Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5868 5869 [5870] 5871 5872 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446121 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88035 on: February 08, 2015, 01:39:18 pm »

Out of curiosity: Which sleeping pills are those?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88036 on: February 08, 2015, 01:41:48 pm »

just came home from a training camp for the informatics olympiad.
i can't solve any of these fucking problems.
literally none of them
i haven't solved a SINGLE FUCKING PROBLEM AND IM STILL FUCKING FAILING AT THEM

turns out the one thing i thought i was good at i actually suck at.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88037 on: February 08, 2015, 01:45:05 pm »

Out of curiosity: Which sleeping pills are those?
Seroquel.

Quetiapine (developed and marketed as Seroquel by AstraZeneca) is an atypical antipsychotic approved for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and along with an antidepressant to treat major depressive disorder.
*Blinks twice*
Yep, I was prescribed that by my psychiatrist. As sleeping pills.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88038 on: February 08, 2015, 01:46:43 pm »

I would've thought they'd be using benzodiazepines (sp? for silliness) for sleeping pills.

Though they are quite habit forming, so...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88039 on: February 08, 2015, 01:54:48 pm »

Quetiapine is not a sleeping aid, goddammit!

Quacks who prescribe antipsychotics for insomnia make me very sad.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88040 on: February 08, 2015, 04:09:03 pm »

Six thousand pages of sads.

:(

Compare it to the Happy Thread.

There ya go. Now you're happy :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88041 on: February 08, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »

Six thousand pages of sads.
More like thirty-six hundred. 25 post/page master race~

Also, I've seen some talk of suicide in this thread. As someone who has attempted suicide before, I feel like I can relate. I'm not gonna tell you your life doesn't suck. It probably does. I'm also not going to tell you to think of all the people who would miss you, because you probably already have, and furthermore it makes it seem like you're being selfish, which that definitely is not about. What I am going to say is, stick around, if you put a little effort in, bide your time a bit, it'll get better.

My PMs are open for anyone who needs to talk, because nobody should have to go through that stuff alone. Seriously, talk to me. I want to help.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #88042 on: February 08, 2015, 05:15:03 pm »

I'm also going to add as someone who's attempted it more than once. At the very least, know that it's in no way an escape because if it doesn't go exactly as planned, you're looking at potential health problems for the rest of your life if you regret it at the last moment and try to pull out. And if it does, you've given everyone around you a completely new hell to slog through.

Life even when it's bad, has good to it. And that alone is worth keeping things going for.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88043 on: February 08, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »

Quetiapine (developed and marketed as Seroquel by AstraZeneca) is an atypical antipsychotic approved for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and along with an antidepressant to treat major depressive disorder.
*Blinks twice*
Yep, I was prescribed that by my psychiatrist. As sleeping pills.
...in this case, you might want to ask for second opinion. And see if you can find out what your psychiatrist has writen on your files, because even if you are told they are just "sleeping pills" he could have been lying downplaying it and prescribe them for something else, if at all possible.

Also, something that has gone unsaid for too long, your girlfriend sounds like awesome person. Remember to give her a kiss next time you see her.
With lot of tongue, in front of her parents.  :P
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88044 on: February 08, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »

...they make me go completely numb every time my heart beats. You know when you are sleeping and suddenly feel like you are falling?
Duuuuuuuuuuuude. That's gotta suck. I feel ya.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88045 on: February 08, 2015, 07:50:09 pm »

Try Trazodone. It's an antidepressant/anxiety medication that makes you super drowsy. I take it sometimes, and it's not the best sleep, but it's better than no sleep.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88046 on: February 08, 2015, 08:29:38 pm »

Try Trazodone. It's an antidepressant/anxiety medication that makes you super drowsy. I take it sometimes, and it's not the best sleep, but it's better than no sleep.
I tried that already, it doesn't work.
It makes me physically tired, but I'm still wide awake.

Remember to give her a kiss next time you see her.
With lot of tongue, in front of her parents.  :P
Ha, I would, but her mom would kill us both.

Also she is annoyed with me right now because I have to spend Valentines Day at my Grandparent's house painting. I don't want to, but I don't get a choice.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:36:14 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88047 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

Also she is annoyed with me right now because I have to spend Valentines Day at my Grandparent's house painting. I don't want to, but I don't get a choice.

Shit, man, sorry to hear that. But, yknow, there are ways to spend time with people without necessarily being near them. Facetime her, or Skype her, or just call her, it'll mean a lot more to her than you think :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88048 on: February 08, 2015, 08:59:53 pm »

Shit, man, sorry to hear that. But, yknow, there are ways to spend time with people without necessarily being near them. Facetime her, or Skype her, or just call her, it'll mean a lot more to her than you think :)
I think you meant facebook x3
Unless its somehow Facetime and I'm totally out of sync with the lingo of my(-ish) generation :V

Also!
Tell her that, Kal! It's always best to talk to some people, and believe me that your GF? She's someone who yo can REALLY trust.
Also she's Filipino but I'm biased that way. Take it with a grain of salt...and sugar. :P That I'd be honest if my words are influenced one way or another anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88049 on: February 08, 2015, 09:13:33 pm »

Made some corn fritters for my lunch today. Normally that'd be a happy thing but they were terrible.

I think you meant facebook x3
Unless its somehow Facetime and I'm totally out of sync with the lingo of my(-ish) generation :V
It's all right, Tiruin, I have no idea what they're talking about either.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5868 5869 [5870] 5871 5872 ... 8167