Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4034 4035 [4036] 4037 4038 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426152 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60525 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »

Ugh, really?  That sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60527 on: April 19, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

Man, dry shaving sucks. Really wish it would stop raining sooner so I can get more shaving cream.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60528 on: April 19, 2013, 05:04:33 pm »

Do soap and shampoo not work for you?  Sorry if this is obvious, but those are what I use and they've always done pretty well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60529 on: April 19, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

Didn't really think of that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60530 on: April 19, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »

What do you think they used before shaving cream? :P

I'm just kidding around, honest.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #60531 on: April 19, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »

... it gets fancier than just water? Shaving, that is. Soap/shampoo is for self-cleaning. Then brush and probably deodorant and... you're done.

There's days and days I get reminded I really have no clue about what most of my country goes through in relation to grooming. I'm seeming to do alright with a hair tie and brush, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60532 on: April 19, 2013, 05:27:49 pm »

... it gets fancier than just water? Shaving, that is.

I've actually got very toned and shapely calves and armpits (unlike the rest of me, lol).  So these things are a pain in the bum to shave without cutting myself, if there's no lubricant involved.

Also... other spots one really doesn't want sliced open.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #60533 on: April 19, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

Personally, I don't want any spots on me sliced open. I give them all "there's a sharp blade against my skin" priority.

That's relatively high priority.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60534 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:38 pm »

I cut myself shaving all the time. I've actually got a scar or two because of it.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60535 on: April 19, 2013, 05:33:48 pm »

I just use an electric shaver and avoid those little mishaps :P

Of course, if the zombie apocalypse or something ever occurs, I'll be wandering around with half a roll of toilet paper stuck on my face...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60536 on: April 19, 2013, 05:34:42 pm »

For some reason, my ankles never seem to make it out unscathed.  It's a little bit sad.  I'll have gotten myself all ready to wear a shorter skirt and sandals, and then there's blood running down both achilles tendons.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #60537 on: April 19, 2013, 05:42:12 pm »

That's actually vaguely terrifying. When I've shaved in the past, it's always been with cheap disposable razors and water, naught else. No cuts, no blood. I guess it's a skin thing or... something? It's not like anyone bothered to show me how to do it, so maybe I'm, like. Missing something? That would normally be important and have a side effect of bleeding like a stuck pig?

I'd call myself blessed by the follicle gods but m'hair's starting to thin without even hitting 30 so I'd imagine if they've given a blessing it's... fickle.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60538 on: April 19, 2013, 05:44:19 pm »

The funny part is that it barely matters if I shave. Because my beard is so dark and my skin is so light, even a clean shave only takes me down to "mild shadow" for about an hour, then straight back to 5'o clock.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60539 on: April 19, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »

I just use an electric shaver and avoid those little mishaps :P

Yeah, I have to shave daily or I'll get a scruffy red beard, so for convenience I use an electric razor. It's about as old as I am, the battery can't hold a charge, and it takes more time than more modern electric razors, but it shaves the closest out of any I've owned, and has never cut me. It's just really solid, and well-designed.

I have used it to trim down ear hair (speaking of which, WTF genetics?), but I have never shaved my legs with it. No idea if that can be recommended.
Pages: 1 ... 4034 4035 [4036] 4037 4038 ... 8167