Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4271 4272 [4273] 4274 4275 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438489 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64080 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33:47 pm »

Stupid sexy coworkers.
Wait - how sexy? How stupid? And what proportion would be ideal?

(And what proportions would be ideal? :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64081 on: July 23, 2013, 01:42:20 pm »

Very sexy, and actually quite intelligent but the Simpsons reference required that phrasing. It's just that they're all already seeing somebody and/or leaving town forever next week. Honestly it's for the best that I remain vaguely frustrated at being unable to ask, on account of avoiding potential workplace awkwardness and also I don't really have time for a relationship. And I also pretty clearly don't care all that much, since if I did I'd be investing any effort at all into finding somebody to date, as opposed to consistently being completely passive about it.

It's basically just that emotional urge telling me I ought to be in a relationship piping up. Irritating.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64082 on: July 23, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

Well, that urge has evolved to be very persuasive.
Very. Persuasive.

But you're still better off than me: Friday I'll be finding out if that girl who I have seen a total of maybe three times, who I have pretty much no common aquaintances with and who has just come back from China is still seeing that random physics student.
With my luck, she probably is.

As I said: Very persuasive.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64083 on: July 23, 2013, 05:00:50 pm »

It certainly tries, that's for sure. Fortunately, I've managed to lock it down for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64084 on: July 23, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

Does anyone know anything about the most recent ban?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64085 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »

Brainfreez got banned? Wut.
I know nothing, but it's still odd.
Sig! Onol

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64086 on: July 23, 2013, 09:32:25 pm »

Nope. There was another one?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64087 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64088 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »

brainfreez? He made a rather offensive comment here. Someone probably reported him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64089 on: July 23, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

Oooooh I know who it was.
Sig! Onol

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64090 on: July 23, 2013, 09:42:11 pm »

It's basically just that emotional urge telling me I ought to be in a relationship piping up. Irritating.
This occurs for five minutes with me every time someone mentions having a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife

My body basically goes 'You're aloooooooooone!' at me.
Happens to me from time to time. But given my tendency to insult people i like, i probably won't get a girlfriend soon.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64091 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »

When i said insult i more meant sarcasm practically oozes out of my body, which i can't help, both of my parents and my brother were like that too.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64092 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:44 pm »

When i said insult i more meant sarcasm practically oozes out of my body, which i can't help, both of my parents and my brother were like that too.
Deadpan snarking is a better way of doing sarcasm. It tends to also be more amusing for non-victims. Twenty years in the future.
That article describes me pretty well, actually.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64093 on: July 23, 2013, 09:54:47 pm »

brainfreez? He made a rather offensive comment here. Someone probably reported him.

Hmm, yeah offensive but I've seen worse posts (imo) that haven't resulted in bans.  It seemed more like a stupid comment made by someone who's intoxicated or just not thinking clearly than anything made to be deliberately insulting or hurtful.

So admittedly I'm not sure how bans work on this forum.  Is it more of a permanent thing or temporary?

Oh and my sad for today is that I've had really intensely weird nightmares for the last couple nights and I don't know why. :-\
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64094 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:55 pm »

Bans are permanent, and usually with good cause.

I'm wondering if our argument had anything to do with it.  In case you're wondering, I didn't report him... I almost exclusively report spambots.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4271 4272 [4273] 4274 4275 ... 8167