Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6600 6601 [6602] 6603 6604 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446862 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99015 on: November 18, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »

i'm basically popping pills so i don't pop my damn ear out (tylenol extra strength, 1-2 every 1-2 hours, usually 1 every hour and a half)

asdasdad

i hope my liver can take it. it's only for a few days but i've had to do it at least twice before. between potential liver damage and "oh my god my brain/ear is literally being spiked" i'll take the former, cuz it's "potential"

May I suggest doing something else than tylenol and/or alternating? Its not like its very effective to begin with. You might get more relief, say, doing tylenol/ibuprofen -if you're not allergic or cant take it for another reason-alternating them. Tht way you take nsaids more often while keeping both at moderate ammounts and thus decreasing toxicity risk
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99016 on: November 18, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

The shitty F2P Korean grindfest MMO

That really doesn't narrow it down.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99017 on: November 18, 2015, 04:50:05 pm »

i'm basically popping pills so i don't pop my damn ear out (tylenol extra strength, 1-2 every 1-2 hours, usually 1 every hour and a half)

asdasdad

i hope my liver can take it. it's only for a few days but i've had to do it at least twice before. between potential liver damage and "oh my god my brain/ear is literally being spiked" i'll take the former, cuz it's "potential"

May I suggest doing something else than tylenol and/or alternating? Its not like its very effective to begin with. You might get more relief, say, doing tylenol/ibuprofen -if you're not allergic or cant take it for another reason-alternating them. Tht way you take nsaids more often while keeping both at moderate ammounts and thus decreasing toxicity risk
Yeah, I took aspirin and that seems not only more effective but much less likely to overdose. It was like 3-4 hours ago and only now is the pain actually coming back, and it's still bearable for maybe another hour or so.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99018 on: November 18, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »

...Archeage?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99019 on: November 18, 2015, 05:16:30 pm »

-snip-
ah, yeah, i thought this was like... your ears were popping and the mechanics of taking a pill helped. didn't realize it was pain, cause i suck. antacids wouldn't be very effective i guess, although they do help a side effect of ibuprofen in my experience (all dat stomach bleeding, curse my allergy to acetaminophen).

but yeah aspirin is probably the way to go if you're taking a painkiller very frequently, especially if it's effective

good luck, vibrobuddy
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99020 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »

...Archeage?
Nah, that game looks orders of magnitude less shitty than this one.

The only reason I'm still involved with it is that I'm hopelessly attached to the franchise it's based on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99021 on: November 18, 2015, 06:54:40 pm »

Thing with paracetamol (and metamizole for that matter) is that their antinflammatory effect is rather mild, and most of the pain relief will come precisely because of the antiinflammatory effect. That's why they are pretty disappointing as painkillers.

They're pretty kickass as antipyretics, however.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99022 on: November 19, 2015, 03:27:36 am »

So it turns out, that during 8 hours of job I encounter bazillion times less shit, then while I am in home with relatives. wtf really

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:33:02 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99024 on: November 19, 2015, 03:55:08 am »

So it turns out, that during 8 hours of job I encounter bazillion times less shit, then while I am in home with relatives. wtf really
You obviously don't work as IT support.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99025 on: November 19, 2015, 08:37:06 am »

Don't think I posted this.
My landlord didn't inform me of a scheduled power outage, and the result of that power outage happened whilst I was playing fallout. Didn't lose a save, but I did lose my PSU, which I just paid $150 out of pocket to replace, three days later.
Now, Landlord felt bad, so has offered to waive the next internet bill ($30). I said fair enough, honor is satisfied, as the company sent it via post and we're all pretty lezais faire when it comes to paper mail.

Issue is, it's broken again, after two hours of playtime, so now we're gonna have to lug it out to the bench again and do top-to-bottom diagnosis all over again.
It's like the gift that keeps on giving.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99026 on: November 19, 2015, 10:06:49 am »

I'm bored and there's no work to do and we're out of tea and it's only 10am.  The only thing keeping me going right now is a possibility of bagels at a meeting later this morning.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99027 on: November 19, 2015, 10:30:31 am »

asdasdad

Yeah, I took aspirin and that seems not only more effective but much less likely to overdose. It was like 3-4 hours ago and only now is the pain actually coming back, and it's still bearable for maybe another hour or so.
If you're having serious problems you should really go see a doctor. Even "safe" painkillers like aspirin can be pretty harmful if you are taking lots of them over any real period of time (internal bleeding, yay!).

Best of luck to ya.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99028 on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:21 am »

Google, the FUCK did you do to the Subscriptions layout? It was fine as it was! IT WAS FUCKING FINE!

It's fixable, you can switch to the old one in the top right. Thankfully after a few moments of panic I noticed this and now all is well with my YT layout.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #99029 on: November 19, 2015, 10:56:38 am »

I'm fairly sure I've got an ulcer, do to continuous stabbing stomach pain and blood coming out of various places.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6600 6601 [6602] 6603 6604 ... 8167