Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4563 4564 [4565] 4566 4567 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430132 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68460 on: December 23, 2013, 11:56:02 pm »

If you absolutely, positively must incapacitate an enemy: grab them by the armpit. Dig your fingers into their armpit as hard as you can (just inside the pectoral muscle is a pressure point,) and then dig your thumb into the spot where their shoulder and chest meet. When you do this, you have control over one of their arms and their center of gravity.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68461 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:38 am »

...Cheery. o_o

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #68462 on: December 24, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »

Feeling oddly sad this morning. Really not sure why.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68463 on: December 25, 2013, 06:21:42 am »

Is it just me or does it seem like there are only five concept artists in the entire world.  If there are lots of artists, they must be imitating each other.  All mainstream game art looks the same to me.  I get why this happens in animation.  There aren't many studios.  That isn't the case with games, though.  I'd love to see some of the older styles put back into circulation for some diversity.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68464 on: December 25, 2013, 06:30:04 am »

So, I got a million and one gift cards a few days ago for my birthday.

I just realized that I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY WALLET.

:( Wat do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68465 on: December 25, 2013, 07:16:27 am »

oh god this has got to be the worst period I've ever had

worst period

I keep wishing I could throw up to relieve some of the pain but that's the wrong organ system

ow
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68466 on: December 25, 2013, 07:21:10 am »

worst period

I keep wishing I could throw up to relieve some of the pain but that's the wrong organ system

ow
:(
/pat

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68467 on: December 25, 2013, 07:25:10 am »

thank you ;_;

it's 4 am do you know which postal code your organs in because I AM PRETTY SURE MINE ARE MIGRATING TO BERKELEY FOR THE WINTER
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68468 on: December 25, 2013, 08:25:31 am »

Never mind, Santa brought the stomach flu

HORK HORK HORK MERRY CHRISTMAS

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68469 on: December 25, 2013, 08:39:33 am »

Yeah I hope you feel better soon Vector
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68470 on: December 25, 2013, 08:42:01 am »

Yeah, I mostly wanted to make that joke.  I'm actually okay.  Usually (knock on wood) I have one session of vomiting and then I'm done for, like, 6 years.  And I'm feeling a lot better, so mostly it'll be a question of whether or not there's anyone we can buy oyster crackers or whatever from tomorrow.  Fortunately past-me graciously abstained from drinking my entire root beer supply, so I've got a bit of soda at the very least.

Thanks guys ;_;

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68471 on: December 25, 2013, 08:50:56 am »

Now, for someone with an actual problem :P :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68472 on: December 25, 2013, 09:04:16 am »

worst period

ow
Sometimes I wish I was born with a uterus, and then I hear stuff like this and my brain screams DO NOT WANT

Now, for someone with an actual problem :P :
Yo I get that's a joke and you're being sarcastic but its still kind of... I'm not really able to think of the word for it. It's kind of misogynistic but it's another thing too. Like joking about black people enjoying fried chicken. Sure it's a joke, but people have been saying stuff like that seriously for decades with the express purpose of degrading women.
Like I said, I know it's a joke. I'm just saying it makes me uncomfortable.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68473 on: December 25, 2013, 09:05:58 am »

worst period

ow
Sometimes I wish I was born with a uterus, and then I hear stuff like this and my brain screams DO NOT WANT
*Tiruin still pats.

For you and Vector! Hope you're both doing Ok :)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68474 on: December 25, 2013, 09:29:14 am »

worst period

ow
*Tiruin still pats.

For you and Vector! Hope you're both doing Ok :)
Not really, actually. It's my first Christmas away from any family and I haven't had a positive real life social interaction in over a month. It's a really dumb Catch 22 because I need good social time to keep from going insane but I'm scared to death of people. So I just end up watching Doctor Who in my underwear on the floor because I don't have a bed and very carefully wolfing down potato chips because my teeth are really sensitive right now and I have no idea why. Basically I just want something to go right and it's obviously not happening this year so I have to ride it out 'til next year.
Pages: 1 ... 4563 4564 [4565] 4566 4567 ... 8167