Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4120 4121 [4122] 4123 4124 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457400 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61815 on: May 13, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »

Me and my friends and family played Cards Against Humanity yesterday.

Rando kicked our asses. T_T

They managed to get six points before anyone else got one, and they ended up when with as many points as everyone else had at the table combined.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61816 on: May 13, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »

It was recently brought to my attention that I'm not looking forward to anything. Sadly, it's true. I'm not and that's kinda.... I'm not sure of the exact word.

I don't really have many friends, my family and I have limited interaction, etc.

This is starting to mess with my personal and even work life, so maybe I should start having some goals that are merely things that I should look forward to as some sorta motivation....

If there are any productive hobbies you enjoy, use that.  Or try to find one.  Even if they're not as fun/relaxing as some kind of random time-wasting activity, they are a great source of both long and short-term goals that are very fulfilling to accomplish.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61817 on: May 13, 2013, 07:36:33 pm »

Miss him.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #61818 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:39 pm »

It was recently brought to my attention that I'm not looking forward to anything. Sadly, it's true. I'm not and that's kinda.... I'm not sure of the exact word.

I don't really have many friends, my family and I have limited interaction, etc.

This is starting to mess with my personal and even work life, so maybe I should start having some goals that are merely things that I should look forward to as some sorta motivation....

If there are any productive hobbies you enjoy, use that.  Or try to find one.  Even if they're not as fun/relaxing as some kind of random time-wasting activity, they are a great source of both long and short-term goals that are very fulfilling to accomplish.

[sigh] Thank you. I do appreciate it. I really did like digital art several years ago, but I'm rather rusty and it's insanely detail oriented. I might do so with all the flaws and imperfections left in place to keep me from worrying about the flaws. I worry very much about the flaws.

Also:.... court clerk flirting with me.... Tempted to stop taking care of myself to avoid this problem. I get asked if I'm married all the time, primarily as what I'm assuming is polite conversation. I have prepared responses, but it's still awkward. I'm pretty sure I unavoidably come across as a bit of a snotty prick about it, or at least as weird. What's somewhat screwed up is that I've somehow managed to get one of these. Emphasis on the "urban legend" part.... I find it particularly ironic that I'm one of the most repressed, reserved people you'll ever meet and yet my reputation is becoming somebody who won't settle down because I'm so all over the place, superficial and whatever. Damn it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61819 on: May 13, 2013, 07:58:20 pm »

[sigh] Thank you. I do appreciate it. I really did like digital art several years ago, but I'm rather rusty and it's insanely detail oriented. I might do so with all the flaws and imperfections left in place to keep me from worrying about the flaws. I worry very much about the flaws.

If I'm understanding you right, the flaws are a good thing.  They're what give you goals.  My current long-term goal:  master freeform sculpting of human anatomy.  Mid-term goal:  get my portfolio to a professional standard.  Short-term goal:  finish the character I'm working on.  All based on flaws:  I'm not very comfortable with anatomy, and my portfolio sucks.   Not too long ago, I completed a good set of goals and felt great for it.  Mastered normal maps and a fully practical, high-quality game asset production workflow.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #61820 on: May 13, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »

If I'm understanding you right, the flaws are a good thing.  They're what give you goals.  My current long-term goal:  master freeform sculpting of human anatomy.  Mid-term goal:  get my portfolio to a professional standard.  Short-term goal:  finish the character I'm working on.  All based on flaws:  I'm not very comfortable with anatomy, and my portfolio sucks.   Not too long ago, I completed a good set of goals and felt great for it.  Mastered normal maps and a fully practical, high-quality game asset production workflow.

Actually I go all perfectionist about everything and get sad/stopped by the thought that "this isn't perfect."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61821 on: May 13, 2013, 08:52:57 pm »

Actually I go all perfectionist about everything and get sad/stopped by the thought that "this isn't perfect."

Yeah, I understand.  I have that problem too.  I waste a lot of time because I get frustrated with something not looking the way I want it to, which leads to distraction-seeking.  I think it's something everyone struggles with when they're doing something they actually care about.  Learning how to manage it is one of those things that just takes a focused self-awareness and cultivation effort over time, like any other self-discipline.  All I'm meaning to say is if you can do that, the results are rewarding.  Gives you a sense of purpose and direction that is your own, instead of living only for whatever bullshit the world piles on your back.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:54:48 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #61822 on: May 13, 2013, 09:48:49 pm »

Spent the majority of the past three days alone, when i really just wanted someone to talk to. Bonus round: the other day was my birthday.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61823 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:41 pm »

We had a Furries Thread going for a while, but it has been ended. I thought it was actually going not-terribly, despite the rocky start... it's an internet subculture that often goes under-examined, because it tends to evoke strong feelings in people, which sparks the usual flame wars and such. I kinda wish it had stuck around; I'd have liked to get a better handle on what it is about it that people do and don't find acceptable, or at which point it stops being cute, and starts being weird. Cultural Relativity, and all that.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #61824 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I seem to be a pillar of support tonight. Not what I'd expect of me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61825 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »

it's an internet subculture that often goes under-examined, because it tends to evoke strong feelings in people, which sparks the usual flame wars and such.

Why the hell do people get so up in arms about stuff like this?  If it isn't your thing, then why care at all?  Maybe I'm ill-informed.  I've never really looked into it myself.  But I'm not aware of anything that furries do that deserves the kind of hatred they get sometimes.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61826 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

We had a Furries Thread going for a while, but it has been ended. I thought it was actually going not-terribly, despite the rocky start... it's an internet subculture that often goes under-examined, because it tends to evoke strong feelings in people, which sparks the usual flame wars and such. I kinda wish it had stuck around; I'd have liked to get a better handle on what it is about it that people do and don't find acceptable, or at which point it stops being cute, and starts being weird. Cultural Relativity, and all that.
Yeah, that's a shame. I figured Bay 12 would be one of the few places the subject could be discussed without immediately devolving into a flame war.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61827 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

Yeah, that's a shame. I figured Bay 12 would be one of the few places the subject could be discussed without immediately devolving into a flame war.
It didn't. There were apparently pictures or something and Toady lockdown.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61828 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:45 pm »

Pictures are still there. I really wish G was taken down though.
I know in the US it is fine, but we have laws against that here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61829 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:55 pm »

It didn't. There were apparently pictures or something and Toady lockdown.
I know. I'm glad it didn't become a flame war. What I'm saying is that in many other places the thread wouldn't have been nearly as lucky.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4120 4121 [4122] 4123 4124 ... 8167