Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430019 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68475 on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:13 am »

* Haspen wanted to share his sads but suddenly it's that time for ladies so he can only wait the storm in a corner.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68476 on: December 25, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

The three cuties I like are in Germany,  California,  and Texas respectively. I.E. not!Canada. And Texas hasn't been talking to me, presumably because depression. I hope he's alright.

* Descan is Sadcan.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68477 on: December 25, 2013, 11:03:25 am »

Twice in the last week, Steam sales have almost conviced me to buy the PC rereleases of FFVII and FFVIII. This despite the fact that my perfect-condition black PS1 copies are literally sitting right next to me in the CD rack, and I almost never play VIII anymore because it's too damn easy.

Also, more a WTF than a sad, but after selling all my cards and snow globes, my Steam Wallet is sitting at $6.66. I don't even know how the prices I set things to could have resulted in that number.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:05:21 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68478 on: December 25, 2013, 11:07:26 am »

I would avoid the rereleases. Even if you get them on Steam, you still have to register for a SquareEnix account and log in just to play; no offline option IIRC. Pain in the ass and essentially extra DRM.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68479 on: December 25, 2013, 11:15:48 am »

The three cuties I like are in Germany,  California,  and Texas respectively. I.E. not!Canada. And Texas hasn't been talking to me, presumably because depression. I hope he's alright.

* Descan is Sadcan.
What? I'm not a cutie?
* AlleeCat is Sadcat.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68480 on: December 25, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

I would avoid the rereleases. Even if you get them on Steam, you still have to register for a SquareEnix account and log in just to play; no offline option IIRC. Pain in the ass and essentially extra DRM.

Generally, I don't give a shit about things like that. Not only do I already have a Squenix account (from FFXIV), I have no compunctions about cracking the problem away. My objection is more that I've repeatedly come very close to rebuying something I already own.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68481 on: December 25, 2013, 11:29:33 am »

* Descan is Sadcan.
What? I'm not a cutie?
* AlleeCat is Sadcat.
But I don't know where you live, so it wouldn't fit the schema.  If I wanted to mention EVERYONE I personally know and is a cutie, I think I would name nearly every country at least three times and break the post limit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68482 on: December 25, 2013, 11:45:19 am »

Yo I get that's a joke and you're being sarcastic but its still kind of... I'm not really able to think of the word for it. It's kind of misogynistic but it's another thing too. Like joking about black people enjoying fried chicken. Sure it's a joke, but people have been saying stuff like that seriously for decades with the express purpose of degrading women.
Like I said, I know it's a joke. I'm just saying it makes me uncomfortable.
I thought it was reasonable obvious that I considered my "lack of a proper pc" problem of a far less severe nature than Vectors pretty awful Shark Week...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68483 on: December 25, 2013, 11:51:40 am »

In another problem entirely, the addition of Japanese tanks to WoT has resulted in massive amounts of refusal to acknowledge that "jap" is a racial slur under the grounds that it's "just an abbreviation", pretty much anywhere that the game is discussed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68484 on: December 25, 2013, 11:57:24 am »

... is there an abbreviation for japan as a nation or nationality that isn't a racial slur? I actually have trouble with that one occasionally m'self, because it is a natural abbreviation and I have a terrible tendency to reduce things in syllables (which is an helluva' statement considering this sentence) and, well...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68485 on: December 25, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »

I sad because my brother can't even get up on a non-violently passive-aggressively telling us to all die side of the bed for a holiday. Still 100% asshole.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68486 on: December 25, 2013, 12:13:00 pm »

... is there an abbreviation for japan as a nation or nationality that isn't a racial slur? I actually have trouble with that one occasionally m'self, because it is a natural abbreviation and I have a terrible tendency to reduce things in syllables (which is an helluva' statement considering this sentence) and, well...
I've run into that on War Thunder as well. I tend to use JP. (which is it itself an abbreviation for military jet fuel, but....)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68487 on: December 25, 2013, 12:14:08 pm »

I've run into that on War Thunder as well. I tend to use JP. (which is it itself an abbreviation for military jet fuel, but....)

JPN?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68488 on: December 25, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »

I generally use IJA or IJN (Imperial Japanese Army/Navy).

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68489 on: December 25, 2013, 12:45:25 pm »

It would never have occoured to me "jap" would count as a racial slur, any more than Jerry or Tommy would for germans or british. Seems odd to me, especially as it is a direct abbreviation.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 8167