Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448771 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84030 on: November 04, 2014, 01:53:13 pm »

The trick is to go to a grocery store with a bakery, or just an actual bakery. If it came off a truck, don't buy it. You pay more but it's worth it.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84031 on: November 04, 2014, 02:06:25 pm »

The trick is to go to a grocery store with a bakery, or just an actual bakery. If it came off a truck, don't buy it. You pay more but it's worth it.
But the nearest bakery is halfway across the city! And it isn't even very good there... I can make better bread at home!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #84032 on: November 04, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »

[Shrugs] That's what I've observed inside too many prisons here over the years, but I don't care enough to argue about it. Nothing to gain, and I only started observing carefully as a way to cope with the stress and avoid throwing jerks down stairs. Eventually I'd have done that enough times that it would stop looking like an accident. O, so many of them deserved the flight down the flights, and a part of me regrets not giving them one. One mark of practicing crim law is you just stop being able to give a fuck and usually develop an unhealthy alcohol problem. Check and check, though lately I've been making progress on the alcoholism. Haven't drank anything in about two months, and have cut down significantly before that.

I'm just so much happier at the idea of having a job interview for a position where I end up not helping jerks. I'm having a real hard time compartmentalizing my brain to try and get people out of charges like child abuse, neglect, and dependency, when the natural reaction is to smack them for what they've done. I'm nervous as hell about possibly not getting said job.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:35:49 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #84033 on: November 04, 2014, 03:10:10 pm »

One of my best friends died suddenly.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84034 on: November 04, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »

One of my best friends died suddenly.
PM box is open
*hugs
Similar event happened to me a little less than a month ago
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84035 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:04 pm »

More midterms

More thoughts of death
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #84036 on: November 04, 2014, 04:17:52 pm »

Head hurts like a dozen serrated daggers through the skull, coated in hot sauce.
Sight of a lightbulb is enough to trigger a ferocious rage.
I am flooded with noises, and hear every single one clearly, but with the volume of a moon rocket at point blank.

I will not come back to work tommorow, not with this migrane.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84037 on: November 04, 2014, 04:19:31 pm »

Head hurts like a dozen serrated daggers through the skull, coated in hot sauce.
Sight of a lightbulb is enough to trigger a ferocious rage.
I am flooded with noises, and hear every single one clearly, but with the volume of a moon rocket at point blank.

I will not come back to work tommorow, not with this migrane.
Go to sleep. Right now. Turn off your computer, go to your bedroom, turn off all lights and shut the curtains, and go to sleep.
Being awake is obviously not doing anything for you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84038 on: November 04, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

A rather unproductive day, and  I planned for the opposite. Tried to study, mostly got annoyed and finished two things I think. Wanted to draw, can't be bothered to honestly, much easier to get annoyed by video games instead.

I really should uninstall all this crap right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84039 on: November 04, 2014, 04:30:45 pm »

[...]One mark of practicing crim law is you just stop being able to give a fuck and usually develop an unhealthy alcohol problem.[...]
Woah, woah. Hold it there Truean :<
That's not a 100% effect, but only more of a...well, dampener, since you're going into a field which acts as the forefront in dealing with the law and the people transgressing the law. Giving a damn is worth it--even more so when dealing with people who don't transgress the law! :D
Sometimes, people make mistakes that they don't see as wrong or wasn't taught such early on--given their different perspectives of life and such. Sometimes, they're immature, despite their physical and biological age, in other aspects such as understanding or empathy or other characteristics which speak about themselves.
You don't have to give in because of them, or how seemingly prevalent they are, or how seemingly futile your actions are towards the. :O They don't make you, or your career.

Think of it more as an occupational hazard to...lighten those thoughts? :P
But don't think I'm discounting or discarding the utter severity dealt with when you see these things :S It's seriously a tough deal...but there's also how you mentally cope with it. There're idiots--discount it as immaturity and their lack of growth in the past; you aren't them D:
*also tinyhugs*

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84040 on: November 04, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »

*Offers hugs to Kamin, Truean, and Flabort*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84041 on: November 04, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »

Check japan. They probably have a few by now.

In the meantime, we can always send each other pictures of cookies and teddy bears.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84042 on: November 04, 2014, 06:20:26 pm »

bluh. cute girl in my philosophy class. Well, multiple cute girls in my philosophy class.

One sits behind me. Feel like I should talk to her or something. Be friendly, y'know.

Too bad I can't talk to people. bluh. I feel bad for not talking to people more that I think I should talk to, but I have no idea what to talk about.

Plus the end of the semester is quickly approaching in a month and then I'll be done with the class and probably not see any of the cute girls again.

uuuuuuuuugh. how do i people. rhetorical question.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84043 on: November 04, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »

Turn around, and say to her: "Do you know these moments where you want to say something but don't know what?"

Trust me, extensive use of meta levels is strongly correlated with getting laid. 100% backed up by statistics I totally did not make up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84044 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »

Check japan. They probably have a few by now.
Yes... hugs >_>

uuuuuuuuugh. how do i people. rhetorical question.
With your mouth and tongue and throat and lungs and some other things too but I'm not sure how relevant they are.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 ... 8167