Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6597 6598 [6599] 6600 6601 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448582 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98970 on: November 17, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »

seen that clip before, basically accurate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98971 on: November 17, 2015, 02:33:19 pm »

Just be like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And not like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98972 on: November 17, 2015, 02:36:24 pm »

Funnily enough I just saw that movie (is awesome) and wanted to link that same thing too XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98973 on: November 17, 2015, 03:26:54 pm »

I would like to note that i literally dont even know if asking somebody out is even something that is done in belgium
just asking somebody out out of the blue still seems like a bad idea, to be honest :x
then again, its not like i know what else i would do. messaging them on facebook is tempting but... eh. the same reason comes to mind again, that being i only talked to her once and not wanting to seem weird.

It never ceases to amaze me that young dudes don't seem to realize that girls their age are *le gasp* regular people just like them. Some girls want to be asked out. Some don't. Some will be interested in you. Some won't. Some want to play video games. Some want to play head games. Just. Talk. To. Her. Like. Any. Other. Person. * shakes the hell out of miauw*
i guess i know this on an intellectual level somewhere, but emotionally... not really
eh, i tried to write up some sort of justification but i guess there isn't really one.
talking to them like any other person is definitely what i try, and i seem to have succeeded at this last time. a bit too much, even >.>

e:
this sort of reminds me of a thing, that being that seeing my crush talk to another dude just makes me feel really shitty and it's one of those things where i feel shitty for feeling shitty about it too. i guess it's jealousy. that's basically the definition of jealousy, isn't it?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:31:03 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98974 on: November 17, 2015, 03:35:43 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me that young dudes don't seem to realize that girls their age are *le gasp* regular people just like them. Some girls want to be asked out. Some don't. Some will be interested in you. Some won't. Some want to play video games. Some want to play head games. Just. Talk. To. Her. Like. Any. Other. Person. * shakes the hell out of miauw*
You sure are projecting your current self onto past events and acting like that's not a faulty approach. The power dynamics at play with teenagers are not the same as the ones at play with young adults are not the same as the ones at play with adults.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98975 on: November 17, 2015, 03:41:01 pm »

People are people. I deal with all ages almost every day. You can approach just about everyone, aside from very shy children, pretty much the same way and get results. Finding common ground with absolutely anyone is surprisingly simple (but note that I've been in retail for almost 9 years, so it's probably a little easier for me than most, despite my 100% introvert tendencies.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98976 on: November 17, 2015, 03:45:43 pm »

Since theres no frustrated thread:

addfcgfhjbjcgfh I are procraddinator with dishes and laundry

cgfxknjlnjk

hvjhvjhvh
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:50:32 pm by smjjames »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98977 on: November 17, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »

Frustration, days being rated in function of this, rejection?
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes. You can cut the middle bit shorter though.
Yeah, and if the last rejection is kinda fresh you'll know that it isn't the end of the world, so might as well get it over with now instead of after a whatever amount of time agonizing over it. Best of luck to you though, hope it works out this time :D
Thanks for the advice, but I think that confessing to somebody i've spoken to literally once is not a good idea. really, there's no way that wouldn't be weird. not that getting a crush on somebody ive spoken to once is a good idea, but i dont seem to have much control in the matter >.>

I really want to just post here about my new and somewhat unwilling crush on another girl, but I don't really know what there is to say.  I've posted aboht my previous crush here a lot, and right now this just feels like more of the same. I guess I'm scared of everything going the same way again? Frustration, days being rated in function of this, rejection?
Wanna know an easy solution? Just bee yourself. And stop feeling emotions like love.

Joking aside, I'm trying to say that you shouldn't get too worked up over it. It's not good for your head to be pining for girls constantly. Or at least it wasn't good for my head.
i'm trying to!
i might actually be succeeding, i dont really know for sure. today i didn't, i spent most of today thinking dumb and negative stuff and just played some doom to take my mind off of things.
Dude my boyfriend knew me for like a couple days before he started crushing on me. It worked out pretty well for him.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98978 on: November 17, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »

You sure are projecting your current self onto past events and acting like that's not a faulty approach. The power dynamics at play with teenagers are not the same as the ones at play with young adults are not the same as the ones at play with adults.
I'm pretty sure MZ was miauw's age once. The whole time loop thing notwithstanding.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98979 on: November 17, 2015, 03:59:06 pm »

I thought we already agreed that everyone is Pathos, thus MZ /is/ miauw?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #98980 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:58 pm »

...you do realize we're talking about a lecture
friendly advice from someone who's been there
about how women are people, right? :v
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:08:29 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98981 on: November 17, 2015, 04:05:59 pm »

Not a lecture. Just friendly advice from someone who's been there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98982 on: November 17, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »

As I said, knowing that on an intellectual level doesn't really affect my emotions and doubts and aaaa much.
And as I said, I am somehow able to do this, too.

@Cinder that's fairly reassuring, actually :x
Thanks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #98983 on: November 17, 2015, 05:34:02 pm »

I feel like I'm losing control of myself more and more, like some other person who doesn't want to do anything ever directs my body. Worse still, my dreams for the past several nights have all involved some kind of euthanasia.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98984 on: November 17, 2015, 05:34:52 pm »

It's also worth noting that teen romances (outside of anime) are really frikking confusing. Nobody does anything that makes sense. Hormones run rampant. It is an unrepentant nightmare that I would not wish upon anyone.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6597 6598 [6599] 6600 6601 ... 8167