Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4272 4273 [4274] 4275 4276 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435102 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64095 on: July 23, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »

Judging by later comments in the thread, I'd guess he was reported by Descan. Nobody else made comments that said they thought that was offensive. Don't know why he'd get banned for, as I far as I can tell, only one offense, though.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64096 on: July 23, 2013, 10:09:37 pm »

Judging by later comments in the thread, I'd guess he was reported by Descan. Nobody else made comments that said they thought that was offensive. Don't know why he'd get banned for, as I far as I can tell, only one offense, though.
Eh I'd guess this guy, judging by the foreshadowing post he made:

I suppose it's just my love of scale talking. The original trilogy, despite everything good about them, felt very small and character-centric. Sure, that's probably what made them good to an extent, but there were so many hints at stuff happening outside the main plot line that I was frustrated throughout the series for not exploring them. I wanted to know more about the setting, not the characters. Funny thing is, I've watched several movies (ie Looper) where this exact thing happened that should have made me pine for moar detail, but I didn't. Probably because it was set in one primary location while SW was literally around the galaxy and I couldn't get my mind off that.

That's pretty much a big difference between modern sci-fi and ye olden sci-fi of yesteryear two decades ago. Older movies were often more character focused, as much because of the budget and available special effects as anything else. I think that tended to make them better actors because they were still the focus of the scene and they knew it. Actors who are in front of a green screen for large swathes of the movie lose some of that. They're also reacting to things that often aren't there too, which can make many things seem awkward until CGI swoops in to edit them. They are, in a sense, sidecast along the CGI presentation that is trying to express the world building you want, and I think the acting is often weaker for it.

I can't imagine how much they payed to the pot head they found under the bridge for selling all of his honor and giving up everything that makes him human just to put up the jarjar costume and act like a fag on camera.
brainfreez how did we even manage with you gone.

Shall we find out?

But who knows?  I suppose it doesn't really matter so long as Toady thought it was deserving of a ban.  I just didn't think it was intended to be offensive and that it wasn't as bad as some of the other posts I've seen before.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64097 on: July 23, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »

Oh shit, I didn't notice that. Now that is a blatantly obvious sign that nenjin reported him. Oh well, not like he would have lasted long if he continued making comments like that, anyways.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64098 on: July 23, 2013, 10:21:21 pm »

I don't think I've ever reported anyone except that Vector-mocking poster.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64099 on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »

True, I don't personally believe it was deserving of a ban, but maybe it was something else.
Besides, if you've seen Brainfreez's posts at all in the B12 space program, you'll know that he was essentially hallucinogens incarnate.
Wait, he had an argument with Vector? This is new.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64100 on: July 23, 2013, 10:38:57 pm »

Different guy, Xantalos. Someone posted as a mocking fake-profile of Vector.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64101 on: July 23, 2013, 10:40:39 pm »

I remember that, but did brainfreez ever get in an argument with Vector?
I vaguely remember something that may have been it.
Sig! Onol

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64102 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »

When i said insult i more meant sarcasm practically oozes out of my body
I have that. It's a serious medical condition. You have no idea how hard it is to get a tan with that.

brainfreez? He made a rather offensive comment here. Someone probably reported him.
Aw man, brainfreez got banned? Bummer, dude. His posts were always interesting little quirky things.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64103 on: July 23, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »

When i said insult i more meant sarcasm practically oozes out of my body
I have that. It's a serious medical condition. You have no idea how hard it is to get a tan with that.
I know what you mean. The trail of sarcasm that gets all over the floor is annoying as well.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64104 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:20 pm »

It was more like a short pissing contest.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64105 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:12 am »

It was more like a short pissing contest.
So what/where did this thing happen(ed)?
Sig! Onol

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64106 on: July 24, 2013, 12:25:08 am »

Vector said something about having to go deal with someone that was doing some "mathsplaining". I think someone offered to help, then brainfreez said something along the lines of "don't help him, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"... At which point Vector explained she wasn't a man, at which point brainfreez expressed great surprise that there was a woman in the strictly men only internet... Then I think he went on to say something about how she was just one of the guys anyway... and I never actually realized how incredibly condescending that attitude can seem before this happened.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:29:48 am by Pnx »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64107 on: July 24, 2013, 12:26:49 am »

Oh yeah that incident. IIRC he was genuinely embarrassed or at least contrite about that, so I dunno. Not really gonna ask, just be a bit sad for a bit.
Sig! Onol

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64108 on: July 24, 2013, 12:27:13 am »

Though that happened, it is not what I am talking about. What I am talking about happened a great deal of time ago, 4-6 months or more. T'was the only time I reported someone.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64109 on: July 24, 2013, 12:59:57 am »

Vector said something about having to go deal with someone that was doing some "mathsplaining". I think someone offered to help, then brainfreez said something along the lines of "don't help him, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"... At which point Vector explained she wasn't a man, at which point brainfreez expressed great surprise that there was a woman in the strictly men only internet... Then I think he went on to say something about how she was just one of the guys anyway... and I never actually realized how incredibly condescending that attitude can seem before this happened.

Oh yeah that incident. IIRC he was genuinely embarrassed or at least contrite about that, so I dunno. Not really gonna ask, just be a bit sad for a bit.

I didn't think he was serious.  The way he wrote all that felt tongue-in-cheek to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4272 4273 [4274] 4275 4276 ... 8167