Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6827 6828 [6829] 6830 6831 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429158 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102420 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:39 pm »

(Only if B12 comes with do I want to be on another planet.  Wormholes, THEN other planets.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102421 on: February 24, 2016, 08:31:37 pm »

I hate space.

* Cinder drops mic

(well actually i would like to be on another planet but fuck space and its lack of air)
Space is how you get to other planets. And you can bring your own air. Or genetically modify yourself to be anaerobic, that works too.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102422 on: February 24, 2016, 09:06:31 pm »

I hate space.

* Cinder drops mic

(well actually i would like to be on another planet but fuck space and its lack of air)
Space is how you get to other planets. And you can bring your own air. Or genetically modify yourself to be anaerobic, that works too.
I would go to space to go to other planets, but I won't be on the spaceship talking about how cool space is. I'd probably ask to be put into cryostasis until I reach my destination.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102423 on: February 24, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Eh, not really. By the time you managed to get a functioning body that can survive anaerobically while still powering a brain, even a lowly baseline brain, it'd be more efficient to just stick your brain in a robot, in however manner that turns out to best work.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102424 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:40 pm »

Oh, yeah, I was assuming I would have a meat body, but if I had an artificial vessel I guess I would be less scared of space.

Still, it would be absolutely horrible to be stranded out in space after being sucked out through a breach. So again, even if you're a deathless robot space is still terrible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102425 on: February 24, 2016, 09:18:09 pm »

I spend about half the day being incredibly lonely and wishing somebody would come talk to me, then the other half wishing to God that people would just quit fucking bothering me and leave me alone.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102426 on: February 24, 2016, 09:39:40 pm »

Keep in mind that any pressure vessel intended to simulate earth only has one bar of pressure. It'd be pretty hard to get sucked out a breach, and anything making that big a hole in a reasonably-built spacecraft would probably kill anything in an adjacent room well before they had time to suffer from anoxia.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102427 on: February 24, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »

I'm going to be an immortality shill again and say that you not actively searching for immortality is already suicide, so the best way to kill oneself is to just live and die.
Yeah, but you think immortality can be discovered in time for us? I'm mostly concerned with what happens after death, but it would be nice to not have to worry, yeah?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102428 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:31 pm »

I'm going to be an immortality shill again and say that you not actively searching for immortality is already suicide, so the best way to kill oneself is to just live and die.
Yeah, but you think immortality can be discovered in time for us? I'm mostly concerned with what happens after death, but it would be nice to not have to worry, yeah?
Who knows? I like to be optimistic and say yes, but who knows? And I don't really care either way because the world will be a complete clusterfuck when immortality becomes a thing. I think I would figure things out later if I do manage to become a deathless being, but I wouldn't envy anyone who have to deal with the philosophy of infinite life.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102429 on: February 24, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »

Oh, yeah, I was assuming I would have a meat body, but if I had an artificial vessel I guess I would be less scared of space.

Still, it would be absolutely horrible to be stranded out in space after being sucked out through a breach. So again, even if you're a deathless robot space is still terrible.
Two words: Butt rockets.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102430 on: February 24, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

I spend about half the day being incredibly lonely and wishing somebody would come talk to me, then the other half wishing to God that people would just quit fucking bothering me and leave me alone.
*applies (platonic) hugs*
I know the feel.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102431 on: February 25, 2016, 01:26:22 am »

If this trip has taught me one thing, it's "Don't fucking go outside during the day, the Sun is out there trying to fucking kill you, dumbass". My once-pale... well, okay, my once not-very-tanned arms are now burnt to a crisp, along with my neck, scalp and probably face to a lesser degree.
The arms are the worst, though- mainly my left one, even having sunlight touch it momentarily is painful. I haven't had sunburn in years as far as I can remember, and now I have a terrible case of it that is probably gonna take ages to heal.

Oh, and don't even think about applying hugs right now. That would hurt. A lot.
If you want to make me feel better, why not apply some aloe vera instead? >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102432 on: February 25, 2016, 01:28:39 am »

That's what you get for living under a hole in the ozone layer
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102433 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:26 am »

Who knows? I like to be optimistic and say yes, but who knows? And I don't really care either way because the world will be a complete clusterfuck when immortality becomes a thing. I think I would figure things out later if I do manage to become a deathless being, but I wouldn't envy anyone who have to deal with the philosophy of infinite life.
As someone who wants to make themselves immortal, I have more trouble with the philosophy of what you do with the secret to immortality afterward. I mean, I would use it on myself because I'm a selfish bastard, but should I announce it to the world?

If so, who do I give it to? Everyone? Hello extreme overpopulation. What's a decent way to choose who lives forever and who dies? IF you find some magical answer to that, what happens when there are a bunch of immortals who've become super good at lots of things over the centuries and are just generally better then everyone else?
Give it to no-one and selfishly hog it all to yourself? Welcome to the world where literally everyone hates you. So far, this is sadly the best answer I have until someone comes up with a better one.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102434 on: February 25, 2016, 05:11:07 am »

Pages: 1 ... 6827 6828 [6829] 6830 6831 ... 8167