Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4036 4037 [4038] 4039 4040 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424222 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60555 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:38 pm »

\I guess it's a skin thing or... something?

Well, ladies are supposed to have thinner skin.

Also, like I said: my calves are pretty ropey.  Lots of surfaces to cut yourself on, especially when you're basically standing on the thing you're shaving, so as you shift weight different parts of it pop out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #60556 on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »

Yeah, never fun.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60557 on: April 19, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »

Yeah.  I was thinking about getting a straight razor, but then I realized just how frequently I manage to cut myself with a normal one, and. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60558 on: April 19, 2013, 10:29:13 pm »

You might end up cutting yourself less with a straight razor. The weight lets it shave without much pressure, while safety razors require more pressure to work and thus always slice you when they catch the skin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60559 on: April 19, 2013, 10:29:41 pm »

I used to shave my legs with a straight razor as a teen. (Note: The only thing I shave nowadays is my armpits, and that's with electric trimmers.) It is not terribly difficult if you take your time. That said, my legs are essentially huge piles of beef with all kinds of weird contours. If only the rest of me were so muscular.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60560 on: April 19, 2013, 10:41:24 pm »

You might end up cutting yourself less with a straight razor. The weight lets it shave without much pressure, while safety razors require more pressure to work and thus always slice you when they catch the skin.

You should never apply pressure to a safety razor. If you are, you're doing it wrong and basically begging for razorburn. The weight of the head alone should be enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60561 on: April 19, 2013, 10:53:03 pm »

Disposable razor =(  Weight of that's not going to help anyone do anything.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60562 on: April 19, 2013, 10:54:08 pm »

Neither disposable razors or cartridge razors are the same thing as safety razors. I was just responding to his comment. :P

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60563 on: April 19, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »

I use single blade plastic disposable razors, and reuse the fuck out of them so they get moderately dull.  Very hard to cut myself with them, but of course I'm shaving my face so shaving my legs would probably be more difficult.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60564 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:37 pm »

Neither disposable razors or cartridge razors are the same thing as safety razors. I was just responding to his comment. :P

Haha, I've never been good at knowing the difference.  Now I do =)

I use single blade plastic disposable razors, and reuse the fuck out of them so they get moderately dull.  Very hard to cut myself with them, but of course I'm shaving my face so shaving my legs would probably be more difficult.

Yeah.  This.  One usually lasts me 2-3 months.  Cutting happens more to the beginning, unseemly unkillable stubble more to the end.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60565 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:35 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:15:05 pm by Ogdibus »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60566 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:05 pm »

My safety razor blades need to be replaced every other go or I start pulling hairs out instead of cutting them.

I can't use cartridges because they become clogged unto unusable on the first swipe thanks to the pile of stiff hair keeping my face well away from the blade (and my hairs are thicker than the gaps between the razors, so get it unclogged is not actually easy), and most disposables do the same. Oddly enough, the cheap single blade bics work fairly well, mostly because they don't get clogged.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60567 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »

Bah, you and all your fancy little razors.  Every morning (Or at least every Wednesday for NJ uniform day) I get up, take a shower in some sulfuric acid to kill all the germs, and then grab my broadsword to cut off any stubble that might be there, like a REAL man should.

Somehow, I've only cut myself once so far.  That once was a tiny chunk of my ear, which continued to bleed for the whole day.  I was bringing my razor to my face at the exact angle and strength to cut around the entire tip of my ear.  VERY unpleasent. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60568 on: April 20, 2013, 04:21:00 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60569 on: April 20, 2013, 04:31:17 am »

Well, not everything you know is a lie, more like you are likely prefer things you are familiar with. That isn't so bad is it?
If you go to a cafe every Wednesday, and a on a Tuesday friend asks you what you want to go to eat, it is rational and reasonable to suggest your cafe. Clearly not everybody is even going to be subject to this decision making process, some might like to try something new as an appeal to novelty, but explaining why you might like to choose your regular spot isn't sad... Just interesting.

Actually come to think of it, religion is another good example. I don't think anybody can honestly claim that their faith is 'better' than anothers, be they Christian, Muslim or Strong Athiest, yet we often choose to believe what we are most familiar and comfortable with. Not always, some choose to do a little soul searching and might find another belief, but most will follow what their parents believe.
Pages: 1 ... 4036 4037 [4038] 4039 4040 ... 8167