Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6112 6113 [6114] 6115 6116 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9479921 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91695 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:05 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:14:58 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #91696 on: April 13, 2015, 05:14:52 pm »

-snip-

Ouch, that sucks. I know because I've been in a similar place. Don't worry too much though, I worked my way out of it and am doing pretty well now, and I'm certain you can too. It's cliched to say, but it does get better.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #91697 on: April 13, 2015, 05:16:33 pm »

Had an extremely unpleasant, out-of-nowhere brutal dream last night, and I'm having a hard time shaking it off.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91698 on: April 13, 2015, 05:49:35 pm »

I took my pill, without eating like I'm supposed to, and my stomach feels like it's being torn apart.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:48:34 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91699 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:38 pm »

You are going to make a exam of some sort that requires it?
In a time before time, I had a name.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91700 on: April 13, 2015, 06:50:13 pm »

No, no, I just worded that badly. I'm supposed to eat food in addition to taking the pill, which I didn't do, and I'm starting to regret such a decision.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91701 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »

I'm starting to run out of things I can enjoy with people without getting sidelined or attacked.

Why

why always me!?!?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91702 on: April 13, 2015, 08:14:19 pm »

I'm starting to run out of things I can enjoy with people without getting sidelined or attacked.

Why

why always me!?!?
So, wait, you're either made unable to participate (sidelined) or attacked (which I presume means attacked).

Find new things to do with people? Or do the same things you've been doing but with new people? Or do things without people?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91703 on: April 13, 2015, 08:28:48 pm »

After seeing what GTAV gave me on Normal Quality I have learned that its time to upgrade again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91704 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »

Those Blackwater employees apparently copped life in prison. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91705 on: April 13, 2015, 10:18:20 pm »

Yeah, normally I'm against the death penalty, but I support it for people who work for Blackwater (not just these guys; everyone who works for Blackwater)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91706 on: April 13, 2015, 10:21:50 pm »

Yeah, normally I'm against the death penalty, but I support it for people who work for Blackwater (not just these guys; everyone who works for Blackwater)
What? No, my sad was that they received such a hefty charge. >.>
I really should have worded that more clearly. Also apparently the company is now called 'Academi' and is under new ownership.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91707 on: April 13, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »

I'm not exactly happy about anybody suffering a life prison sentence, but it's better than the death penalty, and a lot better than if no justice were served at all. Incidentally, only one actually got life - the others got 30 years, and they're all young enough that there's a good chance they'll see the end of it, especially with the inevitability of parole hearings and so on and so forth. I guess my opinion on that will depend on theirs on release. If they maintain they've done nothing wrong at that point, as I expect them to do, then I guess the justice system will have failed anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and I blew up another Kali install trying to do something stupid. We all knew this was a risk. Thank god for virtual machines, though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:07:20 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91708 on: April 13, 2015, 11:09:21 pm »

Erm...
What's Blackwater?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91709 on: April 13, 2015, 11:11:13 pm »

Just to clarify, I was being facetious before. I don't actually support killing everyone who works for Blackwater or even these guys, but I do have extreme contempt for the United States' involvement in Iraq
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6112 6113 [6114] 6115 6116 ... 8167