Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6826 6827 [6828] 6829 6830 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430294 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102405 on: February 24, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »

Tornado just hit about 30 miles to the NE. Was rather touch-and-go here for a while. Spent some quality time with the inside of our downstairs closet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102406 on: February 24, 2016, 04:47:32 pm »

Man, tornadoes blow don't they?

just trying to lighten the mood, hope things are ok
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102407 on: February 24, 2016, 04:53:41 pm »

They suck, actually.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102408 on: February 24, 2016, 04:55:57 pm »

The wind doesn't blow, it sucks.
Also if someone wants to kill me, go ahead, it might be simplier for everyone, except maybe the killer but whatever.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102409 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:35 pm »

Woo air pressure.

Listen, we'll all be happier if you're alive. Death is not cool. Death means things can't better. Things getting better is preferable to things not getting better. Ergo, don't die, we like you better alive.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102410 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »

Except you doooon't.
At best you would be midly saddened by the fact that I killed myself and possibly feel guilty but that's not something I can do anything about.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102411 on: February 24, 2016, 05:13:58 pm »

Still a net negative for everyone involved.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102412 on: February 24, 2016, 05:27:31 pm »

Except you doooon't.
At best you would be midly saddened by the fact that I killed myself and possibly feel guilty but that's not something I can do anything about.
You could not kill yourself and waste what life you have left. That'd eliminate the problem.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102413 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:55 pm »

I guess wasting my life instead of killing myself is as good idea as killing myself, thanks.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102414 on: February 24, 2016, 05:34:11 pm »

...You misread. I meant that killing yourself is wasting your life. Silly.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #102415 on: February 24, 2016, 05:40:16 pm »

My Mother's been feeling ill so I've been helping her out the last few days and she just told me of a conversation she had with her father she saw when she went abroad recently (also where she picked up her illness). During Chinese New year the topic of my grandfather's still-living friends was brought up so it was already emotional ground, but then my mother brought up one of the youngest of my grandfather's friends Talib and asked why he wasn't invited. In the old, old days, back when there were about 20 more now extinct Empires in the world, my grandfather on his way to becoming headmaster was put in charge of teaching a school of Malay children despite speaking not a single lick of Malay. My mother wrote his speeches for him and Talib looked over the speeches and taught him as much Malay as he could and in short, my grandfather's entire life could have been made or undone by Talib. My mother questioned my grandfather's loyalty to someone he owed so much to, he told her Talib had been dead for 25 years and he had never told her because of the circumstances of his death, he didn't want her to have a bad impression of him in death. He had bought some recreational medicine and was a heavy-drinking womanizer, but he wanted her to remember all of his hard work to help others through life, not the poisoned man with blood seeping from his eyes and ears. Both my mother and grandfather had warned him that the medicine looked like poison, later on my grandfather received a call from Talib's family saying what had happened. My grandfather never told anyone in our family just to preserve his memory. Despite not being Malay, Muslim or family, Talib's family asked him to follow the coffin until the very end of Talib's resting place.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102416 on: February 24, 2016, 07:35:37 pm »

Don't kill yourself. Most of the time, as it's happening you'll start to go "No! Wait! I wanted to do more stuff!" and never get a chance to regret it. Besides, we'd all miss you. It doesn't matter how often you post, or don't. We will all miss you, because losing someone is never fun. Even if it's just someone you know over the internet. Almost all of my friends are on the internet anyway.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102417 on: February 24, 2016, 07:55:14 pm »

I'm going to be an immortality shill again and say that you not actively searching for immortality is already suicide, so the best way to kill oneself is to just live and die.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102418 on: February 24, 2016, 07:55:27 pm »

Consider this: If you kill yourself, you won't get to go to SPAAAAAAACE.

SPAAAAAAAACE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102419 on: February 24, 2016, 08:01:05 pm »

I hate space.

* Cinder drops mic

(well actually i would like to be on another planet but fuck space and its lack of air)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6826 6827 [6828] 6829 6830 ... 8167