Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5474 5475 [5476] 5477 5478 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416335 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #82125 on: September 26, 2014, 10:48:32 pm »

This isn't sad I guess it's just mildly disappointing, my character in the "if forumites were stuck in a roll to dodge" game got his leg blown off for dancing in a minefield out of boredom and now he's hallucinating about Donnie Darko because of the morphine

Maybe this should go on the what made you laugh today thread too
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82126 on: September 27, 2014, 06:35:07 am »

Went to some sort of school-organized party yesterday, and left earlier than usual because I ddin't really enjoy it. Meh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82127 on: September 27, 2014, 07:20:55 am »

Someone is trying to convince me that all gay people are paedophiles based on a few isolated cases and refuse to listen to any other arguments or evidence >.<
Looks like you couldn't even see the hook for the bait.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82128 on: September 27, 2014, 07:24:34 am »

Someone is trying to convince me that all gay people are paedophiles based on a few isolated cases and refuse to listen to any other arguments or evidence >.<
Looks like you couldn't even see the hook for the bait.
It depends on who cast the line. If they're not the kind of person to go fishing, odds are there is no hook, and they're just plain dumb.
Very, very dumb.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82129 on: September 27, 2014, 07:51:53 am »

They're the dumb kind.

It's not a troll, if it was a troll it'd be obvious. Not a Poe, either.

This guy is serious. Very very serious.
The very nature of Poe's law means that you can't be sure.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #82130 on: September 27, 2014, 09:34:32 am »

What's Poe's law?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82131 on: September 27, 2014, 09:36:31 am »

What's Poe's law?

Any parody of a position in an argument without obvious marking as such (e.g. winky faces, disclaimers) will be indistinguishable from the ravings of an actual dingbat.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82132 on: September 27, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

depressed descan, hoooooo

* Descan mopes.

Depresscan.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82133 on: September 27, 2014, 10:41:41 am »

depressed descan, hoooooo

* Descan mopes.

Depresscan.

What's wrong?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82134 on: September 27, 2014, 10:45:35 am »

H-heh.

Depresscan.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82135 on: September 27, 2014, 11:27:42 am »

no idea just kind of down

probably social stuff

i'm not good at not creeping people out
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82136 on: September 27, 2014, 11:32:41 am »

* LordSlowpoke runs up

* LordSlowpoke jumps

* LordSlowpoke bounces off the deschan

fKUC you are huge

* LordSlowpoke hugs the deschan

also vibrating

feel less worse soon thanks

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #82137 on: September 27, 2014, 12:37:02 pm »

...being upset and having a mental breakdown during my shift was probably a bad idea. Still, I did get sent home early on Thursday because of it, and I can apparently take a break whenever I want now.
I'm still stressed the **** out, though, I can't be the one in charge. I'm unofficially the supervisor, since I'm the most experienced person on the line while the manager's out. And I do not take being in control well - or rather, I do not take having the responsibility of control well.

Also, they hired someone who used to work at a Tim's elsewhere, who I swear is better than me in every way, except for her English skills; she's not shy in front of customers, she's faster at the sandwich station, she knows most of the menus on the till (although I think I might know more, so one thing in my favor), she's not afraid of the talking-to-customers part of using the till, she can keep up with the person on till while running coffee, even if the person on till hasn't learned to let their runner keep up, and she's all caught up on her training videos; I've had to teach every new staff member in the past month, but now I'm being taught, basically.
So while I may have seinority over her, she's still better than me and that's just one more source of stress.

Also, I keep telling the other new people, "The Tim Horton's Standard dictates that you put the flavor shot in the drink BEFORE the sugar or cream, and sugar always comes before cream, I know the flavor is the same either way, but the guide says to do that!", so my OCD is irritated every time I see someone adding a flavor shot to a drink with cream or sugar already in it, or adding sugar to a drink with the cream already it. It's especially stressing to see them adding cream and sugar when the coffee is already in (because the nozzles dip into the cup, and sit in the coffee when they do that!), because it is cross-contamination, and that is a major penalty in the books of both Tim Hortons AND Chartwells. But no matter how many times I say the order they add stuff to the cup matters, they keep doing it out of order anyways. And I've taught the same girl the same order of keypresses to redeem the same kind of coupon, what, 17 times now? Refusal to learn is such a major stress-source to the teacher.

Welcome to the Breakdown.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82138 on: September 27, 2014, 12:40:44 pm »

Ooh, Tim Hortons. I could totally go for a doughnut right now. No hot choc, though, as it is currently VERY HOT here.

Stupid NB.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #82139 on: September 27, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »

Woke up this morning thinking I had recovered thanks to a decent night's sleep. Nope. Still sick. My nose varies between pretending to be a faucet and pretending to be a pipeline stuffed with rotting corpses packed with pressure.

Basically my nose is really runny but my sinuses are clogged and crushing my head. Woke up at 10, 2 hours later I'm already tired again and wanting a nap. Need food, but don't want to go anywhere in public or try driving when I'm like this. So, sandwhiches, junk food, and gatorade it is.

Of course, it's the weekend, so the on campus health center is closed. Probably any other doctors are closed. My decongestant does notzing. Blowing my nose does nozting. Uuuuuugh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5474 5475 [5476] 5477 5478 ... 8167