Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435383 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71325 on: March 17, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »

I finally got my fifty grams of caffeine to make myself a little less... sleepy in the morning.

Problem is, it's in a non-resealable bag, and I don't have anything to put it in. Now I could try using all fifty grams at once, but that might would probably will definitely kill me.

edit: accidentally a word
Do you have a bread-tie, and does the bag have a mouth long enough to use that bread-tie on it? Might work until you get something more permanent.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71326 on: March 17, 2014, 04:22:24 pm »

I finally got my fifty grams of caffeine to make myself a little less... sleepy in the morning.

Problem is, it's in a non-resealable bag, and I don't have anything to put it in. Now I could try using all fifty grams at once, but that might would probably will definitely kill me.

50 grams of caffeine as in a pure, chemical compound?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #71327 on: March 17, 2014, 04:38:01 pm »

50 grams of caffeine as in a pure, chemical compound?

Relatively pure, I presume. Caffeine is relatively easy to extract, after all that's how making coffee works.

Let me explain my sads yesterday...

In 2-4 days my mom will be shouting at me about how irresponsible I am, how unsociable the computer is making me and how I waste so much potential and she has sacrificed so much for me and how can ai be so ungrateful and there's people starving outside and I'm gonna ruin my life. I'll probably get belt
lashed or worse, and won't be able to talk to you guys for at least a month, probably two to four.

Add to this the fact that school has been as bad as ever, my classmates/friends are still being idiots, three teachers are angry at me, gaslighting is still going on (not as bad as some people have it, but it's still there) and I don't know what's right or wrong or what is going on.

I just... Can't. I can't anymore.

I can't really thing of anything intelligent to say, so all I'll say is:
*hugs*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71328 on: March 17, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

Relatively pure, I presume. Caffeine is relatively easy to extract, after all that's how making coffee works.
Pure caffeine can really, really kill you. It's like capsaicin: good diluted but wrecks you body when pure.

In 2-4 days my mom will be shouting at me about how irresponsible I am, how unsociable the computer is making me and how I waste so much potential and she has sacrificed so much for me and how can ai be so ungrateful and there's people starving outside and I'm gonna ruin my life. I'll probably get belt
lashed or worse, and won't be able to talk to you guys for at least a month, probably two to four.

Add to this the fact that school has been as bad as ever, my classmates/friends are still being idiots, three teachers are angry at me, gaslighting is still going on (not as bad as some people have it, but it's still there) and I don't know what's right or wrong or what is going on.

Why would your mom be angry at you? Did you fail at school?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:08:16 pm by Knit tie »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71329 on: March 17, 2014, 05:23:55 pm »

Moms be like that. Always, even when you're thirty and married.

What helps is that you need to get big cat to hug you when you feel down.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71330 on: March 17, 2014, 05:27:10 pm »

Pure caffeine can really, really kill you. It's like capsaicin: good diluted but wrecks you body when pure.
According to the instruction that came with it, it ought to be enough to kill me ~8 times.

It´s not like I'm planning on snorting it by the gramme >.>

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71331 on: March 17, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »

That feeling as you're struggling with something like putting your resume together and suspecting that you're really not all that bright, after all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71332 on: March 17, 2014, 05:44:57 pm »

Maybe just having trouble auctioning yourself off like a piece of meat? That bit of the whole resume thing keeps bothering me, personally, along the the constant implicit -- and sometimes explicit -- suggestions to misrepresent yourself.

... which is to say I totes empathize. Resume creation has been a thorn in my side for a while now :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71333 on: March 17, 2014, 05:46:14 pm »

I don't think we talked before, but please believe me when I say I care, because I really do. I don't have anything coherent to say, but you should know that I read this post and many fucks were given. Belt-lashed? What kind of person even does that anymore? I mean, I apparently live in a cold feudal place with no human rights whatsoever, but even here this shit doesn't fly. What the hell. Just what.

I wish for stuff to get better for you. I know it sounds kinda impotent, but I'm an internet person, not a real one. Still, I'm not indifferent at all, if that helps any.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #71334 on: March 17, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »

how unsociable the computer is making me
how unsociable the computer is making me

tl;dr Sorry about your mom being a helicopter parent and having overly high expectations of you. You should probably talk to her about that. Unless she's a total bitch who won't listen to her child's own opinions. Then all I can suggest is "Move out once you can."

Hopefully I didn't offend you or anything C. I'm only a stranger over the internet, I only know so much about your situation. This was fun to tear apart though. I admit your mom being so uptight about you not being "social enough" pisses me off, that probably prompted me to write all this. It seems like an incredibly stupid trivial thing to ground and beat one's child over. Good luck with all that other stuff. Don't let it stress you out too much.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71335 on: March 17, 2014, 05:56:11 pm »

That feeling as you're struggling with something like putting your resume together and suspecting that you're really not all that bright, after all.
That feeling when you try to do anything at all and realize that you're not very bright, just as you suspected all along.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71336 on: March 17, 2014, 06:02:48 pm »

I don't have that much advice for actually living in that situation, but if it's bad at home I would like to suggest graduating high school early.  Check if your state has any kind of online classes.  If so, take them. In addition for allowing you to possibly get out of school a year early, they have other, unseen benefits.    If there is something you are struggling in, and you know for a fact you won't be using that class in life, take it online and cheat away.  You are not forced to listen and sit to boring lectures, and instead can just read through the material, do whatever "Classwork" might be assigned, and then take the test with the notes right in front of you.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71337 on: March 17, 2014, 06:14:55 pm »

I'm sorry, I really hope things get better for you and I hope your mother realises how much she is hurting you with all this.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71338 on: March 17, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

cmega, I seriously feel for you. I had/have a slightly different version of that, and I know it totally sucks. Don't give up hope, though. Stay strong.

edit:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:53:38 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71339 on: March 17, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »

cmega, I seriously feel for you. I had/have a slightly different version of that, and I know it totally sucks. Don't give up hope, though. Stay strong.

edit:

she... she doesn't let you out of the house? Jesus christ, man, you sound like a hostage! I'm sorry, but by the sounds of it she'll keep you there until she's dead.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 8167