Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438482 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64065 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:11 pm »

Then go to another psychiatrist - odds are the one you saw was nothing extraordinary; couldn't you get money from family members, depending on the sum, of course?
(Huge difference between psychiatrists and psychologists, btw: Apparently psychiatrists consider psychologists "not real doctors", while psychologists consider psychiatrists "pretentious douchebags". I may be wrong, though ;) )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64066 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55:59 pm »

couldn't you get money from family members?

Haha no.

What I forgot to mention though was that I'm now gainfully employed, so I can just pay my own way, whereas before I couldn't.

Then go to another psychiatrist - odds are the one you saw was nothing extraordinary.

Probably true, but confessing the stupid embarrassing shit in my life was hard enough for the first one. I don't want to have to start over with a new one. Even though the old one probably doesn't remember, I'd feel a bit better.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64067 on: July 22, 2013, 03:17:40 pm »

Yeah... one of the nicer things about going to a professional about stuff like that is there's a good chance you've got legal protection in regards to them saying jack to anyone without your permission. There's exceptions (usually regarding illegal stuff) and it varies in severity and extent from area to area, but there's a pretty good chance that if you talk to a doctor and they talk to someone else without your go ahead, it could cost them their job (and possibly a great deal of money)... and they're very much aware of this. I personally find that a pretty strong balm for embarrassment. S'long as it's not getting out in to the wild, so to speak, whatever you end up talking about has a lot less of a chance of having social (or otherwise) repercussions.

S'nice to be able to talk to someone knowing you've got their reproductive organs in a vice when it comes to further transmission of information. Social/legal MAD can make the best of friendships.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64068 on: July 22, 2013, 03:22:37 pm »

Also, people who are established the medical and therapeutic professions have likely long since heard and seen just about everything. I doubt your problems, no matter how severe they are, will overcome the jaded experience of even a green psychiatrist.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #64069 on: July 22, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

And goddamnit, I'm simply not sure what it up with Steam. Now it seems that any Steam game I play has a habit of randomly derping and then there's intense runaway cpu usage, focing it to crash, and I'm simply not sure what's causing it. Considering a spent about 20$ on the steam sale, on games I probably can't play because of this issue, I'm a little frustrated.

I noticed Steam using about 15% CPU awhile ago. When you consider 4 cores and hyperthreading, I think the last update left it borking a little bit at the moment.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64070 on: July 22, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

I have also had issues. Seems like everything connected is taking up more now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64071 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:30 pm »

I have a shitty laptop and Steam isn't causing any more problems than usual before the update.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64072 on: July 22, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »

The companies want us to buy super good PC's.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64073 on: July 22, 2013, 05:04:23 pm »

Plea deal for "treatment" (90 days jail and 90 suspended meaning no jail if you don't screw up). Turns out "treatment" includes about a week or two of jail until a bed opens up in rehab....

I'm not accusing the prosecutor of hiding the ball on this one, because I honestly do not think he did based upon my past experiences with him. However, that is a massive miscommunication and I feel I was denied critical need to know information.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64074 on: July 23, 2013, 12:57:16 am »

nadflkajdfljasldjf fucking job applications jadafkjdljalsdjfdlasfd

*starts snoring fitfully*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64075 on: July 23, 2013, 12:58:24 am »

Man, I know how that goes >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64076 on: July 23, 2013, 01:10:37 am »

Man, I know how that goes >_>
As do I. Fukken job people.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64077 on: July 23, 2013, 06:57:17 am »

I have realized in hindsight that I may never get to meet most of the relatives on my mother's side, for they are scattered in between New York and Japan. I have uncles, aunts, and cousins in both the United States and Asia I will never meet and my correspondence with my sole living grandparent is sparse at best. It kind of does make me sad to say the least.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64078 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:11 am »

I lost most of my DS and 3DS games. I don't know where to. I just checked for where I usually have my games and around 1/3 of them were still there. Thankfully it was the 1/3 that I most care about, but still...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64079 on: July 23, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »

Stupid sexy coworkers.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 8167