Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5983 5984 [5985] 5986 5987 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435543 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89760 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:38 am »

It's pretty bad that this interview with Molyneux

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/

is almost as outlandish as THIS satire interview parody

http://www.pcgamesn.com/godus/an-interview-with-peter-molyneux

There's a term in Spanish, "vergüenza ajena"... it's kind of sad to see a grown, established developer, fail so badly and then provide such lame excuses.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:11:38 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89761 on: March 09, 2015, 12:12:55 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/

There's a term in Spanish, "vergüenza ajena"... it's kind of sad to see a grown, established developer, fail so badly and then provide such lame excuses.
Ya, I remember reading the RPS interview when it first came out, painful.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89762 on: March 09, 2015, 12:27:35 pm »

I finished the first season/arc/whatever of Fist of the North Star. Almost all of the interesting and relatable characters died. It'd still be alright for mindless viewing, but at least it felt like it might eventually grow some character after a while.

To anybody who has read the manga, does Kenshiro actually have any character in that? From what I've seen in the anime, he's just a big punchy oaf who does the right thing.... Just cause, not because he feels strongly about it or anything.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89763 on: March 09, 2015, 12:40:21 pm »

I can't really decide whether I'd rather see this in the sad or the funny thread. My first reaction after reading the RPS interview was "Oh Peter, you card!!", but I instantly felt bad for all the people who liked his Bullfrog games and still believed in him.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89764 on: March 09, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »

Tight cough, bad shoulder ache, bad wrist ache, too many deadlines to meet tonight.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89765 on: March 09, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »

Ugh, I have a test tomorrow but somebody took my textbook off the pile instead of going through the effort of finding their own. I thought mine was at home, but it's not!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #89766 on: March 09, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »

My grandmother had an heart attack or something like that, and my mother ended up being the one who will take care of her ( she can't speak nor move the left side of her body now) but she is only my grandma by name(and blood), she didn't raised my mother and we saw her once every three years or so. Now she is lying on my bed and I must sleep in the couch , tough something gave an allergy and I can't sleep there without itches all over my body, I have been awake for four days already, which is kind of okay, since I have a disturb and can keep going just fine for days without sleep, but it's getting tiring.
I'm afraid/unssetled by old people(gerontophobia?) And having to carry her around the house , giving bath and changing diapers have been well over my threshold, this is a way of torture for me. I have warned my father that she's not my responsibility, and that if this keeps on I'll have to leave home, and I'm already searching for cheap renting along with a friend.
This is my sad, posting this won't change anything but since I'm rather unwilling to speak of this matter with anyone in the real world, I feel better for letting of the steam here...
In a time before time, I had a name.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89767 on: March 09, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »

Great. Cough changed to chest pain horrifying ticking noises synced disturbingly well to my pulse and difficulty breathing. Also now it's every joint in my left arm not just the shoulder.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89768 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »

Assignments to do.

Can't be buggered.

Bloody hell.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #89769 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:36 pm »

Great. Cough changed to chest pain horrifying ticking noises synced disturbingly well to my pulse and difficulty breathing. Also now it's every joint in my left arm not just the shoulder.

Hospital, with immediacy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89770 on: March 09, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »

Go to the doctor, or A&E depending on how difficult "difficulty breathing" is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89771 on: March 09, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

The pain seems to have receded, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything life threatening.

I mean, the symptoms match with a gas attack and muscle stiffness from coughing as well as anything else, which I think was the root cause. The arm thing is just because my joints hate me.

It was mostly bloody painful for about a minute, and slightly disconcerting.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:26:18 pm by Arx »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89772 on: March 09, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »

Don't die. If you die I'll kill you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89773 on: March 09, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »

He'll do it, he's an orange, you know how they are!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #89774 on: March 09, 2015, 03:47:07 pm »

The pain seems to have receded, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything life threatening.

I mean, the symptoms match with a gas attack and muscle stiffness from coughing as well as anything else, which I think was the root cause. The arm thing is just because my joints hate me.

It was mostly bloody painful for about a minute, and slightly disconcerting.

I would go to the doctor anyway. You mentioned heart issues, that tied with pain down the left side of the body and shortness of breath and such... bad.

I would say at this point it's better safe than sorry. If there's nothing wrong, you've wasted a bit of time (and maybe money) but then at least you'll know what's up. If there is something wrong, and it's serious, steps can be taken.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 5983 5984 [5985] 5986 5987 ... 8167