Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6654 6655 [6656] 6657 6658 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439884 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99825 on: December 15, 2015, 06:34:04 pm »

Seems okay to me. I dunno, you might want to stick in a line about "I am confident my skills will be a great asset to you", or similar bootlicking.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99826 on: December 15, 2015, 06:34:41 pm »

Well, I didn't freeze to death. Yay?
Woo!
Comrade Sirus, ye need ze ushanka hat to survive in ze cold void of class struggle.
Also you should obtain 47th tome of Lenins works, it is especially heartwarming.
But I'm not Russian. I'm not even particularly communist :P
We're all Russian at heart.
Deep inside of us all is a Russian. And inside that Russian is a smaller Russian. And inside that Russian....  :P

@Truean:
I didn't think it sounded snarky at all. I'd send it. Worst-case, you *still* don't get the position. So, same result as currently.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99827 on: December 15, 2015, 07:12:32 pm »

Had a situation like that a couple years ago. If it ever happens to me again, I'll keep that Azithromycin stuff in mind. The way I felt then, I would have traded it for severe bowel trauma.

Some caveats

- Azithromycin is not the first line standard antibiotic in empyrical management of sinusitis.

- Azithromycin is not OTC

- Azithromycin is expensive without a national healthcare service prescription or equivalent. A quick google shows a retail price of around twentysomething bucks a pill

- Yadda yadda allergies adverse effects whatnot. You know the drill. Consult your GP before doing stuff.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #99828 on: December 15, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »

More annoyed than sad, but I'm getting a constant crash in DF right now if I try to trade with the caravan. Can avoid the crash if I don't trade, but I really want the stuff. So it's skip stuff or skip playing this fortress until the bug is fixed.

Posted a bug report, though, since it is at least reproducible for me and seems to be a fairly common crash on the bug tracker. Hopefully Toady will fix it soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99829 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:30 pm »

Noted. Thank you.

I agree. The only thing is, this woman and I should hopefully have repeat transactions because she's a major recruiter. All the same, it's kind of sad. That said, you still think I should?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99830 on: December 15, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »

More annoyed than sad, but I'm getting a constant crash in DF right now if I try to trade with the caravan. Can avoid the crash if I don't trade, but I really want the stuff. So it's skip stuff or skip playing this fortress until the bug is fixed.

Posted a bug report, though, since it is at least reproducible for me and seems to be a fairly common crash on the bug tracker. Hopefully Toady will fix it soon.

I can fix it for you faster than Toady can

There you are
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99831 on: December 15, 2015, 07:58:58 pm »

@Truean: Do it. Literally cannot hurt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99832 on: December 15, 2015, 08:30:12 pm »

Eh, as we know, I've had some career setbacks from people being jerks, but I'm hoping she doesn't kill me for this.

In other news, things are so bad in Ukraine that they almost elected Darth Vader. Sure he was 15th out of 42, but imagine candidates 16-42 who were worse than literally a proudly evil overlord. Over 25K signatures. Things must be going well there....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99833 on: December 15, 2015, 09:37:05 pm »

......... Wow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99834 on: December 15, 2015, 09:42:11 pm »

Yes, but he would have gotten results! "You are a part of the rebel alliance and a traitor! Take her away!"  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99835 on: December 15, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »

So I tried to show a friend how dull my knife is and dragged the blade across my finger (as I've done before) and it cut right open.... So I had to drive home with a tissue wrapped around my left infect finger tip
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99836 on: December 15, 2015, 10:52:16 pm »

So I tried to show a friend how dull my knife is and dragged the blade across my finger (as I've done before) and it cut right open.... So I had to drive home with a tissue wrapped around my left infect finger tip
Well, at least it cuts now....That sucks.  Hope it heals quickly and doesn't catch anything.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99837 on: December 15, 2015, 11:24:35 pm »

It's not too deep of a cut, should be mostly closed by tomorrow morning but hurt like all heck scrubbing in the shower
Thank you
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99838 on: December 15, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »

What have we learned today?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99839 on: December 15, 2015, 11:38:59 pm »

@Truean: Do it. Literally cannot hurt.
What if they take offence and send a hitman squad though? What will our plucky forum lawyer do?
FIGHT TO THE DEATH, AND DIE WITH A SMILE! VALHAALLAAAAAA
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 6654 6655 [6656] 6657 6658 ... 8167