Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6004 6005 [6006] 6007 6008 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431853 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90075 on: March 14, 2015, 03:09:43 pm »

I've been travelling nonstop to and forth during the last three days. I'm broken.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90076 on: March 14, 2015, 03:55:05 pm »

Everyone has some justification in their head behind what they do. I remember a lecture from last year (the prof is a Holocaust survivor) on how evil is actually very banal. Like, the worst of it comes from "just following orders," "it's standard procedure," "the chart says do this, don't worry about those people," and such things. I'm probably mangling it considerably, groggy as I am...
It's a Hannah Arendt thing: The Banality of Evil.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90077 on: March 14, 2015, 03:56:17 pm »

It's OK. It's not like my heart was already leaking tears after the latest XKCD.

One instance of racism as far as I'm aware, but it's from 4chan, so what do you expect?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Help why is my face leaking. ;_;
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90078 on: March 14, 2015, 04:10:46 pm »

Removing the tear ducts would make it worse. Tears come from...eh...lammella glands (something like that. Some form of gland.) above your eyes, not below. The tear ducts act as drainage and dump the tears into the back of your throat. When there are more tears than tear-ducts can cope with, we cry.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90079 on: March 14, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »

I think you're overcomplicating things a little. It's 7AM and I am sad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90080 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:22 pm »

* Arx brandishes scalpel

I can expand your tear ducts if you like! :D

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #90081 on: March 14, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »

I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

I tried to do a ton of pro bono work; I got screwed.
I tred to give people ways out of bad behavior.
I tried to put forth simplified, well supported logical arguments....

I try to be constructive and I think I like game art:

It just, I don't know. I feel like no matter what I do, I piss somebody off. I don't get it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #90082 on: March 14, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »

Ever try explaining what context is to someone, only to have them not understand it at all, and immediately afterwards, they explain the same exact thing to you in return (pretty much a carbon-copy of what was said, and trying to educate you on what context is); and you respond that that was exactly what you said/explained a moment ago, and they still don't get it somehow, despite the fact they said it a moment ago?

Apparently, no matter who I talk to face to face, every conversation I have ends up like this (even with siblings; and yes, to even observe it more directly, and try and explain such things to them (and to also take notes, myself); context was the main subject being discussed). Apparently when I speak English, I'm not speaking English, and this happens all the time.

I kinda wish I was psychic, so I can observe how others hear and see me. It's kinda like, the way I see myself is not the same way others see me. I can be carrying myself with confidence, although I spent a good few hours wearing myself down doing yard work or something, and everyone else instead sees a defeated person just wanting to end the day, because they're a lazy sack of crap; ignoring the fact that the yard looks magnitudes better, all because of the "defeated lazy sack of crap".

I wonder if my existence has a translation bug with it or something. Because even when I'm a benevolent person, I'm an asshole. I'd like that to be reserved for when I'm a parent, thank you very much; and the perception being from my own kids.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90083 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:37 pm »

Yes, I can absolutely relate to this. Entirely and completely.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90084 on: March 14, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »

Life seems too painful. Just feels like there's nothing here for me, at all. There never was.
Then something for you must be built! Carve some beauty out of the cosmos! Do awesome things, befriend awesome people, make awesome stuff. The past is an eternal shithole, sure, but the future is all manner of crazy things, and the present is the world's most convoluted bridge from one to the other.

Now, finding the motivation to do all that, I dunno about. That's a stumper. And the how, who knows? Whatever you need, you need. I think figuring it out is something you can do, though.

I've been travelling nonstop to and forth during the last three days. I'm broken.
Is there any end in sight? That is a lot of travel, and exhausting. I hope you're able to get some rest soon.

Yes, communication is hard. People're... really bad at being consistent in what they say, and what they do. I, myself, am a reclusive shut-in despite an almost comical amount of rambling about experiencing the world. Still, it takes a special kind of blindness to pull off what you've described, but it's definitely a thing I've encountered. Shit sucks, yo. May awareness be a more common thing in coming years.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:40:20 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90085 on: March 14, 2015, 05:39:32 pm »

Is there any end in sight? That is a lot of travel, and exhausting. I hope you're able to get some rest soon.
Yeah, this week I dont have any more stuff... I think. Probably. So relative-rest...

It was a big opportunity. Particularily the thursday-friday one. But whoah.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90086 on: March 14, 2015, 06:00:12 pm »

yay

stress-induced illness

* Orange Wizard groggily waves his arms.

at least i'm alive
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90087 on: March 14, 2015, 06:03:04 pm »

Why is everybody getting sick? My school is coming down with illness.

It's Spring, dammit! Isn't it meant to be healthier?!?!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90088 on: March 14, 2015, 06:18:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Child. Abuse.

Please don't quote me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90089 on: March 14, 2015, 06:19:27 pm »

it's sodding winter you northern hemisphereian heretic
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6004 6005 [6006] 6007 6008 ... 8167