Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6294 6295 [6296] 6297 6298 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462818 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94425 on: June 22, 2015, 03:50:02 am »

Intentional I guess. Basically show the idiots what the hell they're so cheerful and jokey about.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94426 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:01 am »

I'm eating some breakfast out before work, and already my mind is wandering too much. I don't even know what this is supposed to solve...

Why does this keep happening? I can't just magic up a stop to the stuff on my mind.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94427 on: June 22, 2015, 10:10:44 am »

I misread my schedule. Turns out my morning class is actually 3 hours.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94428 on: June 22, 2015, 10:36:29 am »

I loved those 3-hour classes. Gave you time to really get into some good long discussions. As long as you had a base of students willing to talk. Nothing worse than a discussion-based class with a bunch of undergrads who were too scared or apathetic to say anything.

I'm sad that we don't have the rage thread anymore because I just spent an hour dealing with my dental insurance company, their take-it-out-back-and-shoot-it voice menu system and their Kafkaesque claims system. I need to KILL something.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94429 on: June 22, 2015, 11:51:51 am »

I'm sad that we don't have the rage thread anymore because I just spent an hour dealing with my dental insurance company, their take-it-out-back-and-shoot-it voice menu system and their Kafkaesque claims system. I need to KILL something.
Video games. Doom is always a good choice for unwinding.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94430 on: June 22, 2015, 02:04:24 pm »

-snip-
Isn't it well known that McD's attracts weirdos like a nubile slave boy smeared in honey?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94431 on: June 22, 2015, 02:14:59 pm »

Mickey Dee's is a writhing cesspool of scum and villainy, which is why I refuse to work and/or eat there. The last time I even entered aMcDonald's was because I had to use the bathroom, and then I had to order a $2 crappy sandwich just to do so.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #94432 on: June 22, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »

I have had the most fan-fucking-tastic night. It started with me reading a creepy pasta in my bed, if you know me then you will know that I don't deal well with even slightly scary things and so reading one as night was falling was a shit idea. I went to bed at about 9:00PM but couldn't get to sleep for about 2 hours for thinking of all the horrible ways I could die. I then woke up at 1:00AM with diarrhea. And that was wonderful. The next hour was spent on a cold toilet with a book. It was a good book though a fact I can tell you as I was unable to get back to sleep and just read for the next four hours. It is now five in the morning and I have gotten barely any sleep and i do not deal well without sleep.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94433 on: June 22, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »

I'm beginning to suspect I'm incapable of feeling love.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94434 on: June 22, 2015, 02:32:53 pm »

you're just the doofuslord kind of donk who rejects people because they're not in meatspace while being well aware nobody exists in your nearby meatspace that is compatible

literally thanks cinder

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94435 on: June 22, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »

That's a possibility. It could also be that you've never found someone you can feel love for. Knowing you, I think you need to lower your standards a little and date someone you know is flawed in some way. Part of love is recognizing someone's flaws, dealing with them, and being okay with or even loving their flaws.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94436 on: June 22, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

Do you care about your parents, family, or friends? If so you can probably feel love.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94437 on: June 22, 2015, 05:57:14 pm »

Do you care about your parents, family, or friends? If so you can probably feel love.
Yeah, but that's different though. I can feel platonic love just fine, but apparently when it comes to romantic feelings it's just illogical.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94438 on: June 22, 2015, 07:07:51 pm »

Neighbour is in hospital. I don't know him that well, but the my mom, the landlady, and many of their friends do.

He's got diabetes, and it's gotten really bad. He went in a week or two ago, and they found that he had incredibly low blood sugar. He is currently on dialysis, and they think he may have to stay on it for the rest of his life. He's apparently at stage 5, but I don't know what that means.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94439 on: June 22, 2015, 07:24:34 pm »

Yeah, but that's different though. I can feel platonic love just fine, but apparently when it comes to romantic feelings it's just illogical.
Maybe you're aromantic? That's a thing.

Neighbour is in hospital. I don't know him that well, but the my mom, the landlady, and many of their friends do.

He's got diabetes, and it's gotten really bad. He went in a week or two ago, and they found that he had incredibly low blood sugar. He is currently on dialysis, and they think he may have to stay on it for the rest of his life. He's apparently at stage 5, but I don't know what that means.
Best of luck to him, may he hopefully recover. That's gotta suck, to say the least.
Pages: 1 ... 6294 6295 [6296] 6297 6298 ... 8167