Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6598 6599 [6600] 6601 6602 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446876 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98985 on: November 17, 2015, 06:11:54 pm »

it's like a drunken slip'n'slide

nobody knows what they're doing, everybody's going to get hurt, and that's basically fine
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98986 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:55 pm »

Fuckingdammit dreams stop taunting me. I already struggle with the reality of not being able to be with her I do not need dreams that I cannot forget no matter how hard I try tantalizing me about the prospect that will never happen in the first place fuckshithoflglibnozgarkass

As a side note, whatever action you take Miaw I'd recommend you do something or other before you possibly end up in my situation, it's not an enviable one and I can't get myself out of it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98987 on: November 17, 2015, 07:19:09 pm »

Uhh, Xan, do you know from experience, or have you just deemed it impossible...?
I mean, if you haven't tried and there's no evidence to the contrary...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:21:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98988 on: November 17, 2015, 07:39:47 pm »

Uhh, Xan, do you know from experience, or have you just deemed it impossible...?
I mean, if you haven't tried and there's no evidence to the contrary...
From a purely technicality-minded standpoint it's perfectly possible but it would involve manipulating her and probably other people in order to cause her to break up with her current significant other who she's been with for a good 3.5ish years, and I couldn't get that past my conscience if I tried.
Plus if I even acknowledge the possibility of it a part of my brain goes into constant thinking about how to make it happen without hurting anyone's feelings on my part, which aside from passively waiting for the off-chance that they break it off on their own isn't really doable, and that line of thinking just leads to hours secluded in my room writhing in frustration so it's better for me to just put down a unilateral stance of impossibility to better impose the appearance of rationality on my psyche.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98989 on: November 17, 2015, 07:41:50 pm »

Oof.
That hurts.
I've got nothing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98990 on: November 17, 2015, 07:49:41 pm »

Yeah, I've spent roughly a year and one month (best approximate time I can figure I fell for her, since I've known her for a year and seven and started displaying signs of affection around six months after meeting her, though I remained in denial for about four months after that) trying to finagle a solution to this and I've come up with nothing other than 'remain good friends with her and try not to blurt it out when inhibitions are lowered'.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98991 on: November 17, 2015, 08:21:49 pm »

Back really is killing me today. At some points, it's started to get hard to even breathe without flashes of pain, and I'm also quite tired, and I feel like exerting myself could make things worse.
Still, I have to go to crossfit today because I'm scared he could get angry at me.
Doublepost, but goddamn ouch. Mayhaps try relaying the fact that you're in pain to the trainer guy? Unless he's also your dad in which case I'm sorry for you, but hopefully they tend to be reasonable people when it comes to injuries, because injured people can't come to their classes and pay them money.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98992 on: November 17, 2015, 09:07:19 pm »

Back really is killing me today. At some points, it's started to get hard to even breathe without flashes of pain, and I'm also quite tired, and I feel like exerting myself could make things worse.
Still, I have to go to crossfit today because I'm scared he could get angry at me.
Doublepost, but goddamn ouch. Mayhaps try relaying the fact that you're in pain to the trainer guy? Unless he's also your dad in which case I'm sorry for you, but hopefully they tend to be reasonable people when it comes to injuries, because injured people can't come to their classes and pay them money.
Heh, yeah.
If that doesn't work, well, take a book or something with you and go but don't do anything?
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98993 on: November 17, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »

ear infection again

started two days before i get on a bus to baltimore to see my guy

insurance doesn't cover me because i'm not in school atm so medication cost 50 bucks instead of 5

pain aaaaaa

i need to stop using q-tips .-.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98994 on: November 17, 2015, 10:14:42 pm »

Kim Davis
source
Now this doesn't make sense to me, and I'm a warping eldritch abomination that spends its time demoing around on the Internet instead of doing anything important.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98995 on: November 17, 2015, 11:15:13 pm »

@Caroline:If your two sisters will not either testify that you physically couldn't do the whatever, or did the whatever, I think you need new sisters.

*reads other half of the post*
Ooooor they have verrrry mild cases of ...serious brain damage.  Very mild.  They'll be just fine.
</mangledWheatleyquote>

No but seriously, what.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98996 on: November 17, 2015, 11:23:02 pm »

I think it's mostly scary parents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #98997 on: November 18, 2015, 12:07:51 am »

ear infection again

insurance doesn't cover me because i'm not in school atm so medication cost 50 bucks instead of 5

pain aaaaaa

Yah, infections that you were over with before returning sucks. My throat infection came back on Thursday, and it's driving me nuts too. I have yet to see a Dr about getting some medicine, so you have my sympathies. Two dudes in mind-bogglingly frustrating pain without our needed meds we are.

Best of luck to you getting better, Descan.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98998 on: November 18, 2015, 12:09:01 am »

ear infection again

pain aaaaaa

I thought you guys had free healthcare in Canadia? Did I miss something?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #98999 on: November 18, 2015, 12:16:28 am »

I thought you guys had free healthcare in Canadia? Did I miss something?
There are three categories of things in Canada.

1) Vital Dr.s visits: whether a walk-in clinic, a family doctor, an emergency room visit, these are free.
2) Vital "Other": Meds, eye-doctors, dentists, physio therapy, these things are typically covered by workplace or school provided insurance, and can be expensive if you don't have insurance, but very few Canadians have to pay much for these things.
3) Non-Vital "Other": Cosmetic surgery, etc, pay out of pocket.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 6598 6599 [6600] 6601 6602 ... 8167