Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5981 5982 [5983] 5984 5985 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439423 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89730 on: March 08, 2015, 06:44:20 pm »

Flippin' 'eck. So much coursework. So many distractions.  :-\
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89731 on: March 08, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »

In retrospect, I probably should've deboned that salmon before scrambling into those eggs and potatoes. Oh well, that's what I get for eating flesh, I s'pose. Crunch crunch crunch!

EDIT: Also, it is unreasonably difficult to make myself do coursework when I know I'm caught up through the next two weeks (one of which is a break). But I know that if I don't do it now, it ain't gonna get done. Urble.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:31:39 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #89732 on: March 08, 2015, 07:29:35 pm »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89733 on: March 08, 2015, 08:03:40 pm »

Did an exam while depressed.

I'm going to fail...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89734 on: March 08, 2015, 08:03:57 pm »

If it's any consideration, I check the Bay12 forum almost daily by sheer habit. However, I also have almost nothing to say, nor the time to say it. I'm assuming that my life won't slow down for at least a decade, if I don't stop myself. This is being a young adult now...
That's a measure of consolation. I'd like to say I know the feeling, but I am far less productive than you, in a big way.
Young adulthood to me just seems to be waiting. I'm not entirely sure what I'm waiting for, but I think once it happens I'll be ready to fully embrace Adult Life instead of going for part-time jobs all the time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:18:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89735 on: March 08, 2015, 08:13:56 pm »

Did an exam while depressed.

I'm going to fail...
Is why I listen to music when I go into an exam.

Sets me to a default state, and if it's music I listened to while doing my work, success! Sometimes!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #89736 on: March 08, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »

Last night, a drunk driver hit my best friend's family while they were out driving.  All I know is, someone died, the rest are in the hospital.  :/
Correction: it was my best friend's cousins (?) who got hit.  It looks like the uncle was killed :(  I snooped around on Facebook and saw the wife's page, and her talking about her husband and their life together... this sucks, really sucks :/  They were happy, friendly people and some asshat has to go and screw up their lives :/
http://q13fox.com/2015/03/08/1-killed-4-injured-1-arrested-in-spanaway-head-on-crash/

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89737 on: March 08, 2015, 11:34:37 pm »

@Euld; let them know the internet feels for their loss. I lost my uncle to throat cancer a while ago. It hurts, even if you don't get to see them but once every few years.

So today as I was leaving the supermarket with the groceries I saw my jeep pull into the restaurant next door, and my brother and his girlfriend got out. So I went and asked them what they were doing, where mom was, etc, and they told me they borrowed it because they lost their keys. Mom told them they could take it. But nobody called me, or texted me, or asked if I'd be okay with it, or at least let me know what was going on. When I asked mum about it, she said she didn't think there was any need to inform me that she was renting out my vehicle to someone she knows I don't trust with my property, because last time I gave him anything, namely money which he promised to pay back, he ran off with it and told me to fuck off, then punched me in the face. Literally.
Oh, they could have just asked me to stop by their apartment and pick up the spare keys and come out to get them, save all that gas which they didn't buy and aren't going to buy anyway, what with it costing $40 or so to take that tank into town and back, and yeah they actually did think of that. But apparently it's more fun to hijack my car when I'm not looking than to save both money and time. I got home before they did anyway.

I guess my opinion just doesn't matter. I can always add the fuel to the amount they owe me for buying their piece of shit wreck out of the tow company's lot, and the fuel and alternator I bought for it, and that would bring the total up to $300. But I'll never see any of it anyway, so that's okay with everyone. Except me, but who gives a fuck? Me. But who gives a fuck? etc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:36:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #89738 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:04 am »

In whose name is the car on the registration papers? (I.e. who "officially" owns it?) If it's in yours, you can get the police involved, because that is plain theft. If it's in your mother's or someone else's, she technically may let someone borrow it without asking you. Still, knowingly using a more impractical solution? Punching one's brother because he wants what's rightfully his? That sucks.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #89739 on: March 09, 2015, 12:22:32 am »

Woke up with a racing heart after just under 2 hours of sleep.

This is getting to be a little bit ridiculous. Not been sleeping well the past few weeks, and never noticed if my heart was racing before... *sigh*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89740 on: March 09, 2015, 01:07:10 am »

I despise people when they're drunk. This will likely impede social activities with friends I may make at some point in the future, which makes me preemptively melancholy.
I was reminded of this by coming home from a shitty day at work to my mom trying to put my brother to bed while drunk.
For some reason she thought that trapping him under a blanket with a fart was a good idea.
It wasn't, apparently he vomited. Then when the mess was resolved she ranted to me about 'internet and how it just ain't good that all you young'ns are always on yer spacebook and fritter and shit and how you don't know how to exist and I'll be cancelling the internet tomorrow you hear me oh what was mmvstbslbslb'. Not quoted exactly, but that was the general gist of it. Every time she gets drunk this happens. It's why I hide her wine in obscure spots all the time.
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkk I despise ... that. Everything that. A seething hate that I rarely feel elsewhere. Hate. Haaaaaaaate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89741 on: March 09, 2015, 01:50:43 am »

I despise people when they're drunk.
I have to agree with you there. I don't understand why people seem to like it in the first place.

In any case, your mum's crazy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89742 on: March 09, 2015, 01:55:30 am »

On the topic of drunk people, every time in movies when I see guys joking around and being drunk in movie, I always expect one of them to get annoyed at the other out of a sudden and for a fight to break out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89743 on: March 09, 2015, 01:58:20 am »

I have to agree with you there. I don't understand why people seem to like it in the first place.

Thing is, she isn't. Perfectly sane, it's just that when she gets drunk she becomes a blithering idiot incapable of outsmarting a baby.
haaaaattte
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #89744 on: March 09, 2015, 02:42:09 am »

Social lubricant, as is oft the cry.

I use it for that, but also because it's the easiest way to keep in touch with certain elements of my family. The easiest way to deal with a drunk person is to be drunk yourself :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 5981 5982 [5983] 5984 5985 ... 8167