Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5867 5868 [5869] 5870 5871 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446100 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88020 on: February 08, 2015, 01:14:10 am »

Also, I'm suddenly the most hated person among everyone who knows my girlfriend because her "sister" has been spreading rumors about how she is in an abusive relationship with me and I'm controlling her through guilt.
I would recommend you to debunk those rumours ASAP, make a stand for yourself and explain how terrible of a situation you are in life right now. Talk with your girlfriend and ask her to support you in your stand. If you don't swear a lot, a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words. If this goes wrong and they say something terrible such as "You wanna kill yourself? Do it, makes us all happy," you should get the police involved.

Seriously, nobody has permission to spread false rumours about you, or anybody. And if you don't act upon it, nobody will.
THIS. SO MUCH. KAL.
Knowing that she's from a Filipino family raises a ton of ideas regarding their beliefs here ._.

Edit:

PPE:  :'(
Dear goodness. Being blackmailed and framed is very...ugh.
I mean, I guess your friend's best friend is also in the same religion, aye? It even says directly to not provide false witness against others.
>_>
Defend thyself in front of them. You're standing up for a good cause, but there's a lot of mud slung onto there.
The first thing is noting the biggest priority (ie Why are they all acting like that when its not even true?! There must be something reasonable..or believable that makes such be taken in as accepted idea.)

Your girlfriend is a great person with a nice attitude, Kal.
My girlfriend has already tried to debunk them, but it didn't work. If they don't believe her, why would they believe me? Also, I've never said a swear in my life...
This exists--people who don't swear. I wonder if that's even a thing leveled against you ._. 'He swears'.

Edit: Thinking it over, it seems that others have a stereotype of you by maybe your attitude and recent events? Misconstruing depression and other notes (ie He's not at school~ this may mean {assumption x}) into a very unfavorable notion of you?
Get into details over it, please. Talk about it with others. Don't let assumptions get in your way despite any/all issues on your part (ie Trust issues and the like)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:20:25 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88021 on: February 08, 2015, 01:16:55 am »

What the fuuuuck.
It sounds like you're living in an abstract, Kafka-esque psychological thriller. Jeez.

Sorry dude. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #88022 on: February 08, 2015, 01:41:19 am »

My girlfriend has already tried to debunk them, but it didn't work. If they don't believe her, why would they believe me? Also, I've never said a swear in my life...
Call them out on how assholish it is to actively try to make life hell for an already suicidal person, especially because of baseless rumours. Even if people don't listen to you, it makes it clear what you think of this ostracism. If not to them, to you. It seems your girlfriend still cares about you, as is evident in how she helped with your panic attack and tried to debunk the rumours, so get her to support you. I still care about you, and this is my attempt to support you. More than one person cares.

The swearing part is completely optional, but some say the less you swear, the more powerful it is when you use it in getting your point through. I myself barely ever swear.

Additionally, get the police involved. The "sister" has committed slander against you, which is a crime.

If you don't want to discuss this openly in this thread, feel free to PM me instead.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88023 on: February 08, 2015, 02:52:03 am »

That... really sucks, Kal. Not much else I can say other than "hang in there". Also what IcyTea said.

Though I did want to mention with regards to this:
Also I had a panic attack and punched a kid in the face today. I was talking with my girlfriend and he walked up, jabbed my stomach a few times (I panic when people touch my stomach/sides, and he knew that...) then grabbed me around the hips. So I started panicking and punched him in the face and ran into a storage room on the stage and broke down. I started crying, and hyperventilating... My girlfriend came and helped me calm down, but it wasn't fun.
That punching someone who randomly starts jabbing your stomach and/or grabbing you is generally a reasonably reaction. Especially when it was intentional, and they know that it particularly affects you? Yeah. No way you're guilty here.

I guess we really ought to get around to buying that island so can all come live in Comparatively Awesome Land.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88024 on: February 08, 2015, 03:11:39 am »

a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words.

Don't. This wont help. Keep your cool
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88025 on: February 08, 2015, 03:18:47 am »

a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words.

Don't. This wont help. Keep your cool
This. Exactly this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88026 on: February 08, 2015, 03:19:53 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:13:03 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88027 on: February 08, 2015, 03:29:12 am »

Six thousand pages of sads.

:(
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88028 on: February 08, 2015, 07:49:50 am »

Just woke up feeling helpless and worthless. I don't see an end in sight.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88029 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:51 am »

Hang in there Tiruin.
Also, you have cold molds?
Nein.
Molds. Molds causing bad cough--going into yer lungs. Molds which turn black after a period of being white. Molds which are pretty much more of a pest than ants or other such organic beings in our lands.

Hence the somewhat literal reference or grumpy-word of Bloody molds x_x
Well, for me anyway, I get blood in my cough from all that. Its a bad thing, my parents say ._. being doctors and such.

I meant: Your molds can handle the cold?
I thought they were primarily a jungly thing.

In other news: To anyone playing Sunless Sea- Never pick Correspondant (Pages + Charts) on a reroll.
Discovery XP is veeerrry important.
Kinda pissed that I wasted my reroll and now I gotta get a new will.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88030 on: February 08, 2015, 11:34:18 am »

Sad 6000 pages :(

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88031 on: February 08, 2015, 11:44:47 am »

In other news: To anyone playing Sunless Sea- Never pick Correspondant (Pages + Charts) on a reroll.
Discovery XP is veeerrry important.
Kinda pissed that I wasted my reroll and now I gotta get a new will.

Duly noted

I meant: Your molds can handle the cold?
I thought they were primarily a jungly thing.

No. There are molds everywhere.

I'm assuming he means an allergic reaction, though, rather than a bona fide mold infection.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88032 on: February 08, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »

Well, me and my Girlfriend managed to convince everyone the rumors were false, but it's still sad they believed them in the first place.

Also I got new sleeping pills, and they make me go completely numb every time my heart beats. You know when you are sleeping and suddenly feel like you are falling? Yeah, it's that for every heartbeat.
And they don't even help me sleep, I was told they would knock me out for 12 hours, and I only slept for 5. And it still took me three hours to fall asleep even though I took them an hour before I went to bed. And I woke up 3 hours early.

... Nah.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88033 on: February 08, 2015, 01:15:43 pm »

Well, me and my Girlfriend managed to convince everyone the rumors were false, but it's still sad they believed them in the first place.

Also I got new sleeping pills, and they make me go completely numb every time my heart beats. You know when you are sleeping and suddenly feel like you are falling? Yeah, it's that for every heartbeat.
And they don't even help me sleep, I was told they would knock me out for 12 hours, and I only slept for 5. And it still took me three hours to fall asleep even though I took them an hour before I went to bed. And I woke up 3 hours early.

... Nah.
Yay the first! Absolving! Go teamwork!
Also yeah, its sad--however, its assumed out of something that would be plausible ._.
And they'd realize that later on--or would realize it just like now. So that's a good turn for the better!

Also, take the dosage at the right time and exactly as prescribed--if any side effects occur or otherwise don't seem to work, bring the idea up with your psychiatrist(?) or medical health professional :O

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88034 on: February 08, 2015, 01:24:09 pm »

I hate sleepingmedication. It's never done any good for me.

I really wish work would have let me stay home today. I've already dropped about 4 things today because I'm too disoriented to see straight.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5867 5868 [5869] 5870 5871 ... 8167