch it momentarily is painful. I haven't had sunburn in years as far as I can remember, and now I have a terrible case of it that is probably gonna take ages to heal.

Oh, and don't even think about applying hugs right now. That would hurt. A lot.
If you want to make me feel better, why not apply some aloe vera instead? >.>
*Applies*

I'd like to make a point for some kind of overwear. People might give you weird looks, like "How do you wear that on a day like this?" but a light jacket and long pants do wonders for avoiding sunburn.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102448 on: February 25, 2016, 04:08:08 pm »

i feel like shit, and there isn't anything i can do about it. i try to play games but do terribly and feel even worse. i cant get myself to work on my homework. i wont be able to relax this weekend and will have to interact with family all the time and pretend im not about to cry and bash my head against the wall until i fall unconcious while stressing out about next week's homework.
*hugs (platonically)*
I know the feel...

Too much essays, too much essays...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102449 on: February 25, 2016, 04:13:35 pm »

SUPERHOT is like 14 minutes late to release I'm panicking
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 6828 6829 [6830] 6831 6832 ... 8167