Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439788 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99810 on: December 15, 2015, 11:41:10 am »

Well, I didn't freeze to death. Yay?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99811 on: December 15, 2015, 11:45:29 am »

Pretty sure my cold has resulted into  sinusitis via overinfection. I'm pretty sure the same has happened in the past as well, and that's why during the last few years I endured a cough for weeks. I'm packing azithromycin in hopes of improvement.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99812 on: December 15, 2015, 01:31:15 pm »

While looking up something for the "older gamers" thread, I realized that Ultima VI and Wing Commander are 25 years old. They are literally more than half a life ago for me.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99813 on: December 15, 2015, 02:22:58 pm »

Pretty sure my cold has resulted into  sinusitis via overinfection. I'm pretty sure the same has happened in the past as well, and that's why during the last few years I endured a cough for weeks. I'm packing azithromycin in hopes of improvement.

Ugh. Azithromycin seems to have improved my sinus infection symptoms dramatically... but has wreacked havoc on my guts just as quick. Turns out I'm part of the unlucky 52%.

I'll consider delaying the last dose a day or so depending on the evolution.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:31:16 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99814 on: December 15, 2015, 02:42:25 pm »

I used to have to take 3g (not mg, grams) of azithromycin before any dental work. I feel your stomach-churning pain.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99815 on: December 15, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

So I was planning to go home tommorrow to suprise my mom because she was getting her diploma ( think she should be a magister or whatever it's called) this week. But today dad called me and said he was picking up my uncle from the airport and could pick me up too. The reason? Well it appears my grandfather has gotten worse in the past couple of days and probably won't last long.

I'm not entirely sure what, if anything I feel right now. I've grown distant from him in the past few years, not living here anymore, he and my dad not being on the best of terms, and then his minda kinda started slipping and he couldn't really remember me a year ago when my uncle died.

When he dies that'll be an end of a generation in my family, that's certainly sad but beyond that I honestly have no reaction it seems :l
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99816 on: December 15, 2015, 03:33:33 pm »

Woo!
Comrade Sirus, ye need ze ushanka hat to survive in ze cold void of class struggle.
Also you should obtain 47th tome of Lenins works, it is especially heartwarming.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99817 on: December 15, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »

Between christmas shopping and spending all my money on videogame sales at GOG I've spent most of my money (not that I had much to begin with)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99818 on: December 15, 2015, 04:30:55 pm »

Woo!
Comrade Sirus, ye need ze ushanka hat to survive in ze cold void of class struggle.
Also you should obtain 47th tome of Lenins works, it is especially heartwarming.
But I'm not Russian. I'm not even particularly communist :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #99819 on: December 15, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »

Woo!
But I'm not Russian. I'm not even particularly communist :P
We're all Russian at heart.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99820 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:34 pm »

~~~
As a general rule, aches are standard, pain is not. If something actually hurts then you probably want to take a break.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99821 on: December 15, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »

Meh, a few things happened today. For a change I'll actually list them in their dumb, angsty glory.
First of all, I passed two people walking side by side while biking to shool. That's all I can reasonably say. Unreasonably, it was my crush and that dude. Yeah.
After the last exam, I was talking with some dude. The topic drifted to being stalked, somehow. He mentions some girl who won't leave him alone or something. Not really a subject I can contribute much on, which sort of made it awkward to talk about, but it mainly just made me feel really self-concious. It's something I'm always afraid of people seeing me as and this... Sort of didn't help me rationalise that away.
Also hearing people talk about their gf. I don't really need to explain that.
Finally, after the exam we had to attend a presentation about something, in the theatre hall of our school. My best friend managed to not be at the mandatory presentation, so I was sitting next to some other dude. Anyway, my luck is bad enough that my crush was almost directly in front of me. I didn't do anything. Didn't want to force another awkward encounter. I still felt extremely self-concious the entire time, though. Just, ugh. I can't let it go. :x

Did I mention my phone's default typing prediction has become "I have no idea what to do about it." :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99822 on: December 15, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »

Ugh. Azithromycin seems to have improved my sinus infection symptoms dramatically... but has wreacked havoc on my guts just as quick. Turns out I'm part of the unlucky 52%.

I'll consider delaying the last dose a day or so depending on the evolution.

Had a situation like that a couple years ago. If it ever happens to me again, I'll keep that Azithromycin stuff in mind. The way I felt then, I would have traded it for severe bowel trauma.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99823 on: December 15, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »

Caroline: The more posts of yours I see, the more I think you're being raised by narcissists. My condolences. (There's no reason for you to feel shame over not knowing something that you had no knowledge of, which a patent would normally explain...)

P. S. I've only heard bad things about crossfit, but vOv.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99824 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:15 pm »

Please NO QUOTING:

I got a phone interview for an In House Real Estate Counsel position today. Didn't get it.

Basically she wanted more "commercial leasing" experience.  ???

Pardon me, but given the state of the real estate economy in the United States over the last few years, are you joking? In addition to that I'm thinking about sending this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Summation:
A.) More outright transfers than leases done, but come on it's pretty bloody close.
B.) Did Commercial leases from the tenant's side, much as the defense attorney knows how to prosecute. Same coin, different side.
C.) Really? It seems like she's steering towards someone who works exclusively in commercial leasing when the job posting said residential and commercial. She admitted I had tons of residential, but just what?

It just seems misleading.

Do you guys think I should send her this email?
Does it seem snappy/snarky?
Do you think it goes against anything or that I'd be better off not sending it?

I don't know. It's just another slap it seems. You wanna know why they can't seem to fill this position? There's been 0 demand for this in the past few years with the dead real estate situation. They're chasing the unicorn they killed.

Meh.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:31:29 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 ... 8167