Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6390 6391 [6392] 6393 6394 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446435 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95865 on: August 01, 2015, 12:31:35 am »

Tiny sad: As it is now August 1st, I no longer have the lease to my old parking space, and have had to move across the street. My life has become mildly less convenient!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95866 on: August 01, 2015, 02:24:53 am »

No, that's a hell of a sad. I hope circumstances permit you to get a new hard drive before classes start.
Nah. I'm taking the excuse to get a proper gaming desktop and get this laptop fixed up so I can hawk it while it still has decent resale value.

But it's really fucking obnoxious. It doesn't freeze up much (now that I've killed pretty much every startup process that isn't essential and stopped my AV stuff from running) as long as I don't do anything more intensive than 1-2 browser tabs or a single Windows Explorer window, but absolutely everything creeps along and I've got to be careful to not open new pages too quickly, double-click on nearly anything, &c. Thankfully I've already finished confirming my loan and scheduling classes, so I won't have to worry much while the new thingy is shipping.

Damn me if I don't have terrible luck with laptops, though. The worst was an HP that fried its own mobo in less than six months for no discernible reason.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95867 on: August 01, 2015, 03:04:38 am »

A lesser man would swear off drinking at this point. I thought that shower would make me feel a lot better, but it didn't help all that much. At least I no longer reek of vomit.

#justdrunkythings
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #95868 on: August 01, 2015, 03:06:33 am »

I think it's safe to say if you're somehow even more of an alcoholic than me it's time to rethink your life.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95869 on: August 01, 2015, 03:53:08 am »

There's a bill in front of me which I could easily pay in 30 seconds.
But I can't be bothered.
I have no idea what's happened but this is a very intriguing experience.
I just slept for fourteen hours and haven't eaten in a day or two this is getting a little out of hand.

Edit: forced myself upon a bowl of cereal, should be 'k.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95870 on: August 01, 2015, 05:36:36 am »

My personal life was okay, then it good complicated, then I split up with my then-girlfriend, then it looked like it was going to be okay, and now the whole thing has been blown wide open. I'm in love like I've been only twice in my life, and the uncertainty is killing me. A proper no I could work with, a proper yes would make me the happiest man on earth, but all the oscillating between yes and no is wrecking me.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:30:54 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95871 on: August 01, 2015, 06:28:16 am »

I think I'm desperate. I've turned over literally every single, non-related person of the opposite gender in my mind. I think I'm experiencing the very late-stage effects of a bad breakup. It took me until now to realize that what I had been telling myself (playing pick-up-the-pieces with the person who lied about me to others, hasn't spoken to me in weeks and most likely cheated on me is my best opportunity to not be single) was pant-on-head retarded, totally untenable, idiotic, all those other things. I don't know why I'm so poor at real-life friendships and relationships, but I am, and I seem to be doomed to flail, wither and die as long as there's not some guiding structure, i.e. school or work.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95872 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:10 am »

I think I'm desperate. I've turned over literally every single, non-related person of the opposite gender in my mind. I think I'm experiencing the very late-stage effects of a bad breakup. It took me until now to realize that what I had been telling myself (playing pick-up-the-pieces with the person who lied about me to others, hasn't spoken to me in weeks and most likely cheated on me is my best opportunity to not be single) was pant-on-head retarded, totally untenable, idiotic, all those other things. I don't know why I'm so poor at real-life friendships and relationships, but I am, and I seem to be doomed to flail, wither and die as long as there's not some guiding structure, i.e. school or work.

I'll be frank: no possible date enjoys melancholy. Since you said you're in the late-stages of a bad breakup, I'm going to assume that you tried very hard but it seems like nothing worked out for you. You're better off relaxing and feeling bad in the comfort of your home than on a date.

Sorry if I came off as blunt or obvious.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95873 on: August 01, 2015, 10:18:04 am »

I don't see what's so bad about being single. Then again, I've only ever been single.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95874 on: August 01, 2015, 10:21:40 am »

I don't see what's so bad about being single. Then again, I've only ever been single.

I want B12 to be entitled "The Wizards' Den".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95875 on: August 01, 2015, 10:27:41 am »

Perhaps being not-single is the secret to being not-sad. Sounds like a fuckton of work, though... making and maintaining friendships is hard enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95876 on: August 01, 2015, 10:28:32 am »

Perhaps being not-single is the secret to being not-sad. Sounds like a fuckton of work, though... making and maintaining friendships is hard enough.
Gee, Yoink, thanks for the motivation to us Singles. :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95877 on: August 01, 2015, 10:33:36 am »

Why be in a relationship when you have animu dolls to forever keep you company.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95878 on: August 01, 2015, 10:38:23 am »

Perhaps being not-single is the secret to being not-discontent.
FTFY.

Also I'm sad about last-post-on-page lack of awareness :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95879 on: August 01, 2015, 10:41:12 am »

I saw it, there's just not much I can say. I'm probably not asexual, but I don't really care about my relationship status, so...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6390 6391 [6392] 6393 6394 ... 8167