Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4231 4232 [4233] 4234 4235 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430012 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63480 on: July 06, 2013, 01:16:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This... this is almost exactly how I feel.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63481 on: July 06, 2013, 03:04:01 pm »

I get freaked out by it too, if I allow myself to think about it.  It's so easy to imagine some kind of mega-gigantic mouth with a couple dozen 50 ft tentacles attached lurking below.

So I don't allow myself to think about it.  Generally works out ok.  Swimming in natural water tends to be a lot more fun than pools.  Never really understood the fun in pools.  I'm like "Ok. I'm in water now..... yup."  There's slides, but just going down a slide over and over again starts to feel dumb after so many repetitions.  Natural water has currents and stuff that provide some challenge and an element of exploration, so it feels worth the effort to swallow down some irrational fears.
Oh man.  Are you okay with showers?
Showers are fine, but swimming freaks me the hell out. Even if I can stand in the water, once I attempt to leave my feet, my brain goes into overload.

I've got a similar issue. I can swim amazingly well, and I'm sure I could tread water for days if necessary, but water that is deep enough that I can't see the bottom just freaks me right the fuck out. Irrational as it is, I'm always worried something is down there watching me.
Hey, just imagine me as the monster!
Wait that'll make it worse never mind.
We could always send MZ after you. His awesome facepunching powers vs your eldritch mind-rapeing powers. And I'll be selling tickets.
Hell' I'd pay to watch that!
And I could, too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63482 on: July 06, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

I think my brain hates me.

I presently find computer games boring because my brain is going 'I want staaaaarbooooooooooound!', so I can play video games for about an hour, then I get bored out of my mind, and my brain instantly goes 'well, if you had starbound...'

It's not out, brain! Stop being so irritating!
I had that with Terraria. I was so damn glad there was a leaked version of that :P

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #63483 on: July 06, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

I learnt I failed to validate my second semester.  :'(
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63484 on: July 06, 2013, 05:34:49 pm »

I think my brain hates me.

I presently find computer games boring because my brain is going 'I want staaaaarbooooooooooound!', so I can play video games for about an hour, then I get bored out of my mind, and my brain instantly goes 'well, if you had starbound...'

It's not out, brain! Stop being so irritating!
I had that with Terraria. I was so damn glad there was a leaked version of that :P
I had that for a couple weeks with Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I'm glad I managed to get copies of them somehow after getting my new place this past June.

Also, I'm kind of saddened by the fact that for the second time this week my friend has managed to ditch me and not even provide any explanation why he didn't keep his word that he would come visit me and that we would hang out. What's worse this time though is it's the day after the fact and he is still not answering his phone. I don't like worrying about people because it stresses me out but now I'm worried.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63485 on: July 06, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »

I wish I didn't get so angry at myself for failing a round of Brain Age. The sessions of training last around 5 minutes, but I make a mistake and then I panick, my memory wipes itself clean as part of some subconscious reflex, and then I can't remember all the stuff that you need to remember in one of the games and I just keep panicking and it's a downward spiral. I fail that round and then I go into the next round fuming pissed, and I can't concentrate.

Damnit. I can't help but feel I wouldn't be getting so angry over stupid shit if my life were less lonely and more fulfilled.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63486 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

Blah

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63487 on: July 06, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

I'm 26 and the closest I've ever gotten to a girl barely counts as even a fling.
My friends managed to convince a girl in a bowling alley to hug me once on my birthday. That's about it really. Admittedly I'm an asshole so it's my fault.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63488 on: July 06, 2013, 10:23:22 pm »

I'm 26 and the closest I've ever gotten to a girl barely counts as even a fling.
My friends managed to convince a girl in a bowling alley to hug me once on my birthday. That's about it really. Admittedly I'm an asshole so it's my fault.
Pretty similar to me. Admittedly I'm only 16, but I also don't have more then maybe 5 friends and not even relatively close ones, so it evens out.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #63489 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »

He sounds like quite the accomplished sociopath.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63490 on: July 07, 2013, 01:56:38 am »

Meh, not in the mood to argue on bay12 today.

Usually am.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63491 on: July 07, 2013, 03:16:58 am »

He sounds like quite the accomplished sociopath.
Yep, they sometimes get that way. I'm glad I was raised better this time around, or I'd have ended up like that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63492 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:58 am »

I'm not joking, kidding, or exaggerating a single thing in that post. Not, one, thing. He, is just, Evil. And he, and the thought of people like him, has affected every aspect of my life irreparably. Anyone ever see Fanny and Alexander? That movie fits my situation in a lot of ways, especially in the things the evil stepfather, a Bishop, does, Including beating the children, threatening to take custody of both of the children as well as the new one on the way, and his sleeping-pill induced rant where he says he will hunt them from city to city to ruin their lives (which my father has not said he will do, but simply does without prompting).At the end, the bishop dies.

However, at the Christening of the two sibling's new half-sister, The boy sibling, Alexander, the elder one and the main character, encounters The Bishop's Ghost. The Bishop knocks the boy to the ground and says "You will never be free of me". That's how I feel about my father.[/spoiler]

I'm quite surprised you would know of that movie. On the plus side, feeling that way about your father brings you in the same company as Bergman himself, given that the story is basically about him and his "Daemons", as he called them. On the other hand, being in the company of Bergman might not be a particularly positive thing :P

I'm sorry to hear that, though. I hope you'll be okay, and that your father dies of a heart attack doing whatever perverted things it is he's so open about.
Love, scriver~

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63493 on: July 07, 2013, 08:37:00 am »

Felt okay when I woke up, but now it's like I'm hungover without having drank. A complete lack of motivation doesn't help either.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63494 on: July 07, 2013, 01:15:17 pm »

I'm quite surprised you would know of that movie. On the plus side, feeling that way about your father brings you in the same company as Bergman himself, given that the story is basically about him and his "Daemons", as he called them. On the other hand, being in the company of Bergman might not be a particularly positive thing
Well my mom remains dedicated to educating her children well, and despite her flaws she does it rather well. Plus, well, it fits...
I'm sorry to hear that, though. I hope you'll be okay, and that your father dies of a heart attack doing whatever perverted things it is he's so open about.
He actually had a heart attack recently (I didn't even underestimate how fat the guy is). Pretty serious one, many of arteries were plugged. He walked it off in a couple of days. And he immediately used it to postpone a court date he was actually in NYC for by 3 months. In fact, I still suspect it was a bit too convenient (He once admitted to me that he got out of the draft using a combination of drugs and sleep deprivation, and I he has had drugs of various types before.). As for his perversions, it mostly a question of public decency. I mean, he goes to a Starbucks and looks at what he looks at, and that was only if he thought he couldn't do it at home, which he sometimes does anyway.

So hot!

I'm fine with warm. I'm fine with cool. I'm not fine with nearly thirty degrees (Celsius, obviously)
I've abandoned clothing and I'm wearing my dressing gown instead. More breezy. It wasn't helped when the only T-shirt I had left was an old one that barely fits that I need to keep on stretching else it decides to conform to my not-so-shapely figure.
I prefer cold weather to hot weather. Cold is simply more enjoyable to me, and it is often easier to warm yourself up then it is to cool down.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:19:28 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 4231 4232 [4233] 4234 4235 ... 8167