Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6507 6508 [6509] 6510 6511 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455295 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97620 on: October 01, 2015, 11:46:34 pm »

Sorry for the language, I've been on 4chan a bit more due to the recent upheaval... no offense meant.
I do feel like there's nothing wrong with anonymous boards, is all.  Maybe got too defensive.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97621 on: October 02, 2015, 12:49:59 am »

If I actually posted on 4chin I might say something about how all boards are shit etc. But I don't really know and I don't really care that much. I agree that this forum is basically exactly what people are trying to avoid when's going to those boards, yeah.

For tgstation, our anonymous board (singulo) has made the feedback forums a much nicer place now that the salty permabanned powergamers have someplace to vent and complain. (Not only about coders, I should mention)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97622 on: October 02, 2015, 01:07:26 am »

Internet anonymity brings out the worst in people. As such, the only solution is to have every account on the internet publicly display your full name, address, phone numbers, place of employment or education, and previous sexual partners.

ranty rant
Okay, whatever. Obviously we're not going to come to an agreement any time soon. Feel free to PM me but I'd rather not keep clogging up the thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97623 on: October 02, 2015, 01:23:25 am »

https://youtu.be/yRGNAM2FqlM?list=FLMHI_FsJ5C9Wwa0jChUFx-A
What if your heart is your only home...

Hey hey hey, Alibi, let me shout out your name
There's a ghost, in the arcade
There's a ghost, in the arcade!
Heeeey, Alibi, let me shout out your name!
To explore exactly why
We throw our lives away
No idea what they originally meant by this, but it sure spoke to me 6 years ago and now.
Particularly courting an Alibi.
Romance that was all a lie to satisfy others.  Probably wildly misinterpreting, but that's what happens when a song has no clear meaning yeah?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97624 on: October 02, 2015, 09:47:02 am »

SO I just showed up to an appointment 40 minutes late. Literally ran there, felt super terrible, still feel super terrible. The person it was with was very chill about it and said it was no big deal but I still feel like an absolutely horrible person and I kind of just need to lie in bed and never go outside again. Luckily one of my classes is cancelled so that is an option for the next two hours. Unluckily one of my suitemates is still here and sleeping so I can't yell loudly into a pillow, the number one form of stress relief.

Oh, and then on the way back I saw a girl I know and I totally thought she was from one of my classes and not a student organization I'm in, despite the fact that I've spoken to her multiple times.

Done. Done with today. The only redeeming quality of this day is that I'm meeting some friends to play volleyball tonight. And I don't feel anxious about it, like I do with most social situations.

I wish I had a dog/cat/bunny to cuddle :( Or a stuffed animal. I left all the soft ones at home because I'm an adult male in college and those aren't allowed to cuddle stuffed animals.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97625 on: October 02, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

I sleep with a tiny teddy bear my boyfriend bought me for mah burfday.

Embrace the teddy bear.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97626 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:32 am »

SO I just showed up to an appointment 40 minutes late. Literally ran there, felt super terrible, still feel super terrible. The person it was with was very chill about it and said it was no big deal but I still feel like an absolutely horrible person and I kind of just need to lie in bed and never go outside again. Luckily one of my classes is cancelled so that is an option for the next two hours. Unluckily one of my suitemates is still here and sleeping so I can't yell loudly into a pillow, the number one form of stress relief.

Oh, and then on the way back I saw a girl I know and I totally thought she was from one of my classes and not a student organization I'm in, despite the fact that I've spoken to her multiple times.

Done. Done with today. The only redeeming quality of this day is that I'm meeting some friends to play volleyball tonight. And I don't feel anxious about it, like I do with most social situations.

I wish I had a dog/cat/bunny to cuddle :( Or a stuffed animal. I left all the soft ones at home because I'm an adult male in college and those aren't allowed to cuddle stuffed animals.
You could claim you have it ironically?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97627 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

I don't think anyone cares, and if they do, fuck em. Honestly you'd probably be looked down upon more for claiming irony than for sleeping with a teddy bear. People hate hipsters.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97628 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:09 am »

Considering it's college, go right on ahead. Even if there is someone who would care, I guarantee there is someone more eccentric than you who will get most of the attention.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97629 on: October 02, 2015, 10:11:57 am »

You could claim you have it ironically?
It's okay, I pulled out my Snuggie™ and now I feel better about life.

EDIT: See, I wouldn't mind, but I left them at home and aren't here at college so any cuddly stuffed animals I own are not currently in the same state as me.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97630 on: October 02, 2015, 10:43:03 am »

Have whoever is taking care of them send you one or two?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #97631 on: October 02, 2015, 12:05:53 pm »

This same BS comes up every time, usually from the NRA.  "Its not guns, its the mentally ill!"  "we just need to keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people".  You know what?  Mentally ill people are seen as dangerous but the truth is they're disproportionally victims rather than perpetrators.  Its almost like having a disability makes you vulnerable or something!
NRA does have a point though. More strict gun laws like what the politicians are now pushing aren't a guaranteed solution to something like this ever happening again. Supposedly, the school campus was a gun-free campus, it was already illegal to bring a gun on the campus even for self-defense, much less bring a gun on campus to kill other people. And of course, murdering people is illegal. Did that stop the guy? Obviously not. If a guy wants to do some illegal shit like kill people, any amount of laws probably won't stop him short of physically restricting him. If he can't get a gun, he could use a knife. Or a blunt weapon. Or arson. Or bombs. Or chemicals. Laws can only do so much.

So what we really need is to crack down on he gun regulations we already have
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97632 on: October 02, 2015, 12:23:07 pm »

It's time to face it, I'm a bloody shopaholic. I'm buying books I know I won't read, with money I can't spare - just because they're on sale. :/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:41:02 pm by Il Palazzo »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97633 on: October 02, 2015, 12:31:55 pm »

EDIT: See, I wouldn't mind, but I left them at home and aren't here at college so any cuddly stuffed animals I own are not currently in the same state as me.
I'm sorry, but I just can't take Snuggies seriously. For half the cost I could purchase an XXL bathrobe and wear it backwards, and have built-in pockets! :P

And yeah, nobody cares about what you do once you reach college, because as a rule there is always someone crazier than you and everyone is more interested in themselves and their work/classes/etc. than you. It's a very different world from high school in that way.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97634 on: October 02, 2015, 01:13:55 pm »

I'm sorry, but I just can't take Snuggies seriously. For half the cost I could purchase an XXL bathrobe and wear it backwards, and have built-in pockets! :P

And yeah, nobody cares about what you do once you reach college, because as a rule there is always someone crazier than you and everyone is more interested in themselves and their work/classes/etc. than you. It's a very different world from high school in that way.

I got mine for a few bucks at a thrift store and it was the best purchase of my life. It basically is a bath robe, but that's fine with me. It's so soft and cuddly <3
Pages: 1 ... 6507 6508 [6509] 6510 6511 ... 8167