Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6599 6600 [6601] 6602 6603 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447177 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99000 on: November 18, 2015, 12:19:59 am »

New sad:
Sister is writing an essay about how marriage is between a man and woman only, and somehow gay marriage in the US is against the principlesDeclaration of Independence because it somehow... Compromises the equality of all human beings? She's quoting Kim Davis as a source.  :'(
Granting rights of marriage to a group that previously did not have rights that another group had, ie broadening the range of "equality" between people of various different groups, compromises the Declaration of Independence's concept that all people are "created equal" and have certain inalienable rights?

...How does that make any coherent logical sense. I suppose maybe it could make sense if you took a strict constructionist view at the Declaration and argue that the writers had a set ideal in mind when writing it and anything that does not meet that ideal violates it. But using this view you can argue that women are not created equally because it does not refer specifically to women, only saying that "all men are created equal". So there'd be worse violations than just gay marriage. There'd be the whole women's rights thing. And anything else that's modern and deviates from how life was for the writers of the Declaration. So it's kinda a flawed view.

Irregardless, your sister sounds like she doesn't really understand what she's writing about. Sounds like she's just trying to say "gay marriage is teh bads mkay" rather than debate the ideology of a foreign nation's founding documents.

That's stupid. She's stupid. I'm mildly peeved at her stupids. Ugh. Sorry for ranting.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99001 on: November 18, 2015, 12:28:54 am »

The world would be a much better place if people would stop complaining about who other people want to bang.

2) Vital "Other": Meds, eye-doctors, dentists, physio therapy, these things are typically covered by workplace or school provided insurance, and can be expensive if you don't have insurance, but very few Canadians have to pay much for these things.
... and prescription medication is paid for by the NHB in New Zealand! WE'RE BETTER THAN CANADA AT SOMETHING.

*patriotism intensifies*
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99002 on: November 18, 2015, 02:16:58 am »

The world would be a much better place if people would stop complaining about who other people want to bang.
Child molesters. You are now in check, move your king.

Granting rights of marriage to a group that previously did not have rights that another group had, ie broadening the range of "equality" between people of various different groups, compromises the Declaration of Independence's concept that all people are "created equal" and have certain inalienable rights?
Also black rights because that wasn't a unilateral thing when they made the damn thing.

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99003 on: November 18, 2015, 02:51:29 am »

Fuckingdammit dreams stop taunting me. I already struggle with the reality of not being able to be with her I do not need dreams that I cannot forget no matter how hard I try tantalizing me about the prospect that will never happen in the first place fuckshithoflglibnozgarkass

As a side note, whatever action you take Miaw I'd recommend you do something or other before you possibly end up in my situation, it's not an enviable one and I can't get myself out of it.
I'm fairly sure that I know how you feel, I've had those dreams too and they suck :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99004 on: November 18, 2015, 03:35:57 am »

Sounds like it's time for me to shill RELIGION THREAD, for all your religion-bashing needs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99005 on: November 18, 2015, 10:44:28 am »

Head feels like a cloud today. Not sure if I'm tired (even though I think I had enough sleep for the most part, more than previous days atleast) or if it's a cold coming up to annoy me. Either way, it's making me feel shit and unproductive for the most part, I think a nice shot of sugar would help in the short term but I really don't want that right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99006 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:24 am »

Amount of anger and derp on the lower forums seems to have increased considerably in the last week (I'm sure the events in Paris is partially the cause). It's getting exhausting.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99007 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:33 am »

Paris and the whole refugee thing, I think. The whole European politics section has been a crapshot the last couple weeks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99008 on: November 18, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »

Amount of anger and derp on the lower forums seems to have increased considerably in the last week (I'm sure the events in Paris is partially the cause). It's getting exhausting.
yeah

only coping mechanism i've found is to stop taking anything you folks say seriously, with very few exceptions

this may have a side effect of increasing the volume of derp, however
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99009 on: November 18, 2015, 12:38:29 pm »

i'm basically popping pills so i don't pop my damn ear out (tylenol extra strength, 1-2 every 1-2 hours, usually 1 every hour and a half)

asdasdad

i hope my liver can take it. it's only for a few days but i've had to do it at least twice before. between potential liver damage and "oh my god my brain/ear is literally being spiked" i'll take the former, cuz it's "potential"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99010 on: November 18, 2015, 12:47:36 pm »

Well, try to keep it on the low-down as much as you can. Which I'm sure you're already doing. Good luck, ear pain sucks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99011 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »

Maybe mix in some ibuprofen or antacids or something? Keep from overloading on any one drug.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99012 on: November 18, 2015, 01:16:08 pm »

Good idea. I'll get some ibuprofen so I can space out both types of pain mediciation without killing myself.

(Acetaminophen and ibuprofen don't interact badly so it should work fine)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99013 on: November 18, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

Dozed off on the train home, had some dream that I'm pretty sure was totally amazing, then woke up as the stop two stations past mine was announced, had a groggy 'ohshit' moment once my sleepy brain realised what was wrong and then promptly forgot whatever it was that I was dreaming about.       

Also earlier on unexplained stomach cramps put a serious dampener on my evening (and possibly caused me to get lost, miss the last train home and have to wait hours for the next one), but I'm more annoyed by forgetting that enjoyable, elusive dream.
Was really bugging me as I shuffled off to switch trains.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99014 on: November 18, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »

The shitty F2P Korean grindfest MMO that I play recently changed hands. Now instead of being run highly incompetently, it's being run astoundingly incompetently. Announced events never materialize, new features fail to work as intended, minor bugfix patches add new bugs that render the game unplayable for days.

Just yesterday they ended a limited-time sales event a week early without warning, and then went back and edited the dates on the news post so it would look like it was always supposed to end yesterday. I'd intended to buy a couple of the event items this week from other players, but now the price has doubled overnight. Not cooool.

If anyone here actually recognizes what game I'm talking about, I'll be both impressed and dismayed. :P
Pages: 1 ... 6599 6600 [6601] 6602 6603 ... 8167