Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4144 4145 [4146] 4147 4148 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453594 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62175 on: May 23, 2013, 01:33:21 am »

When I was a kid, I once found a tick in my fucking ear. Scared the shit out of me, and I wonder to this day how I went thirty minutes without realizing a fucking tick was in my ear.

When I was 9, a fly once flew right into my ear (bbbzzzzZZZZT---  "OMFG GET IT OUT!!!")... and to my knowledge never came back out.  For all I know, it rotted in there.  Still bothers me when I think about that.
Maybe it closely missed and you believed otherwise.

...Because I'm pretty sure any kind of insect would be repulsed by the natural defense of the ear.

Earwax.

No... I felt it dig in.  And then I had my mom look at it.  She could see it with a flashlight, but couldn't do anything about it.  Too deep for tweezers.  Probably the most helpless I ever felt in my life.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62176 on: May 23, 2013, 10:51:43 am »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #62177 on: May 23, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »

Whereas strictly speaking, given equal damage, we should regard all parasites the same, for some reason visible parasites are particularily abhorrent, followed closely by fungi.

Actually, now that I think about it, I am disturbed by the perspective of any palpable organic not-me matter inside my body. I feel queasy when I read about abcesses in people's clinical histories and think on having anything of the sort.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62178 on: May 23, 2013, 12:11:56 pm »

Low Light Combat is not a popular game, so I can understand that there'd be no server up most of the time.
But when I make one and play with someone else why do they always disconnect after I kill them? It's not like it's the sort of game where you're likely to go long without dying anyway.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62179 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »

Diaries by sad cats.
That's absolutely hilarious.

Not sad.
Dear Diary.

The Authorities continue to taunt me, today I made an attempt to go outside, after what felt like a near eternity of singing the Authorities finally opened the door, only for me to discover that the outside area of the house had been rendered uninhabitable by water falling from the sky. I attempted to plead with them to change this, but they seemed to be indicating that they have no control over the weather.

Given their ability to create and dismiss both light and water at will, I find this hard to believe... The cruelty continues.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62180 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:32 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB732wBSTvw

More sensually pleasing than the books I've read, but focuses upon only half the story.

EDIT: And apparently they hopskip around in the other episodes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:41:41 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62181 on: May 23, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »

I have a very sore neck. I also have the first verse and chorus of Engelandslied stuck in my head. It has been stuck on and off for the past 6 hours.
Yes, I like the song. It's a U-Boat song circa WWI and has a warm, drinking song feel. But it is getting annoying.

Spoiler: Engelandslied (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: translation (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62182 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »

Parents left back home today. The next time I'll see them is in ~4 months, when we have the wedding. After that... I dunno.

I'll keep in touch and see them occasionally, but when we're separated by ~2000 miles...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62183 on: May 23, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »

Boy, I feel THAT.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62184 on: May 23, 2013, 11:09:04 pm »

So this is my first visit to the sad thread (although I'm very glad I did after the Sad Cat diary, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week), has anyone posted "Eternally Us" yet? Its the single most sad-inducing thing I've ever seen played. If you can get through this video without crying, you may not be human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCOuKk2H1Y

It starts slow, but as it progressed I started to see where it was going. And I was right. It hit me right in the feels anyway. I think its probably the incredible voice acting that sells the whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:10:40 pm by Nilik »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62185 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:35 pm »

Cleverbot, you are a weak and pathetic excuse of something clever.

I know I'm damn late on this, but that's a damn good yo momma joke Cleverbot made there:

Yo momma is so bad at cooking, she is the eventual cause of the expansion of the sun!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62186 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:59 am »

Well, just said "goodbye" to my parents. I won't be seeing them for a few weeks until after training is done. I won't even see them tomorrow. I feel homesick already and I'm not even gone  :-\

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62187 on: May 24, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

Sirus your profile says you are 24.
I wish I still had a positive relationship with my parents.  :'( Couldn't even last 21 years let alone that long.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62188 on: May 24, 2013, 12:39:14 am »

Yeah, I'm aware I'm one of the lucky ones. My parents put up with a lot from me over the years and I did everything I could to try and help them out in return. We had (have, I guess) a pretty good relationship, and the fact that I'm their oldest child means that I'm the first one to leave.

On the other hand, sticking around for so long just makes it harder to say goodbye. We keep joking around about how they're gonna have to do the dishes or whatever from now on, but I think we're realizing now more than ever just how close we've been.

It's not like I'm never going to see them again. Hell, assuming I graduate on schedule I'll be back (for a little while) in about 4 weeks. Still rough, considering I won't even see them tomorrow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62189 on: May 24, 2013, 12:53:02 am »

I've had only one day off and I'm already bored.  Like, really bored.

I played a buncha Mass Effect, I watched a movie (The Master, which I considered frankly bad), I watched some TV, and tomorrow morning I guess I'll take care of the aftermath of moving home, return some communications I'd been allowing to hang, and start my second book of translations.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4144 4145 [4146] 4147 4148 ... 8167