Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5534 5535 [5536] 5537 5538 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466825 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83025 on: October 13, 2014, 09:32:23 am »

Tack, you should get to use words with less negative impact. Instead of saying people are lovestruck idiots or they are made idiots because they can't comprehend what they're feeling at the moment may go in the wrong way at times :P
Just saying. The positive alternative is great.

Facekillz, you should get to realize on why you're truly with her and understand what emotions are going on--are you friends with her because you hope she'll follow your choice? Did you consider her choice? Did you both talk about it openly? Is being friends with her only, a bad thing for some reason?
...Meaning: Did you talk to her about all this instead of wondering it by yourself?
Also how in the bloody world is
"Just be an asshole to her, works every time."
even a valid or reasonable idea!?
That anyone would mention?!
Another query that could be said is--if you would also reciprocate what you idealize. Like being a great person for them just as they're great for you--in the least, understand mutuality before heading out to find someone matching your significant other idea.
On that petty part--don't slink into possessiveness. It won't help if you won't speak to them and look at it as a 'lost cause'.

Caroline: That's borderline child abuse. The first part. :-\ Though that's mostly be reacting to the idea of physical threat in order to 'fix' something.
Emotional attack or verbal insults via threats or comparison or demeaning attitude goes along the idea of abuse.
Your mother should know what she's doing. Retold. Informed.
It seems like Undoing.
(link used as a reference to describe what is most probably describing the words posted out of context and may not exactly encompass the event in reality due to perceptions and such. It is not to be used as a basis to judge.)
Whatever is such--there's something wrong in the approach of perceived problems :-\
Check yourself also if there's anything on your side--like anger--which may sway the situation or reaction in anyway.

@Caroline (I swore you were a girl because username)
She is. :P
Trans. \o/

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83026 on: October 13, 2014, 09:32:45 am »

@Caroline (I swore you were a girl because username): Maybe it's your mom trying to apologize after yelling at you. Then again, threatening to beat your head into a wall......?
Yeh, she's, like, technically a he, but not. Gender vs biological sex stuff. I think. I'm pretty sure. It's hard to keep track of who is what without notes.

Oh, Caroline is transgender?

Think I'll stick with 'she', if Caroline doesn't mind. Nothing wrong with transgender, just that the gender neutral noun 'it', would be dehumanizing. Blame the english language.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83027 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:53 am »

Rule of thumb for trans is ask for fave pronoun.
She seems to work for Caroline anywau.

Tack, that is probably the best advice I've ever gotten. Thank you.
Today, or maybe tonight if I get the chance to talk to her, I will tell her how it is.
Hold on Romeo; make sure that it doesn't come across as some ploy to win her heart back- cos if that's how if you feel- that's how it's going to sound- and that will make the conversation become incredibly awkward and not gain you brownie points.
Avoid the L word, practice the "crunch phrases" in your head, and all that jazz.
If you go in unprepared, you'll come out as a mess. Hence I stress the "be scientific". If you say the general gist of "I didn't quite get over you, and I'm not happy about it, because it's going to affect our friendship, and I don't want that", it should work out pretty calmly, and you'll have a better chance for one of the good outcomes.

Just remember that having feelings for her is absolutely your problem, but not something that you can help, and if you ask her for help with it she's completely fine to say no. (Though personally I doubt she will- it's just more charismatic to offer her a way out.)

Alright, that was more advice than I planned to give, so i'mma shut up.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:51:24 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83028 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:50 am »

You know, I was all ready and about to go through with this before you made me think.
I'm starting to feel like I should just not say anything.
As of now, it's not like the friendship is in jeopardy, or anything like that.
I feel like this might just do more against it than for it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83029 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:24 am »

@Caroline (I swore you were a girl because username): Maybe it's your mom trying to apologize after yelling at you. Then again, threatening to beat your head into a wall......?
Yeh, she's, like, technically a he, but not. Gender vs biological sex stuff. I think. I'm pretty sure. It's hard to keep track of who is what without notes.

Think I'll stick with 'she', if Caroline doesn't mind. Nothing wrong with transgender, just that the gender neutral noun 'it', would be dehumanizing. Blame the english language.
I just use they if I don't know or don't want to disclose someones gender.

They is/can be singular. Fuck you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83030 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:50 am »

IDK, if it makes you feel bad, it's probably best to do something about it. I always consider what I will regret least in these situations, and not doing anything is usually the thing that you'll regret most.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83031 on: October 13, 2014, 10:02:33 am »

I just use they if I don't know or don't want to disclose someones gender.

They is/can be singular. Fuck you.

Which is why I said 'If Caroline doesn't mind.'

Anyways, this whole derail tangent is just the result of me getting confused and also not knowing Caroline is transgender.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:04:08 am by smjjames »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83032 on: October 13, 2014, 10:03:19 am »

I was focusing on the "it" one, as in "You don't have to use it, they exists."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83033 on: October 13, 2014, 10:08:50 am »

If you're actually thinking about it, that's good.
But end of the day you posted here because the status quo hurts you.
If you think she cares about you being hurt- then it literally cannot be a bad idea to let her know- in a calm and "cards on the table" manner.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:10:35 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83034 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:11 am »

You know, I was all ready and about to go through with this before you made me think.
I'm starting to feel like I should just not say anything.
As of now, it's not like the friendship is in jeopardy, or anything like that.
I feel like this might just do more against it than for it.
Be like me, don't say anything, regret it forever.

Protip: moral is to not be like me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83035 on: October 13, 2014, 10:47:44 am »

Ugh.

Throat hurts worse, and the yellow junk is growing out of more places now, even on the inside of my nose (which is awful)
It's supposed to go away on it's own, though, but this itches like hell.
Also the blisters on my hands are spreading and itching like crazy.
This sucks.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83036 on: October 13, 2014, 10:58:59 am »

Ugh.

Throat hurts worse, and the yellow junk is growing out of more places now, even on the inside of my nose (which is awful)
It's supposed to go away on it's own, though, but this itches like hell.
Also the blisters on my hands are spreading and itching like crazy.
This sucks.

are these side effects or are you being infected by an alien virus
that sound awful, for what its worth im sorry.
Hope you feel better
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #83037 on: October 13, 2014, 11:02:17 am »

Irrationally winding myself up about projects again. This isn't so much of a problem as the dreams it leads to, which are almost indistinguishable from reality and usually cause me to wake up in a cold sweat. Sigh.

Also, if we're calling dibs on roles I claim the scientist who supplies the hero with cool stuff. Or wizard, if it's a fantasy setting.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheCritsyBear

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a masterful engraving of an avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83038 on: October 13, 2014, 12:20:25 pm »

Let's Player problems:

A certain super popular let's player team released the first episode of a series.

It was on the same day I recorded about five episodes of that very same game. ;c

Now I don't know what to play, man! THAT WAS MY ONLY GOOD GAME!
I had to create a new account for my own reasons, I was once a Bay Watcher like you. Now I am but a lowly Escaped Lunatic.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83039 on: October 13, 2014, 12:22:03 pm »

Let's Player problems:

A certain super popular let's player team released the first episode of a series.

It was on the same day I recorded about five episodes of that very same game. ;c

Now I don't know what to play, man! THAT WAS MY ONLY GOOD GAME!
Play it anyway.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5534 5535 [5536] 5537 5538 ... 8167