Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6382 6383 [6384] 6385 6386 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439600 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95745 on: July 30, 2015, 08:42:01 am »

remember kids, too much wanking will make you sick.
Psshaw. I choose to believe that wanking cures all sicknesses.

It cycles out the old body fluids.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95746 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:20 am »

I'm doing a project management (software design - games) class, with a group project that goes a few months. One guy in the group who has an important role keeps ignoring the documentation we produce, makes his own conflicting documentation for the same thing (without reading the existing file in the same share folder), and then makes a third version of the final asset which contradicts both his and my versions of the app-flowchart, and has additional undocumented features that he just thought up on the spot, and would require us to generate a whole pile of assets we never planned for.

The guy's a total dickwad and I would never hire him, he's the type of guy that rejects everyone elses ideas in a smug way, yet he can't do shit himself. Pretty much I mention some game idea and he's constantly yelling that it would never work, yet they're usually ideas that are making a ton of money in the real world. So because they're not the exact game he would buy, he rejects the idea that anyone else might like it. And it's not like a discussion, it's literally you say "a game with dwarves mining into the earth might be fun" and he's screaming how it's a terrible idea within two seconds and won't let you get another word in.

He's the most stuck in his ways guy I've ever met who wants to be a game designer. Totally blinkered vision and no imagination / seeing outside the box. He's the kind of person who hears you say something he hadn't heard before and tries to shut you down: "no no no that can't be true your wrong" and you have to google it to show him it's real. I had this happen 4 times in 10 minutes in the first team meeting. People who have zero imagination and zero ability to process new ideas are really tiring to talk to. Hell the guys not even any good at coding or art. So he sucks at art, coding and game design, doesn't get the "team player" thing, and is an annoying argumentative person. A great catch for any future game company.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:31:20 am by Reelya »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95747 on: July 30, 2015, 09:48:54 am »

I'm distraught. Sure, it's my fault some gundams fell down. Nothing a bunch of epoxy and playing hide and seek can't fix. My bro is flipped out.

I ASSEMBLED MOST OF THESE SHITS. I KNOW HOW TO PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER. SHUT THE FUCK UP. You can't even finish a project halfway until I take over it. Even when I'm not feeling so good about doing these things because my mind is busy thinking, and you can't halfass it. I did my best, I reassembled them from broken, torn apart appearances.

A FUCKING THIEF BROKE IN AND I HAD TO RELOCATE THINGS. WHY WEREN'T YOU SO CAREFUL? I WAS BEING HURRIED. AND THEN YOU GET A KNIFE OUT OF SPITE AND HOPE TO STAB ME BECAUSE IT'S YOUR MONEY THAT BOUGHT THESE POLYESTER SHITS.

I'm way more than offended. I'll fix these things that you love so much and get out of here and your nose forever. I may not be able to survive alone, but I might as well die trying.

fuck you
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95748 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47:53 am »

I have some seriously unhealthy mental issues, but I'm too afraid to talk to anybody about them.
Talk to people who can help ya over there then :) Psychology! \o/ [ie friends or otherwise understanding folk]
I wish there were was somebody I felt comfortable talking to about this, but there isn't 
Opposite problem. I tell my deepdarks to people who I probably shouldn't trust as much. Good friends, but not close enough.
I've been burned many times by it, but it's instinctual now. I open up so easily (except for secrets I believe could truly hurt me if spilled).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95749 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:12 am »

I have some seriously unhealthy mental issues, but I'm too afraid to talk to anybody about them.
Talk to people who can help ya over there then :) Psychology! \o/ [ie friends or otherwise understanding folk]
I wish there were was somebody I felt comfortable talking to about this, but there isn't 
Opposite problem. I tell my deepdarks to people who I probably shouldn't trust as much. Good friends, but not close enough.
I've been burned many times by it, but it's instinctual now. I open up so easily (except for secrets I believe could truly hurt me if spilled).

