Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6798 6799 [6800] 6801 6802 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430105 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101985 on: February 14, 2016, 11:32:37 am »

*hugs (platonically) everybody*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101986 on: February 14, 2016, 12:30:20 pm »

Woke up with another panic attack today. Went from "argh it's too hot and I'm still half asleep" to "what are the chances I'll have a stroke and be trapped in my own body incapable of communicating or stuck in an altered state of consciousness for a non-trivial length of time?" followed by "I am definitely going to die at some indeterminate time in the future and if no afterlife exists, then everything that I am will be gone, erased forever". The latter being really saddening for me less for the usual reasons of an existential crisis and more because I've gone through it before, contemplated my possibilities and came to a conclusion that while sub-optimal, I am willing to accept. Suddenly getting terrified by the thought of my own mortality again, even if for only those passing moments, it's hard to express, it sort of feels like I'm betraying myself by ignoring my own beliefs which I'm terrified of losing.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101987 on: February 14, 2016, 01:32:35 pm »

That happens to me. "Hmm, how am I going to beat death? What happens if I don't? I'll cease to exist. Oh god. I'll CEASE to EXIST. I'M GOING TO STOP EXISTING. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then, I go hide in my computer and begin looking into how AI works.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101988 on: February 14, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

meh this is pretty clichéd but i feel like shit

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101989 on: February 14, 2016, 03:04:29 pm »

On the one hand, I have attractive friends on the female side of things, and don't have any of the deeply unpleasant shenaniganry y'all have to deal with. On the other, no romantic relationships and blarg schoolwork.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101990 on: February 14, 2016, 03:53:44 pm »

Have the sinking feeling my wife is starting to hate me. If you think is hard to be alone, wait till you lose half your life with someone leaving you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101991 on: February 14, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

Oh shit man, that's terrible. But, and this might be blunt and obvious and possibly not the best advice. Talk to her about it? Like, if you're unsure about it, ask, if you are sure, is there anything you can do or change to fix it?

I mean, if it's just a start, it's not too late, it's probably fixable, but it'll require work, and my guess is, she wouldn't be your wife if you hadn't been willing to work for and on the relationship up to that point.

So chin up I guess, it's not over yet if you're willing to fight it? Yeah, we'll go with that.

Also fuck me never thought I'd be in a position of trying to give advice to a married man about relationships. A colossal fuck up of faults and shit when it comes to these things.
So uh, take that with a grain of salt, since you definitely have more expirience at this sort of thing than me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101992 on: February 14, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

~~~
You could PM some random internet person

Like me, I'm a really shitty conversational partner but I don't mind talking about whatevs
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101993 on: February 14, 2016, 05:29:18 pm »

tomorrow it's back to school and back to feeling like a failure after every day for me

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #101994 on: February 14, 2016, 05:32:51 pm »

tomorrow it's back to school and back to feeling like a failure after every day for me

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?

If it's any consolation, the only girl that has approached me also tried to pursue a sexual relationship with her step-grandfather.

There are some things you can't make up.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101995 on: February 14, 2016, 05:50:43 pm »

What the actual fuck.

Why?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101996 on: February 14, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »

That's really fucked up about the girl with the step-grandfather, I have seen similar.

Tried to talk to her, by action and/or inaction I'm guilty of her current misery. Basically she feels I don't put enough effort on the relationship and trying to do new stuff, and whenever I do she's tired, apatic or sleepy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101997 on: February 14, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »

tbh, it's not much of a consolation. im just at a loss as to what to do. i dont really look forward to feeling like shit about this every day for the next one and a half years
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:22:56 pm by miauw62 »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101998 on: February 14, 2016, 06:33:27 pm »

That's really fucked up about the girl with the step-grandfather, I have seen similar.

Tried to talk to her, by action and/or inaction I'm guilty of her current misery. Basically she feels I don't put enough effort on the relationship and trying to do new stuff, and whenever I do she's tired, apatic or sleepy.

Well that's shitty and disheartening. But don't give up, hell, it doesn't need to be new stuff, do something you both love/loved (or something she loves) and put your all into it, even if she isn't feeling it. Just try to be positive and somehow impart that upon her (but don't push it too hard, lest it backfires).

In any case, not sure if any of this is helpful, I wish you luck in whatever you attempt to do about it, just do something, because the worst option would be just giving up.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #101999 on: February 14, 2016, 06:36:27 pm »

Cripplingly depressed today.  Not even sure why.  Some minor things earlier in the day just triggered a feeling of being fucking overwhelmed that hasn't gone away all day.  Can't seem to get myself to breathe properly, and overreacting at family wanting me to do things because I just want to isolate and try to calm myself.

And I'm horrible at expressing my problems to others to begin with... at least in person.  I'm great at writing about them, but the people who I need to express these things to hate it when I do so in writing.  But I don't feel like I really can anyway, because everyone else is making a big deal about their issues too.  We're going tomorrow to get one of our kids assessed by a therapist, because he's reached a point where the school refuses to work with him.  We send him in, and they just send him home a couple hours later.  Everyone else can shut down and fuck up their responsibilities to force their issues into the spotlight.  My paycheck has to happen every two weeks or everyone's fucked, so I have to just be stoic and force my way through.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6798 6799 [6800] 6801 6802 ... 8167