Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6391 6392 [6393] 6394 6395 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9444187 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95880 on: August 01, 2015, 10:42:28 am »

Personally I dislike people in real life.  I've had relationships before but have never wanted to carry them on because the whole 'partner' thing exhausts me and gets annoying really quick.  Hell even going out for drinks with friends is such  a fucking chore, much rather chop wood in the forest for winter, fish and just generally be alone outside than anything to do with people.   Suppose I am strange here though.

What makes me sad is I am being _forced_ to go to a family member's wedding and an old partner has decided to go with me.  Not sure if I should tell em I'd rather go alone, but either way the event with a lot of people is gonna drive me so I'm not sure if appearing normal and having a date would make my time worse or just keep it at the same level of annoyance...
Nom nom nom

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95881 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:40 am »

I'm ok with my not single status.
I have a girlfriend that laughs at retarded things and plays vidja games, though, so I'm specially blessed in this regard.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95882 on: August 01, 2015, 10:52:44 am »

I imagine I'd make a pretty terrible romantic partner. It's probably for the best that I am far too shy to flirt. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95883 on: August 01, 2015, 11:09:36 am »

Then you must be awesome in bed: If the two coincided, mankind as a whole would be much happier.

On a related note, I'm currently making a terrible romantic partner. Get him while he's hot, ladies!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95884 on: August 01, 2015, 11:41:47 am »

Personally I dislike people in real life.  I've had relationships before but have never wanted to carry them on because the whole 'partner' thing exhausts me and gets annoying really quick.  Hell even going out for drinks with friends is such  a fucking chore, much rather chop wood in the forest for winter, fish and just generally be alone outside than anything to do with people.   Suppose I am strange here though.

What makes me sad is I am being _forced_ to go to a family member's wedding and an old partner has decided to go with me.  Not sure if I should tell em I'd rather go alone, but either way the event with a lot of people is gonna drive me so I'm not sure if appearing normal and having a date would make my time worse or just keep it at the same level of annoyance...
That sounds more or less like classic introversion. Not (necessarily) shy or socially inept, just gets really tired of having to stick around people IRL.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95885 on: August 01, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

Yeah pretty much, I work in customer support nights and a store front clerk during the day so I am anything but shy or inept, but once the days done I don't have the patience for any 'casual' people interaction.  Working the store is nice though cause I can wander about these forums and complain while no one is buying anything like right now hahah
Nom nom nom

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95886 on: August 01, 2015, 12:14:21 pm »

meanwhile i've got like 4 different people in various stages of a relationship/friend/FWB line

hum

I'd loan you some of them but most of them are dude so
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95887 on: August 01, 2015, 12:17:52 pm »

If you'll notice I referred to them as partner each time.  gender/attachments/ect don't matter to me in the slightest ha.

Regardless I'd probably go insane if I had a setup like you, at least provided any of them require any maintenance at all.

On a different note I finished the walking dead 1 game last night and got all choked up at the end.  Was sadder than I was scared the entire game... good game but a lot less scary than I expected to be honest, just really sad.
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95888 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:11 pm »

Yeah pretty much, I work in customer support nights and a store front clerk during the day so I am anything but shy or inept, but once the days done I don't have the patience for any 'casual' people interaction.  Working the store is nice though cause I can wander about these forums and complain while no one is buying anything like right now hahah
That would do it...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95889 on: August 01, 2015, 01:19:58 pm »

I'll be frank: no possible date enjoys melancholy. Since you said you're in the late-stages of a bad breakup, I'm going to assume that you tried very hard but it seems like nothing worked out for you. You're better off relaxing and feeling bad in the comfort of your home than on a date.

Sorry if I came off as blunt or obvious.

Nah. The best advice is blunt, obvious, strikes too close to home or something like that, because it should make you feel uncomfortable and want to change something about yourself or your behavior.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #95890 on: August 01, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »

Perhaps being not-single is the secret to being not-sad. Sounds like a fuckton of work, though... making and maintaining friendships is hard enough.

Why be in a relationship when you have animu dolls to forever keep you company.

Or you could be like Gunner-chan and have anime figures/dolls AND be in a relationship. Best of both worlds.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #95891 on: August 01, 2015, 01:53:51 pm »

Hey, Owlga, how would you feel if Gunnar-chan had an anime doll replica of you made?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95892 on: August 01, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »

Gunnar-chan
...heh, I'm imagining a hulking Viking with animu eyes now. Thanks Fniffbama.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95893 on: August 01, 2015, 02:01:17 pm »

Perhaps being not-single is the secret to being not-sad. Sounds like a fuckton of work, though... making and maintaining friendships is hard enough.

Why be in a relationship when you have animu dolls to forever keep you company.

Or you could be like Gunner-chan and have anime figures/dolls AND be in a relationship. Best of both worlds.
THE JEALOUSY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #95894 on: August 01, 2015, 02:02:11 pm »

Gunnar-chan
...heh, I'm imagining a hulking Viking with animu eyes now. Thanks Fniffbama.
"I'm sending you to Valhalla, Irish-Monk-Baka... But that doesn't mean I like you or anything!"
Pages: 1 ... 6391 6392 [6393] 6394 6395 ... 8167