Also my flaw. I tend to tell a lot of people about my personal life... provided they're people I don't know that much or people I face on reality.

Little do I realize that said people are also people I develop relationships with, which can jeopardize a large section of my life.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95750 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:13 am »

Ha, you pretty much summed it up right there.
Except I can think of plenty of reasons to be sad- just none more than usual.
Sounds like hormones or some chemical(s) in your brain deciding to be more prevalent than they should be.

Men do have a hormonal cycle that affects their mood. Just a little less obvious than women's because we don't have crotch bleeding alongside it.
Not necessarily more. I just finished reading a paper for my internship today, it was focused on a link between stress and neuropsychiatric disorders and one thing that stood out was that in biopsies of major depressives, a lowered amount of glutamate is found, and the same kind of changes is induced by chronic stress. Oddly, acute stress works completely opposite.

So, what I got from this is if I feel sad, I should do PCP. Sounds about reasonable.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95751 on: July 30, 2015, 11:48:48 am »

if I feel sad, I should do PCP.

instructions clear, now chewing off faces in florida

thank you doctor scrdoot

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95752 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:26 pm »

Ha, you pretty much summed it up right there.
Except I can think of plenty of reasons to be sad- just none more than usual.
Sounds like hormones or some chemical(s) in your brain deciding to be more prevalent than they should be.

Men do have a hormonal cycle that affects their mood. Just a little less obvious than women's because we don't have crotch bleeding alongside it.
Not necessarily more. I just finished reading a paper for my internship today, it was focused on a link between stress and neuropsychiatric disorders and one thing that stood out was that in biopsies of major depressives, a lowered amount of glutamate is found, and the same kind of changes is induced by chronic stress. Oddly, acute stress works completely opposite.

So, what I got from this is if I feel sad, I should do PCP. Sounds about reasonable.

It worked for Tails.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95753 on: July 30, 2015, 12:39:16 pm »

That's why we always advocate cake in the end. Its sticks and cupcakes in one whole batch! :I
... What kind of cake are you making that you have sticks in it?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95754 on: July 30, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

Switch out PCP for Ketamine (which works in a similar way, but with less face-chewing), and you're at the cutting edge of pharmacological research.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95755 on: July 30, 2015, 01:30:05 pm »

Switch out PCP for Ketamine (which works in a similar way, but with less face-chewing), and you're at the cutting edge of pharmacological research.
It would also make the joke markedly less funny.

By the way, it's more befitting the WTF thread, but Ketamine-addled mice are interesting to watch. Aside from the creeping awareness that you've just seen a living thing get a lethal injection, I mean.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95756 on: July 30, 2015, 01:31:12 pm »

Oh yeah something which happened ages ago but was a bit too negative so I didn't mention it.
Uh, the person I work for died and because they were the only person pushing for our department, the head office shut it down, putting us all out of work scuttling to pick up the sick-shifts from other departments.

On a bright note, I'm planning to go talk to head office and see if I can get the department reinstated.
But it's a distant hope.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95757 on: July 30, 2015, 01:53:00 pm »

By the way, it's more befitting the WTF thread, but Ketamine-addled mice are interesting to watch. Aside from the creeping awareness that you've just seen a living thing get a lethal injection, I mean.

Don't worry, scrdest. The mice will reveal their true forms eventually, and humanity will be long gone then.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95758 on: July 30, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »

Don't worry, scrdest. The mice will reveal their true forms eventually, and humanity will be long gone then.
Not when they are hallucinating they can walk through plastic, they won't!

Oda

• Bay Watcher
  • Misery used Lurk! It was super-effective!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95759 on: July 30, 2015, 04:40:11 pm »

Maybe you should send them a letter? I know, that sounds really optimistic, but it can't hurt, right?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:45:06 pm by Oda »
Hi! Feel free to talk to me, I don't bite often.
Pages: 1 ... 6382 6383 [6384] 6385 6386 ... 8167