Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5580 5581 [5582] 5583 5584 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461100 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83715 on: October 29, 2014, 01:55:28 am »

I don't have one of those in the dorm :(

I'm soaking it in a cup overnight to see if that helps.
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83716 on: October 29, 2014, 04:28:15 am »

For anyone that remembers my bitching and moaning from the other day:

*previously on Joshua's Diatribes of Retarded, Depressive Melodrama* Girl I've dated twice now is ignoring me super hard. I jump to conclusions. Tiruin is super nice and Max Shuts me down. I adhere to patience. *on with the show*

Yeah, I'm positive she's ignoring me. I'll spare you the details, but it's beyond a shadow of a doubt now. I have no choice but to conclude that it's just over between us. It's upsetting, but I can't say I was even attached to her in any meaningful way. No, I'm just upset that I have yet another reminder of my own inadequacy resting in my consciousness. It's a very sour, bitter reminder that I hate to have shoved down my gullet yet again.

And right when I thought things were starting to take a turn for the better. I was hoping this winter wasn't going to be as cold as the last one, but it may be even colder.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83717 on: October 29, 2014, 04:57:29 am »

:(

For what are you inadequate?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83718 on: October 29, 2014, 05:09:26 am »

Inadequate as a man.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83719 on: October 29, 2014, 05:26:31 am »

All I can really say is "no, you're not". Unfortunately, the only person who can really answer the question is you, and I'm not likely to be able to convince you otherwise.

So I'm going to request that you figure out what is required for adequacy.

Then you need to figure out that it's irrelevant. Because getting hung up on the question "am I good enough" will ruin you. Many people will say that you need to tell yourself that you are good enough, or whatever, but I think that's equally silly.
What you think about yourself doesn't matter. What does matter is what you do, and (if you really think it's worth it), self-approval can come out of that.

Of course, if depression is the issue, some other steps may be required, and you'll probably need some proper help there.

Me? I'm just getting pissed off because I hate seeing people tell themselves that they're inadequate, or a terrible person, or whatever. It really doesn't help.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83720 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:01 am »

All these talk about inadequacy is reminding me about my crush.
Looking back on it and the flaming excuse of a "relationship" I had, I think the thing is that when you don't really like them that much and just want them to give a boost to your self esteem, it tend to do the opposite.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83721 on: October 29, 2014, 07:40:40 am »

I wish I could tell if my antidepressants were working.
But it's kinda hard when you're dealing with external problems, so you can't properly evaluate the internal ones.

@Objective: I've never dated someone for the purpose of boosting self-esteem, but I know of people who have, and yeah, one side or the other invariably gets screwed over in the process.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83722 on: October 29, 2014, 08:10:15 am »

Having lunch at school yesterday.

Was in the mood for milk.

Bought milk.

Opened milk.

Milk was rotten.

I hate having such terrible luck. Minor sads ahoy

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83723 on: October 29, 2014, 08:25:16 am »

Did you not return the milk you just bought and say "hey, this milk is rotten and you're rotten".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83724 on: October 29, 2014, 09:03:12 am »

Shot her in the face with the rotten milk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83725 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:28 am »

O_o
How's about just telling the store keeper that the milk is rotten...and that's it? Informing them and all?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83726 on: October 29, 2014, 09:13:31 am »

tir, i'd like to hear how you justify taking the violation of trust between the buyer and seller within the context of grocery goods in stride

in the middle ages you had bakers executed at a mere hint of dishonesty, sure we aren't in the middle ages now but you don't just take a return and walk away they'll think they can get away with it

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83727 on: October 29, 2014, 09:13:51 am »

*Shrug*

Rotten milk in their face will inform them fairly quickly :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83728 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:56 am »

tir, i'd like to hear how you justify taking the violation of trust between the buyer and seller within the context of grocery goods in stride

in the middle ages you had bakers executed at a mere hint of dishonesty, sure we aren't in the middle ages now but you don't just take a return and walk away they'll think they can get away with it
* Tiruin blinks.
Well...here in my place, we've got family owned stores. Spoiled goods happen due to people not checking the expiry date (or even mislabeled expiry dates >.>) but 99% of the time, its an accidental mistake of either storage or lacking inventory checks.
And we're both ok with it after a chat and a simple, "<Hello sir/ma'am, about the [product name] I bought earlier, it's spoiled.>" with me and whoever the store owner/person is, paraphrased for generality. The usual result is sincere surprise, given that I know how faked emotion looks like (but seriously, its written all over here). :P

...I mean its not like they'd intentionally poison anyone who buys at their store >_>
That isn't a thing that happens here, anyway. Intentional negligence or dishonesty that way.

And regardless of whoever the franchise is or whoever is the cashier/salesperson, why'd you need to huff up at them and throw [spoiled_product] back just...like that? @_@

...I check if its spoiled anyway, before eating it. ._.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:21:13 am by Tiruin »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83729 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

I am now having character death withdrawal. Favorite character died in a thing. Like, permanent, unexpected plot twist dead. Like, so dead. Rly ded. Emotional response.

This must be what it's like to watch Game of Thrones.
What character where?
I could answer that but it'd be huuuuuge spoilers broski. As to where, it's a manga. There's been numerous references/conversations in the anime thread. I've been fangirling all over it too.

Spoiler: spoilz (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5580 5581 [5582] 5583 5584 ... 8167