Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5235 5236 [5237] 5238 5239 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446245 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78540 on: July 15, 2014, 02:58:26 pm »

Yup, I see no more issue in numbing emotions than I do with painkillers. It can be helpful - more helpful I find, in the case of alcohol, is that in addition to numbing the pain it lets me relax enough to start enjoying myself. But anyway, I can only speak from my own experience. I'm that guy who can quite honestly say music changed my life, so my advice could be rather atypical.

On a personal note, this song has completely screwed with my emotions. I can't seem to decide whther it's amazing or upsetting

Irrespective, best of luck to all of you guys.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78541 on: July 15, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »

I feel like I really need an instrument at the moment.
However rusty I am, I think just jamming out some barre chords on a guitar would be a good way to let out some emotions. Or I could try and learn bass guitar, like I've wanted to for ages... hell, even a drum would be nice.
I wish I lived somewhere where I could easily make noise without having to feel self conscious or get complained at.

Maybe it's time to save up money, dump my treasured-yet-non-essential belongings at my mother's place and move somewhere new. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78542 on: July 15, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »

You could get bagpipes.

Everybody loves bagpipes.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78543 on: July 15, 2014, 03:02:56 pm »

I do love bagpipes, but unfortunately I do not like kilts... and they're pretty much the required uniform for any serious bagpipes player. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78544 on: July 15, 2014, 03:05:09 pm »

wear a woolen toga

it's like a kilt

except further

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78545 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:59 pm »

Meh, maybe I'll just wear other bagpipes players, and go around following the sound of pipes and adding more and bagpipes players to the suit until I am the greatest bagpipes player left alive, and have a pimpin' flesh-suit to wear whilst playing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78546 on: July 15, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »

Hands are too small for barre chords without pain. Stupid small hands. It's a good thing I like power chords.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78547 on: July 15, 2014, 03:15:23 pm »

I haven't had a dream in ASCII in a long time :'C
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #78548 on: July 15, 2014, 03:15:52 pm »

Hands are too small for barre chords without pain. Stupid small hands. It's a good thing I like power chords.

What do you mean? If that's the case, you either have a guitar that's scaled WAY wrong for you, or you're doing them wrong.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78549 on: July 15, 2014, 03:16:43 pm »

Consider Japanese import guitars with the narrower neck sizes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78550 on: July 15, 2014, 03:18:51 pm »

Hah, I always had trouble with most barre chords, too- one of my guitar teachers preferred to refer to power chords as barre chords, so that's kind of what I really meant. :P My left hand is still messed up from when I broke my elbow (causing some severe nerve damage) as a kid, it's never been nearly as dexterous as the right one.
In hindsight I might have been better off learning to play left-handed so that I could actually do all those tricky chord shapes and rapid hammer-ons, solos etc., but oh well. It's kind of ingrained now, playing right-handed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78551 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:31 pm »

Aren't anti-depressants a regiment? As in, you feel the effects over time as they work? Don't feel so bad they don't hit you immediately, you've done yourself a favor many people in that position won't take the step towards. Enjoy your beer, damnit.

I have been on them for 14 years.

They work in making it better, but they don't remove it entirely.  At work right now I have nothing to do, so I am literally sitting down and doing nothing, which does not help.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #78552 on: July 15, 2014, 04:50:24 pm »

One of our cats has cancer. She's not in any pain, and shouldn't be any time in the future, but there's little chance she could be cured of it even if we did go for the expensive surgery necessary to remove it. All we can do at this point is make her comfortable.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78553 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

Long day of pointless work. Late by over a week, and nothing's wrong with it. Aside from a trivial error, that is.

It'd be nice to have something to help keep my mind occupied. A radio or something to listen to, instead of the whirring of machinery. And a chair to sit on. I've been sitting on the floor while repacking boxes, since there is not enough space to sit at a table, and I can't repack boxes while standing.

Everything is sore. My feet, my hands, my eyes, and mostly my neck. Plus the work has little required concentration, and again, I have nothing to keep my mind occupied with, except my own thoughts. I don't like my thoughts.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78554 on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »

Consider Japanese import guitars with the narrower neck sizes.
Ibanez are reportedly good for having slim necks. Ibanez are a big name and can be found at most music stores, as well as pawn shops or online or whatever. No need to import from Japan.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5235 5236 [5237] 5238 5239 ... 8167