Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6114 6115 [6116] 6117 6118 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477138 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91725 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:54 am »

Never had an issue with needles. Before my first inoculation my dad told me they were almost painless because of how sharp they were; Surprisingly it calmed me and the calm lasted. It wasn't my first encounter by a long shot as being born very premature meant lots of blood samples as a newborn (so many they collapsed one of my veins).

Sad because while I am finally sorting out dysfunctional areas of my life it somehow seems pointless. Feel like I'll never approach functional in some important areas. At the same time I'm quite pleased with those changes which have stuck even if they created some daunting perspective on others to come.

Also I'm failing to maintain a healthy weight after cutting most junk food out of my diet. Oh how I miss those easy calories. Going to have to take a more detailed look at what I eat and put more effort into not skipping meals.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #91726 on: April 14, 2015, 05:03:16 am »

Today is turning into a pisstake, I swear.

Alarm goes off late (usually the thing goes off early) so I have to skip breakfast and such, drive to the work program I'm on ('Clearly you don't jobsearch at home so you have to jobsearch here once a week!'), have a few near misses and get stuck behind people that think you should do 40 on a 70 road, 20 on a 30 etc., get to the place and there's no obvious sign that it's anywhere, go home, my mum interrogates me about what I did to find it, phone them, turns out that the reason I missed it is because it's got no signs up on the building or anything and is above a shop. They ask me to email my jobsearch to them. I need to upload my CV to the universal jobmatch website, so I stick it on a USB and go to put it on the computer upstairs. Program I don't recognise on the USB, so I go to google just to b safe. Lolno, need to reset the router. Router takes three times as long as usual to start working again, program is something Windows 7 just sticks on USBs for some reason or other. Stick CV on the USB and stick it in this computer. The computer refuses to acknowledge it exists and it says it needs drivers. Tell it to look online, 'No drivers!'.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

EDIT: Apparently the computer refuses to acknowledge that ANYTHING is plugged into the USB slots.

EDIT2: OK, so I've downloaded the drivers, and apparently I don't meet the minimum system requirements. I have NO FUCKING CLUE what these are. I downloaded it for the right OS, it's the right motherboard and everything, but apparently that's not enough. It needs some extra magical FUCKING thing to pissing well work.

Can you email your CV to yourself?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91727 on: April 14, 2015, 06:55:53 am »

Hah. Psychiatrists
I saw a doctor about getting a therapist and they were like 'Absolutely! After talking to you for a bit I think it'll do you some good.
First, we'll just get you to go in for a blood test so that we can see if there's any physiological reason for your problem'.

Still haven't gone back.
What's the problem? There's lots of mental illnesses that can have physiological reasons, depression for example can be caused by hyperthyroidism. And physiological illnesses are usually /much/ easier to treat than mental ones. That doctor acting in any different manner would've been highly unprofessional and indeed outright dangerous to his patient - you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91728 on: April 14, 2015, 06:58:00 am »

But remember, it's your own noble words:
shoving needles in one's crotch is something best left to the truly desperate.
I would hate to have a needle going trough me.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91729 on: April 14, 2015, 06:59:49 am »

One needle prick is not outweighed by an entire lifetime free of possibly crippling mental illness? You must have a damn bad phobia.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91730 on: April 14, 2015, 07:03:54 am »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:35:50 pm by penguinofhonor »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91731 on: April 14, 2015, 07:09:20 am »

See, it's all a conspiracy!
The lizard people are orchestrating the vaccines to keep the sheep unaware, can't you see the obvious!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91732 on: April 14, 2015, 07:13:46 am »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:35:55 pm by penguinofhonor »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91733 on: April 14, 2015, 07:15:14 am »

I got pneumonia, I can assure you the pain lasts at least a day.
I had trouble walking back home and had to take multiple shots for almost a month.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91734 on: April 14, 2015, 07:21:29 am »

Hah. Psychiatrists
I saw a doctor about getting a therapist and they were like 'Absolutely! After talking to you for a bit I think it'll do you some good.
First, we'll just get you to go in for a blood test so that we can see if there's any physiological reason for your problem'.

Still haven't gone back.
What's the problem? There's lots of mental illnesses that can have physiological reasons, depression for example can be caused by hyperthyroidism. And physiological illnesses are usually /much/ easier to treat than mental ones. That doctor acting in any different manner would've been highly unprofessional and indeed outright dangerous to his patient - you.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, Tack. Your psyche and body is connected, your psyche is part of your body. A thorough look at your blood values is definitely part of the psychiatric groundwork. If you just want psychological therapy then you should see a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists deal with the psyko-chemical stuff.
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91735 on: April 14, 2015, 07:29:47 am »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:49:41 am by penguinofhonor »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91736 on: April 14, 2015, 07:33:36 am »

General rule:
Psychologists are the people who talk with you to make you feel better.
Psychiatrists are the people who prescribe pills that make you feel better.
The Bay12 postcard club

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91737 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:38 am »

Yeah, your body is ridiculously interconnected. They've found even gut bacteria have effects on your mood and psychology. Those aren't even technically part of you.
To elaborate on that, an excess of certain gut bacteria (chlostridium, IIRC) has been linked to regressive autism

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91738 on: April 14, 2015, 07:36:26 am »

Does that bacteria come from vaccines?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91739 on: April 14, 2015, 07:39:34 am »

Hah. Psychiatrists

Still haven't gone back.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, Tack. Your psyche and body is connected, your psyche is part of your body. A thorough look at your blood values is definitely part of the psychiatric groundwork. If you just want psychological therapy then you should see a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists deal with the psyko-chemical stuff.
I haven't gone back because I couldn't be fucked.
I understand the need to get a blood test. I just don't like the idea of a doctor who doesn't brush me off. It's unnatural.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6114 6115 [6116] 6117 6118 ... 8167