Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6508 6509 [6510] 6511 6512 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454997 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97635 on: October 02, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »

It's so soft and cuddly <3
These are important qualities. You have chosen wisely.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #97636 on: October 02, 2015, 02:11:18 pm »

I bought a copy of Cities:Skylines due to a recommendation from someone else on this message board which proved to be very misleading
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97637 on: October 02, 2015, 07:54:36 pm »

Download Japa's thing. It makes Cities:Skylines much better by giving you a lot more control over the road heights.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97638 on: October 02, 2015, 08:29:24 pm »

It's not about the roads, it just doesn't seem very engaging or groundbreaking. It starts super slow; you can barely do anything at the beginning of the game and you've got a miniscule area to work with. The gameplay seems to be a direct knockoff of SimCity. There's unnecessary gaps between blocks of zones because they won't mesh together if their connected roads are at even a slightly different angle.

But the biggest issue is that flabort mislead me about about the gameplay implying that non-utility buildings could be directly placed and that utility buildings could develop from zones. So I was really disappointed when it became apparent that it didn't work like that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:48:50 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97639 on: October 02, 2015, 09:51:20 pm »

It's not about the roads, it just doesn't seem very engaging or groundbreaking. It starts super slow; you can barely do anything at the beginning of the game and you've got a miniscule area to work with. The gameplay seems to be a direct knockoff of SimCity. There's unnecessary gaps between blocks of zones because they won't mesh together if their connected roads are at even a slightly different angle.

But the biggest issue is that flabort mislead me about about the gameplay implying that non-utility buildings could be directly placed and that utility buildings could develop from zones. So I was really disappointed when it became apparent that it didn't work like that.
I'm not sure what you mean by small area the area is huge you just have to unlock and by the zones or download the mod that does it immediately. the building thing sounds completely bonkers thought that's not how it works. and it doesn't have to be amazing and groundbreaking its a city builder people just wanted a good city builder that didn't have all the bullshit of simcity.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97640 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:06 pm »

Beginner's Guide: A Game about Games, watched a 40 minute episode, despite the negative criticism towards the game being pretentious, shallow, on the nose and difficult to connect with, I found it to be a tragic look at a lonely depressed game developer with no form of expression apart from fractured game design.  It was haunting, and far too easy to empathize with. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97641 on: October 02, 2015, 10:50:48 pm »

Dad just bought a tv that I know we don't have enough money for. I don't know how much it costed but it's a fucking 50 inch hdtv so i'm gonna guess a shitton of money (like at least 700$)

UUUGH I haaaate it when he gets like this, like his middle class dream is being threatened so he's going to throw money at it damn the consequences

well, I guess he's serious about it, he stopped going out for lunch and started just eating pb&js for lunch so

FUUUUCK, looks like soup and sandwiches for the next month

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97642 on: October 02, 2015, 10:51:40 pm »

It's time to face it, I'm a bloody shopaholic. I'm buying books I know I won't read, with money I can't spare - just because they're on sale. :/
Oh man, I know that feeling. I am a terrible impulsive spender.
I have to last a week from today without spending any money so that I can have funds next weekend... it's gonna be tough. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97643 on: October 02, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by small area the area is huge you just have to unlock and by the zones or download the mod that does it immediately. the building thing sounds completely bonkers thought that's not how it works.

I know that now, but since I was told otherwise by someone that it did work that way it threw me off when it didn't. I was disappointed, because I had bought the game largely on that recommendation.

and it doesn't have to be amazing and groundbreaking its a city builder people just wanted a good city builder that didn't have all the bullshit of simcity.
I assume you mean SimCity 5. And if that's the case why not just stick with SimCity 4? Or even go back to SimCity 2000 for that matter? (actually, now that i've said that last thing I sort of get you ; they haven't made a decent SimCity since SimCity 2000 [except possibly for Destinations, though that required UI modding to be playable])
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:41:51 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97644 on: October 03, 2015, 02:14:26 am »

Maybe you should actually properly research games before you buy them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97645 on: October 03, 2015, 07:39:25 am »

What on Earth are you griping about? It almost sounds like you tried playing the game for five minutes and then decided it would be more rewarding to just complain about it instead.

My only grievance with the game is that the maximum size of a city is limited to nine squares in vanilla, and there are no reliable mods for overcoming that restriction. Ideally, I would want my city to grow and grow endlessly until it covers the entire planet like mould on a rotten orange.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97646 on: October 03, 2015, 08:40:43 am »

I think I played too much Spelunky. I have a headache. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97647 on: October 03, 2015, 10:22:24 am »

Oh god. I stayed up until 4 in the morning playing Dota 2. Then woke up at 7:30. Now I'm helping my mom dig a hole to plant a tree. While sleep deprived. And out of shape. Taking a break.

This must be some kind of atonement for my sins. This is a lite hell. Staying up late at night playing video games is never worth it. Why do I do it. Uuuugh. Feel terrible.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97648 on: October 03, 2015, 10:23:48 am »

Eye test confirmed what I'd worked out myself, my eyes have got worse. I could kind-of manage previously without glassses or contacts, but I can't know.

It's also going to be a hassle to get new contact lenses, because they won't give me them with a contact lense checkup, and I can't have one for ages because I'm only free on weekends and they're booked up for ages.
I might have to rely on wearing glasses, and they... really don't suit me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97649 on: October 03, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »

Up last night until two, almost three in the morning, helping my sister after a fight with her partner. I've been dragging ass all day today.
Slept with my back twisted, so I've been aching and twisted out of shape all day today.
I finally have my first real load of homework this term.
And now my cat puked and I stepped in it as directly as humanly possible. Fuck today. Fuck everything. Fuck my life. Fuck Joffrey. Fuck the king.

I wish they'd quit moving the ladders around outside. Why do the apartments need to be repainted? They looked perfectly fine before, and the buildings that have been repainted thus far look exactly the same as they did before.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:01:43 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6508 6509 [6510] 6511 6512 ... 8167