Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6796 6797 [6798] 6799 6800 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428137 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101955 on: February 13, 2016, 02:59:18 pm »

Well damn. That's pretty bad. I am, unusually, not in possession of anything useful to say. Hope things turn out okay.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101956 on: February 13, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »

My girlfriend's cousin has had some terrible, terrible things done to her by her brother. I won't go into details, but it's not good. She has openly admitted she has a crush on me (Goddamnit...), and it's not helping anything. She's repeatedly asked my what I would do if she started cutting herself, overdosed on pills, jumped off a building
I advise to restrict contact with your girlfriend's cousin

On top of this, all the "friends" I've had in the past few years have started being angry at me for not hanging out with them, when they told me to go away and not come back.
Ignore them
Fucking hipocrits...
It's "hypocrites"
Anyway. Language arts is requiring us to write poems for a book of our choice, and I don't see the point.

It's probably part of the subject. Also, it will probably improve your agility with the English language.
We also have to write a small book about ourselves and our pasts, which is difficult for me, considering I told counsiling will be useless for me, as I told the couneslor nothing of importance. This also brings up the bad memories of things like sudden, life-threatening seizures, people dying, being attacked, and a few other things. On top of this pile of shit, I keep realizing half of what I say is a lie, but I'm not sure what specifically is a lie.
Make all of it a lie. Nowhere does it say that it has to be a *honest* book about yourself and your past, and nobody will go double-checking it.
GF seems to be annoyed with me, and I'm kind of scared to ask.
Oh, and I disappoint myself almost every time I do anything.
To this a final piece of advice: Do it. Just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:03:22 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101957 on: February 13, 2016, 03:08:08 pm »

Works for me.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101958 on: February 13, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »

My girlfriend's cousin has had some terrible, terrible things done to her by her brother. I won't go into details, but it's not good. She has openly admitted she has a crush on me (Goddamnit...), and it's not helping anything. She's repeatedly asked my what I would do if she started cutting herself, overdosed on pills, jumped off a building

I've done that. it's still bugging me in the back of my mind. Doesn't help that she happens to be in half of my classes.
On top of this, all the "friends" I've had in the past few years have started being angry at me for not hanging out with them, when they told me to go away and not come back.
Ignore them

Fucking hipocrits...
It's "hypocrites"

I do ignore them. They keep trying to talk to me.

I can't spell a this time of day. I think not eating has something to do with it as well.

Anyway. Language arts is requiring us to write poems for a book of our choice, and I don't see the point.

It's probably part of the subject. Also, it will probably improve your agility with the English language.

I know it's part of the subject, and I know it's meant to improve agility with the English language. It still seems pointless, considering this is the third time we've done this in the past year or so.

We also have to write a small book about ourselves and our pasts, which is difficult for me, considering I told counsiling will be useless for me, as I told the couneslor nothing of importance. This also brings up the bad memories of things like sudden, life-threatening seizures, people dying, being attacked, and a few other things. On top of this pile of shit, I keep realizing half of what I say is a lie, but I'm not sure what specifically is a lie.
Make all of it a lie. Nowhere does it say that it has to be a *honest* book about yourself and your past, and nobody will go double-checking it.

Huh. I never thought of that. Good thing I'm great at speaking out of my ass.
GF seems to be annoyed with me, and I'm kind of scared to ask.

Did. You know the story.

Oh, and I disappoint myself almost every time I do anything.
To this a final piece of advice: Do it. Just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
Goddamnit Shia
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101959 on: February 13, 2016, 03:50:11 pm »

So apparently me being lethargic had nothing to do with my weed habit. I smoked like half a gram a day for a couple of years, and I haven't had any in five days now and I don't have even a little bit more energy. The only difference I can see is that gaming isn't as enjoyable :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101960 on: February 13, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

*aaaand hugs chaotic skies because that officially sucks.*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101961 on: February 13, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »

So apparently me being lethargic had nothing to do with my weed habit. I smoked like half a gram a day for a couple of years, and I haven't had any in five days now and I don't have even a little bit more energy. The only difference I can see is that gaming isn't as enjoyable :(
Following assimilation via the blood, ▵9-THC rapidly penetrates in to fat tissues and highly vascularized tissues including brain and muscle resulting in rapid decrease in plasma concentration (61, 63).This tissue distribution is followed by slow redistribution of it from the deep fat deposits back into the blood stream.

It should be noted that the residual ▵9-THC levels are maintained in the body for a long time following abuse. The half- life of it for an infrequent user is 1.3 days and for frequent users 5-13 days

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101962 on: February 13, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

Well I should be feeling *some* difference after on half-life, no? As it is I don't really feel any more inclined to do anything, though TBF I don't really *want* to do anything. IDK, I just haven't been excited about anything in years, I mostly just do stuff just to kill time.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101963 on: February 13, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »

I waste a lot of time too. That's the only reason I sign up for anything. Ever.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101964 on: February 13, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »

Oh lawd, I shouldn't have had quite so much to drink last night.
I need to go out again today, but I'm hungover and I don't have as much money as I should have. Also the only sleep I've had was a brief nap on the train, which really won't cut it... but I don't have time to sleep. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101965 on: February 13, 2016, 06:16:07 pm »

I was about to say coffee, but from what I'm being told only do that if you want to have a worse time.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101966 on: February 13, 2016, 06:24:00 pm »

Jeez, I just checked my bank account and apparently I spent all my money last night as well. I'm not even sure what the hell happened.
There are five ten dollar transactions after the one I remember, as well as a purchase at some sort of food place.
I think I'll have to crack into my savings for today. :-\     

Man, I kinda wish weed caused me lethargy. I just get frenetic paranoia and an urge to make stupid puns.
Still, I'm sorry to hear that. Probably need more time to feel a difference, though.       
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:26:51 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101967 on: February 13, 2016, 07:15:44 pm »

Hey! You smoke weed and turn into Sans! Just don't get over-baked. Then you'll burn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101968 on: February 13, 2016, 07:17:58 pm »

Sans? As in Comic Sans? I'm pretty sure I speak in that font in such situations, that's actually quite accurate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101969 on: February 13, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »

Yoink confirmed for Sans.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 6796 6797 [6798] 6799 6800 ... 8167