Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5608 5609 [5610] 5611 5612 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446320 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84135 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »

Fuuuuck, I am way too stressed out right now.
I seem to go from one annoying situation full of problems and obligations to another. Supposed to go to work tomorrow, earning $300 or so for a day of doing nothing much, but it means I'll have to put up with people all day. I tell you what, my few days working on a construction site have really driven home how fucked the world is: the people around me all base their lives around this work, employed to build warehouses to be filled with materials to build more warehouses, or to supply the mindless drones needed to build more warehouses and factories and housing spreading ever outwards for no apparent reason other than to build more warehouses and factories.

Industry for the sake of industry is a scary thing.
I'm not sure why I'm rambling on like this, I kinda got off-topic but the point is that things are pissing me off.
Nothing's going to plan and I am getting sick of everything, including myself. Mostly myself. Maybe I'll struggle through tomorrow's ordeal, take the $300 and then just jet off someplace else.

Straight into another unsatisfying situation filled with minor niggling discomforts, no doubt. Myself is not an easy person to have to live with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #84136 on: November 07, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »

Also, that the female character designs in that trailer seem really good.  They're all at the bare minimum clothed to what a normal person would wear, at least were in full armor, and the worst seems to be Widowmaker who is still not that bad.
I'm still waiting for female designs to hit TF2. A lot of people say it will never happen, but that's double the potential hat designs.
Valve has an internal lock on significantly changing the silhouettes of TF2 characters (except I think during Halloween).  Plus that would be a lot of money in voice acting.

I don't know how, but I believe you could straight replace one of the character models with one of the female character models people have made.  I know you can do it with weapons.  You'd see female characters, no one else would.  Although without specific voice work it might get a bit uncanny...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84137 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:32 pm »

Also, that the female character designs in that trailer seem really good.  They're all at the bare minimum clothed to what a normal person would wear, at least two were in full armor, and the worst seems to be Widowmaker who is still not that bad.
Wait, what?

Blizzard? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84138 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:27 pm »

I think it looks amazing.  I just really really really really hope it doesn't have gameplay affecting microtransactions.  That stuff drove me away from TF2.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84140 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:33 pm »

I think it looks amazing.  I just really really really really hope it doesn't have gameplay affecting microtransactions.  That stuff drove me away from TF2.

Wait what?

Cosmetics and weapons(that honestly suck within the first few days or so while everyone is terrible at using it :P) are gameplay affecticing microtransactions?

Or is it the whole crate key thing? I can understand hating the latter, though that's more on whether or not you have orange items that tell you how many people you've brutally killed or a shiny hat that rains knives on you or something :P

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84141 on: November 07, 2014, 11:45:29 pm »

I see it, I hear it, I know it, I can feel it in my skin, burning, scratching, clawing, biting, burning. but it lies it's not true, it can't be true, Is naught but a lie! Even if it is true I cannot agree to it! It would end badly, it would hurt, it would break and it would ruin. Never can it be done, for the cost is too great! No, it must be kept hidden, it must not be known. shhh.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #84142 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:37 pm »

I'm looking at the game, and one thing I find funny is that if/when wallhacks come out for this game, if somebody is playing Widowmaker, how would anybody tell?
But in any case, it looks very promising, wouldn't mind if they could fix up some of the janky animations (It is in Beta though) and I love the mobility focus a lot of FPS's are going for now, but I am worried (if the characters are split onto two teams) about balancing, I mean, ninja guy looks a lot like he is supposed to be a mirror to Widowmaker, but they obviously have very different powers.

I dunno, if it's FTP (though it doesn't look like it might be) then I think I would have found a time sink of my very own.

I see it, I hear it, I know it, I can feel it in my skin, burning, scratching, clawing, biting, burning. but it lies it's not true, it can't be true, Is naught but a lie! Even if it is true I cannot agree to it! It would end badly, it would hurt, it would break and it would ruin. Never can it be done, for the cost is too great! No, it must be kept hidden, it must not be known. shhh.
Oh jesus, man, you okay?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:57:49 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #84143 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11:12 am »

This cat was the most badass non-human being I've ever known.  I've lived with many pets, but none that I felt so much connection with.  My best and often only friend in meatspace from the time she leaped at me out of a tree as I was walking home around midnight on the first cold night of winter in 1996, until my future wife moved in and began to slowly wedge us apart due to allergies in 2001.  Over 18 years, she proved a flawless specimen.  Two vet visits in her entire life - once for neutering and then for de-clawing.  Perfect health all the way until old age hit her like a sledgehammer.  The occasional senile moment for a year or so and then suddenly one night she's blind and the next she can no longer stand.  Wish I could have spent more time with her, instead of leaving her with my family when I moved out.  Glad I was able to hang out with her on her last night, and that it was peaceful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84144 on: November 08, 2014, 12:15:13 am »

Well...

:c

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84145 on: November 08, 2014, 12:15:44 am »

My best and often only friend in meatspace from the time she leaped at me out of a tree as I was walking home around midnight on the first cold night of winter in 1996
this sounds like it was straight form a rom-com. But then it gets sad because the pet dies at the end.

RIP kitty TT^TT7
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84146 on: November 08, 2014, 01:13:09 am »

My condolences, SalmonGod. :(
She sounds (and looks!) like one amazing cat. She had a good run, that's for sure. Glad you could spend time with her at the end.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84147 on: November 08, 2014, 01:47:53 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84148 on: November 08, 2014, 08:02:16 am »

tf2 doesn't have any gameplay affecting microtransactions.
if you're halfway decent at tf2 you don't even need any other weapons and even then they can be crafted or traded.

My condolences, SalmonGod. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a pet like that...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84149 on: November 08, 2014, 08:46:39 am »

tf2 doesn't have any gameplay affecting microtransactions.
if you're halfway decent at tf2 you don't even need any other weapons and even then they can be crafted or traded.

Yeah, pretty much any unlock requires negligible effort (and no money) to acquire, and for alot of classes is not even necessary as most stock weapons are considered very powerful and versatile.
Pages: 1 ... 5608 5609 [5610] 5611 5612 ... 8167