Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4701 4702 [4703] 4704 4705 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428192 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70530 on: February 25, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »

Just suffered another casualty this month. Not only is my cat still MIA, but tonight, just about an hour ago, I learned my sister's dog (A mini daschund) just died. Hit by a car, just in front of our house. I just spent the past few minutes cleaning up the scene and mourning our loss. Didn't help that unlike myself, everyone else is shattered by it (since our household pretty much adopted her). I haven't felt the full effect of it hit me yet (It'll get there), but when it does, I hope I mourn more completely with some dignity.

We're still waiting for a good opportunity to tell my sister of her loss.

Make matters worse, I just had a good mood uplift today after hanging out with my sisters earlier today. Especially getting uplifted by a story of how my sister went through something similar, except the cat returned occasionally (like months apart from each other). I was feeling really good today, and then I got the news. Man, my birthday aside, this month overall sucked.

I'm gonna miss hearing her running around upstairs from my room, and how she doubled as a security device/doorbell. In her honor, I'll go one last time around the block.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:25:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #70531 on: February 25, 2014, 11:03:25 pm »

Being sick sucks. Slept god-awfully last night due to a near constant river of mucus flowing either out of my nose or down my throat into my stomach. Decided to take a sick day from high school because I can probably afford it, could make up what little I missed, and because I felt like rubbish.

One day long break  of sleeping and nose-blowing later, I don't feel much better. Nose is still a faucet, stomach is full of mucus, throat is still kinda sore, and I feel like I'm ill. That feeling where you're tired and, uh, just generally sick, y'know. The worst is that my nose is just spewing liquids. How much fluid can my nose contain, like srsly. Make it stahp.

just about an hour ago, I learned my sister's dog (A mini daschund) just died.
-snip-

That sucks, rip in peace, adorable wiener dog.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #70532 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:24 pm »

Itnetlolor, that really sucks. :( My condolences.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70533 on: February 25, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

Being sick sucks. Slept god-awfully last night due to a near constant river of mucus flowing either out of my nose or down my throat into my stomach. Decided to take a sick day from high school because I can probably afford it, could make up what little I missed, and because I felt like rubbish.

One day long break  of sleeping and nose-blowing later, I don't feel much better. Nose is still a faucet, stomach is full of mucus, throat is still kinda sore, and I feel like I'm ill. That feeling where you're tired and, uh, just generally sick, y'know. The worst is that my nose is just spewing liquids. How much fluid can my nose contain, like srsly. Make it stahp.
Any sinus trouble? If so, a decongestant should clear large swaths of your problem up. I feel your pain.

just about an hour ago, I learned my sister's dog (A mini daschund) just died.
-snip-
Itnetlolor, that sucks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70534 on: February 26, 2014, 01:02:22 am »

Today, I was upset over something stupid.
The thing was that I went back to work today (I've had the past couple days off work because I've been feeling terrible, and had to go to the doctor.) and as usual, work made me annoyed.
...But, I wasn't angry.
Normally work makes me really mad, because of all the little things that goes on during it, and those same things were happening today, but, I wasn't getting mad over them today.
I think it has something to do with my new medication. It's been helping with the pain (quite a lot, actually), but one of the side-effects is that it makes me really dizzy (technically, I'm not supposed to drive while taking it) and it also seems to be affecting my mood.
I just... don't really care. I feel apathetic. There were things that would have made me mad, but I didn't feel mad. And I started to think, "Is this the medicine doing this?"
I should have been happy about it, being able to get through work without getting mad, but I felt... uncomfortable about it.
I don't like my emotions being controlled, or altered. Even if it's for the better, I want to feel like I'm being me, and I don't feel that way.

I should be ok with it, but I'm not. It makes me upset that it's keeping me from getting upset, which only upsets me more, but I don't feel upset. It's making me feel like I'm going crazy. And I'm super dizzy and don't feel like doing anything.

