Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4393 4394 [4395] 4396 4397 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423102 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65910 on: September 24, 2013, 07:47:50 am »

Pressing my mouse wheel is making my graphics card shit its self and stop working for a few seconds. God damn it, I can't afford another any time soon.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:49:50 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65911 on: September 24, 2013, 07:50:59 am »

I'm pissing on my trousers with irritating frequency, because when I go to pee, the stream decides to split.
Yet another reason I always sit down.

...and that's all the advice I got for tonight.

Meanwhile in a genderbended parallel universe, female Solifuge is answering a similar but slightly altered question, to which she replies "And that's why I always piss standing up".

That's all I got.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65912 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »

I started playing Cookie Clicker. It's too late, there's no escape.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #65913 on: September 24, 2013, 02:18:16 pm »

Bad dreams. Besides the sleep paralysis I've never have nightmares and hope I'm not starting now.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65914 on: September 24, 2013, 02:31:11 pm »

I've started having more dreams too, but I'm not really sure if they're nightmares. They're just... weird.
Also, I've been getting more and more tired during the day, mostly because my quality of sleep is shit.
Really, the only reason I don't just collapse in school is because I seem to get energy from being around people.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65915 on: September 24, 2013, 03:38:03 pm »

I've started having more dreams too, but I'm not really sure if they're nightmares. They're just... weird.
Also, I've been getting more and more tired during the day, mostly because my quality of sleep is shit.
Really, the only reason I don't just collapse in school is because I seem to get energy from being around people.
I feel the other way around a lot of the time, like I have to put in a bunch of extra effort into being around people. Then again, this also stops me collapsing in the middle of the day because I'm drawing on more energy than I have anyway, so I just kind of go over that and proceed to act totally fine most of the time. Then I stop having to act like I do around people and I collapse and want to fall asleep.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65916 on: September 24, 2013, 06:16:51 pm »

Had a really long day, that involved a lot of sitting around and moving back and forth. I found out I'm going to have to redo the math homework I've done already, and then I got to sit through two different lengthy lectures where the person lecturing... basically wouldn't stop lecturing long after the point had been made. I seriously don't need to hear three different lengthy and poorly told anecdotes about what you're saying, one was enough, or heck not even that.

Then after all of this was done I spent some time helping someone with their math homework before heading home. Which was something I really didn't mind, it was kind of relaxingly easy to do, but it's all left me very exhausted.

On the up side I got to meet some cool people, and I got an insane amount of hugs, some of them very good hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65917 on: September 24, 2013, 06:20:31 pm »

Bad dreams. Besides the sleep paralysis I've never have nightmares and hope I'm not starting now.

oh god, i used to get bad dreams almost bimonthly back in the day, they have largely subsided thank god. I was the most low energy kid.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65918 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »

I feel the other way around a lot of the time, like I have to put in a bunch of extra effort into being around people. Then again, this also stops me collapsing in the middle of the day because I'm drawing on more energy than I have anyway, so I just kind of go over that and proceed to act totally fine most of the time. Then I stop having to act like I do around people and I collapse and want to fall asleep.
I've noticed myself going from pretty much taking a nap on my desk to jumping and yelling across the room in German almost instantly, just because one of my friends showed up.
Then they leave, and... Timber!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65919 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »

Taking a week off work with the hopes of getting productive things done and relaxing. I've realized that I've become so overburdened with pointless obligations that I will get to pick one of those things, and do a subpar job of it at that. I will have one day basically to myself, and that's still going to be a plasma donation. Between travel, a class (which, now that I've finished, I can say was a waste of time and money), that half a shift I picked up for a desperate friend, searching for a roommate, and all that little stuff you have to do to maintain Responsible Adulthood, I'm shitting over 5 days I could've used for something I'd actually enjoy.

I realize I'm complaining about not having enough nice things, but even so, it's very frustrating to know exactly how much time I'm wasting on things that I'm expected to do sometime.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65920 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:08 pm »

The bus I was supposed to take was 40 minutes late.  I didn't stay there and wait for it--I walked home, of course.  But it finally caught up with me after I'd walked for about 40 minutes.  I think I'm going to make this a thing, because after 8 hours of sitting at work it's nice to walk home (was planning to take walks every evening anyhow). . . and this particular bus hasn't been on time once. . . But that means I'm going to lose a substantial amount of money on pre-paid bus fare over the next 30 days, about $40 or so. 

Also, I'm pretty lonely.  I have a couple parties this weekend (one birthday, one housemoving) and a couple friends to go see and a professor who may be inviting me to dinner at her house, but the person running the RPG that I thought would be a weekly thing this year has apparently decided he's never talking to me again or something.  I left my phone at home last Friday so I didn't get his late-last-night Facebook message that we were finally going to have a session, someone dropped out, and despite my four or five attempts to contact him back through different media he hasn't said anything since then.  So, yeah.  There's that.

Most of those things aren't recurring, anyway, which is the point.  Just feeling kind of bleh.  I don't think I have time to do anything special tonight.  Just cook, clean, process the Mafia game, send off more notes on poetry translations.

PPE: Ugh, I may not get to do anything tomorrow night, either.  The professor just sent me a snide email asking me if I even read the last translation (of course I had. . . there just wasn't anything wrong with it, grammatically speaking, so I focused on the poetics).  Probably going to blow much of tomorrow night working in his office.

Kinda sad.  I didn't want to put in my 8.5 hours today for this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65921 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:59 pm »

I don't think I have time to do anything special tonight.  Just cook

Well There it is right there! Make some comfort food like Chicken Noodle Soup or a Nacho Dip.

Or if you want something healthier a good vegetable stir fry (I love stirfry without meat... or chicken)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65922 on: September 24, 2013, 10:40:17 pm »

I'm sad that I blew up at Hans because of irrational anger in the IRC.

Hans, bby. Come back ;v;

(except don't since I left the channel so that won't really accomplish anything. Poor namad, left all alone. :v)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65923 on: September 24, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »

Sad that someone-who-I-shall-not-name did something for absolutely arbitrary reasons which made no sense and were apparently dependent on him predicting that Toady would not like it. Fucking hell.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65924 on: September 24, 2013, 10:42:53 pm »

I'm sad that I blew up at Hans because of irrational anger in the IRC.

Hans, bby. Come back ;v;

(except don't since I left the channel so that won't really accomplish anything. Poor namad, left all alone. :v)

Yeah people always seem to say how therapeutic getting angry is. I don't think I ever once felt good about blowing up at someone.
Pages: 1 ... 4393 4394 [4395] 4396 4397 ... 8167