Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6317 6318 [6319] 6320 6321 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448546 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94770 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »

I think disorganized religion is much worse. If you think about it, the more decentralized a religion is, the more likely is that some local branch will start a holy war independently of the rest.
Yeah, small disorganized holy wars.
Then again, most of the western religions are pretty decentralized, and they're all way too placid.
Maybe Rome should just nix the seperation between church and state, and start arming the templar.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94771 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:27 pm »

By that criteria, most organized religion is a "problem", whatever that means. Not saying those opinions aren't toxic, just that you shouldn't throw the baby out with the rancid bathwater.
There's definitely some problems specific to Islam though. The other Abrahamic religions share largely similar texts but you don't see so many Jewish or Christian religiously-motivated terror attacks going on.

Not in the modern world at any rate. There was plenty of Christian tyranny in the middle ages, and most of the old testament is about Jwwish religiously motivated terror attacks.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94772 on: June 29, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »

By that criteria, most organized religion is a "problem", whatever that means. Not saying those opinions aren't toxic, just that you shouldn't throw the baby out with the rancid bathwater.
There's definitely some problems specific to Islam though. The other Abrahamic religions share largely similar texts but you don't see so many Jewish or Christian religiously-motivated terror attacks going on.

Not in the modern world at any rate. There was plenty of Christian tyranny in the middle ages, and most of the old testament is about Jwwish religiously motivated terror attacks.
Not just old; Judas and Simon of the top of my head were literally part of Jewish terrorist organizations.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94773 on: June 29, 2015, 06:52:01 pm »

Parents want me to stop using my trusty faithful ole iPad and switch to using my sister's mini.
Because the screen is cracked and the "radiation is dangerous".
hahaha oh wow that's stupid I'm sorry you gotta put up with that. If radiation from screens is a problem I doubt a cracked screen will make a difference. Either way if you use an iPad or a mini you'll get duh cancer causing rads, cracked screen or not cracked screen. Assuming the whole "technology causes radiation which causes cancer" is still a thing and not a debunked myth.

Also, today's crossfit was way too intense. I feel like I am going to die.
And my dad's talking about how I have a manly broad back and wants me to increase my weight in muscle and dysphoooria :c
The feeling like you're dying thing is a good thing and you'll get over it. It means you got exercise and now you're slightly more in shape and shit.

As for the whole manly back thing, uh...I hear people find muscly fit girls attractive. So, like, you could have that going for you in the future. I guess. Shit I'm not good at talking with people about gender and stuff sorry.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94774 on: June 29, 2015, 11:18:09 pm »

As for the whole manly back thing, uh...I hear people find muscly fit girls attractive. So, like, you could have that going for you in the future. I guess. Shit I'm not good at talking with people about gender and stuff sorry.
I mean, I do. Whether muscley or squish, big girls are <3

That said, I am from Canada, and we need all hands on deck for when Winter arrives. Batten down the hatches, barricade the windows and doors, and when the crop fails, we need our reserves of bubble butts to survive!

* Descan may be a wee bit drunk.

still, muscley girls are <3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94775 on: June 29, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »

You could try to explain that standing next to another person gives you much more radiation (still a negligible amount) than an iPad, though I doubt it would persuade your parents, from what I've learned of their sanity from your posts.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #94776 on: June 29, 2015, 11:31:36 pm »

I mean, I do. Whether muscley or squish, big girls are <3

That said, I am from Canada, and we need all hands on deck for when Winter arrives. Batten down the hatches, barricade the windows and doors, and when the crop fails, we need our reserves of bubble butts to survive!

* Descan may be a wee bit drunk.

still, muscley girls are <3

But aren't you gay? :/
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94777 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:06 pm »

Yesterday I kept track of how many calories I consumed. It came out between 2100-2500. And that was an average day, food-wise. Man I need to start cutting back.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94778 on: June 29, 2015, 11:58:56 pm »

Yesterday I kept track of how many calories I consumed. It came out between 2100-2500. And that was an average day, food-wise. Man I need to start cutting back.
That's a pretty decent amount if you're not a potato rooted in place.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #94779 on: June 30, 2015, 12:13:36 am »

That's a pretty decent amount if you're not a potato rooted in place.
The recommended daily range for men is 2500-3000 per day, IIRC. The "2000 a day" featured on FDA-mandated nutrition labels is seemingly aimed at women and/or fat people.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94780 on: June 30, 2015, 02:33:59 am »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94781 on: June 30, 2015, 03:09:35 am »

You could try to explain that standing next to another person gives you much more radiation (still a negligible amount) than an iPad, though I doubt it would persuade your parents, from what I've learned of their sanity from your posts.
I really doubt anyone who thinks a cracked screen gives off "radiation" would accept that explanation.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94782 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:42 am »

I really doubt anyone who thinks a cracked screen gives off "radiation" would accept that explanation.
At least it's not 'toxins'...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94783 on: June 30, 2015, 03:17:53 am »

TOXINS ON FIRE

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94784 on: June 30, 2015, 03:19:12 am »

TOXINS ON FIRE
AI ROUGE! CHAPLIN IS TATER!
Pages: 1 ... 6317 6318 [6319] 6320 6321 ... 8167