Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4905 4906 [4907] 4908 4909 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442405 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73590 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:23 am »

I think I should just stop trying to be friends with people online so that I don't have to worry about other people's opinion.
That doesn't even make sense >_>
Nobody is here to hurt you or denounce you Objective :v
I'm willing to denounce Obj!

Do I get a cake if I do, or how does this work? :v
I'll denounce Objective if I can immediately take it back with no consequences, like in Mount & Blade.

Also, Persona 3. The Battle Panties... I mean, I don't know what I expected, but I fugred that since most armor doesn't actually change the character's clothes, it would just be somthing they'd wear under their clothes or something. But then...
It's even worse because these are high school kids. It's the Rikku situation all over again. I think I would have been alright with it, though, if I had the option to put the guys in the same outfit.
Unfortunately I have been denied the opportunity to see Junpei Iori in a thong.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #73591 on: April 22, 2014, 02:11:21 am »

you can see him in swim trunks in battle if its any consolation...
It's FEF, not FEOF

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73592 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:48 am »

you can see him in swim trunks in battle if its any consolation...
That is not hilarious and/or embarrassing enough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73593 on: April 22, 2014, 03:07:01 am »

Check out the World of Darkness system.
I've played Genius on the WoD system. It was ok, but it disappeared right-quick.

So have I! I was an alcoholic sniper-mathematician. I miss that game... twas fun...

Just so everyone knows, I'm not ignoring your PMs.  Not in the... actually ignoring them way. I'm reading them. Just kind of too emotionally overwhelmed to respond right now. Easter was fun but I'm wiped.
:)
:))
:D

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73594 on: April 22, 2014, 05:40:52 am »

My eyes hurt, I can't think straight and one of my teachers apparently doesn't understand the concept of a public holiday. Bleeugh.

Well, we're back home now, she's got a prescription for a new medicine that should help with the nausea.
Right now, she's laying down, trying to sleep, and cuddling our cats, so she seems to be doing relatively better.

Oh good.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73595 on: April 22, 2014, 05:43:33 am »

I thought she wasn't responding to chemo?
She wasn't responding to the one she was on.
She's on a new kind, now, the last thing they can try.
Today was her first day with it.
Good to hear.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73596 on: April 22, 2014, 07:21:33 am »

Feeling extreme angst and apprehension about going back to school...
Check:
-Is there any homework due for the first day back?
-Are there any projects you have to hand in?
-When is your next test?
-Do you need anything for any of your classes?
-Do your parents need to sign anything?

Then, if/when all of the above are true, relax. I'm afraid I can't help you with this part, as this is the step I usually get stuck on.

Good luck!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73597 on: April 22, 2014, 07:54:45 am »

Also do remember that not everyone is a jerk. :D There are good peoples out there, Cmega!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73598 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:59 am »

Lies and slander.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73599 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:51 am »

all people are terrible

dehumanize yourself and face to niceness

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73600 on: April 22, 2014, 09:20:15 am »

Ahh... back pain's back. Pretty much every movement feels like someone driving a spike into my spine. Including breathing, half the time. Gonna' be at least two weeks until I can get to a doctor about it, too. Not the first time it's happened, but... sucks. Will suck more. Terrible timing, to boot, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #73601 on: April 22, 2014, 09:26:46 am »

Sounds bad. My dad has something similar from time to time, but the doctors usually look into it soon enough. They prescribed him morphine once, and you start morphine on the lowest dosage then work your way up to higher doses. They gave him the maximum by accident. Idiots. Could have done serious harm, thankfully it only knocked him out and made him say funny things...and then go cold turkey when he got off them. Ah well, he got over it. It's no where near as bad as the time they gave my granny penicillin, when her form expressly said that she was allergic to it. That could have killed her, but thankfully didn't. Still, 89 is a bad age to have allergic reactions.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73602 on: April 22, 2014, 10:08:20 am »

Tomorrow morning (abominably early) I'll need to ring my manager at the new job I just started, almost undoubtedly waking them, and inform them that I can't go to work because I don't have the fuel.
I continually underestimate the first week between the realms of the unemployed and the employed... The dreaded paycheck zone...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73603 on: April 22, 2014, 10:18:21 am »

Check out the World of Darkness system.
I do prefer FATE to WoD for hero-point-systemy-things, but I do like WoD's character creation better, and when it comes to making character-driven narratives, they're both very, very far ahead of D&D certain other systems, which tend to emphasize plot-driven narratives (that is to say, your characters are taking part in a story, rather than BEING the story, which is certainly fun but it's a different kind of fun). I also highly recommend a look at Burning Wheel, although the author's tone drives me bonkers.
What's WoD's character creation like? Of those two, I only know FATE's, which I like because it encourages players to develop some sort of personal relationship with the other characters and it allows the players to do some minor world-building through their Aspects (and possibly more if you include City/Setting Creation in the group character-building process). Not that I have much experience with this, since the one time I've played FATE (a Dresden Files one-shot), the GM made characters for us to save time, but I will after this Thursday, since our group has agreed we should actually do group creation for the new Fate Core wuxia setting we'll be playing.

Also, I'm starting to feel like we need to start a tabletop rpg discussion thread, since this really isn't appropriate for the sad thread.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73604 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:40 am »

In all the games I've ever GM'd, which were not many, I have to confess, I've implemented a "fate point" or "drama point" system, inspired by Warhammer roleplay, which so far has been very much liked by the players. The idea is that every character has a certain number of said points and can spend them for various effects in-game. Usually, we use the following rules: one point spent means something likely but not guaranteed happens (a guard at the gates turns out to be a lazy bum and half-asses the search of your cart), two points spent mean something unlikely happens (an otherwise mortal blow just clips your shoulder and drops you to the ground dazed instead) and three points spent mean something very improbable but still possible happens (the enemy crew turns out to be dead drunk due to the captain's birthday party the night before and takes appropriately large stat penalties). Points are awarded by the consesus of players and GM for good roleplaying and impressive in-character deeds.

One of my friends used... in GURPS, I think it was, a plot point to make it the commader of a station's birthday so there were very few guards.

They were SUPPOSED to capture the station. They nuked it in the end.
This reminds me of a Marvel Super Heroes game I was in, where we were fighting Quicksilver and a bunch of random mooks on top of a skyscraper. We ended up with Quicksilver dead, the random mooks dead (keep in mind that killing anyone in MSH was a big no-no and you lost all Karma points), the top several floors of the building destroyed in a nuclear explosion, and most of the team in an ICU.

Spectacular fails included:
-A huge bruiser character getting knocked off the building. A flying power armor character zoomed down to catch him, but failed his roll and winded up getting slammed into the pavement and knocked unconcsious. It did manage to save the bruiser though (also knocked unconscious).
-My character (whose only powers were Flight and Density Manipulation) using his powers to basically become a flying brick (that....was actually his superhero name - The Flying Brick) and hitting Quicksilver square on, no mean feat considering he was zipping all over the place. Unfortunately, the knockback sent him flying over the edge to his death. Oops.
-Another character getting a critical shot on what we thought to be a mind-controlled Luke Cage. Unfortunately, it was an android imposter, and the critical shot caused it to self-destruct (and it was nuclear-powered). Cue large boom.

We were supposed to have another chapter that night, but with everybody in intensive care and wanted for murder..... :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 4905 4906 [4907] 4908 4909 ... 8167