I don't know, pretty stupid sad for today, but I still wanted to vent.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #70535 on: February 26, 2014, 01:30:18 am »

snip

Could be that the medicine is causing depression as a side effect. A common description of feeling "depressed" is general apathy or lack of emotion to things that would otherwise get a reaction. Likewise, depression is often listed as a potential side effect of various medicines.

Unless the medicine is supposed to mess with one's brain/emotions/stuff, like antidepressants, I'd think that the dizziness and apathy are probably not supposed to happen. You could say that about all side effects, really. Point being, you may want to contact a doctor or someone about that, since such side effects probably weren't intended.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70536 on: February 26, 2014, 01:41:24 am »

Well, the dizziness is known, since it's printed in MASSIVE letters on the side of the bottle, but I hadn't thought of the possibility of it being depression, since I already usually feel depressed, and this feels... different from that.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70537 on: February 26, 2014, 01:43:11 am »

Yeah, contact that doc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70538 on: February 26, 2014, 01:45:54 am »

Well, I go back to the doctor's the day after tomorrow, so I'll be sure to bring it up to them then.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70539 on: February 26, 2014, 01:51:09 am »

Some time ago, I mentioned in the happy thread that I got into a relatively high-profile Scout event.

My troop canceled entering because we were one person short, and it was "too difficult".

* Arx facepalms.

And this morning there were maggots all over the floor. Cue forty-five minutes with a tin of bugspray and a broom, and I still didn't manage to get all of them. I empty the dustbin they were coming from and move it outside, and they keep on spawning from the cracks under the counters and I don't-know-where.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70540 on: February 26, 2014, 01:59:47 am »

Looking at an actual Chemistry Kit on the internet, remembering how my grandpa told me he used to practice chemistry at my age, how he got an original Golding Kit, back when they sold the chemicals to children instead of the "Look, you mix colored water and it makes new colors! OoooooOOOOooooo!" That they give kids nowadays. Yes, I think, this will be my birthday gift (I had no gifts from my parents and no party with friends this year). I shall finally be able to have a hobby of my own that I enjoy, not something I was forced to join. I will be learn something that can help me in life and enjoy.
*Cue lots of minutes of daydreaming
Sudenly, I notice something I hadn't seen before. There, in between the set's description and the lost of chemicals... Is it? No, no no no nononononononononoNO!

Shipping Note: This item contains regulated chemicals and only ships Economy or Ground to a street address in the 50 US states.

;-;

See, the thing is, many chemicals are, as the shipping note notes, regulated. Even something as basic as hydrochloric or sulfric acid is monitored because drug making.

Plus, mixing things and seeing water change color is a major part of chemistry, as long as we're talking about transition metal ions and not organic colorants. Hell, a major part of my actual chemistry labs was watching water change color or changing the color of flames of the Bunsen burner.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70541 on: February 26, 2014, 07:15:55 am »

You know when Windows says it's updating and you really shouldn't turn off your ocmputer?

Well, turns out you really shouldn't turn turn off your computer when it's doing that :<

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70542 on: February 26, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

You know when Windows says it's updating and you really shouldn't turn off your ocmputer?

Well, turns out you really shouldn't turn turn off your computer when it's doing that :<

That's how my step-dad's old laptop became defunct. It could never boot up properly again after someone unplugged it while it was installing an update.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70543 on: February 26, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »

Some time ago, I mentioned in the happy thread that I got into a relatively high-profile Scout event.

My troop canceled entering because we were one person short, and it was "too difficult".

* Arx facepalms.

And this morning there were maggots all over the floor. Cue forty-five minutes with a tin of bugspray and a broom, and I still didn't manage to get all of them. I empty the dustbin they were coming from and move it outside, and they keep on spawning from the cracks under the counters and I don't-know-where.
Sounds like a Dario Argento movie man that sounds hell of awful.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70544 on: February 26, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »

After tomorrow I won't have school for 10 days.
But somehow, I'm not happy about that. Maybe I'm just generally feeling bad and this isn't because of the vacation, but still, no school, I should be happy D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 4701 4702 [4703] 4704 4705 ... 8167