Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4018 4019 [4020] 4021 4022 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442395 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60285 on: April 12, 2013, 03:37:55 am »

Hey Ochita, have I not seen you in a while?
Or am I just imagining thins...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #60286 on: April 12, 2013, 03:41:14 am »

Nah its true, I post a lot less now, infact I only like post on a couple of threads or something like that right now, so eh.
I just don't really have that much to talk about or be involved with now.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60287 on: April 12, 2013, 03:42:14 am »

That is a bit sad... You are a pretty nice guy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60288 on: April 12, 2013, 03:44:38 am »

Lots of people need glasses sooner or later, Joshua. I started wearing glasses when I was in 6th grade, and got newer updated ones just a couple of years ago. Both of my parents wear glasses (though they're the opposite of mine; they need reading glasses up close while I need glasses for far-away stuff), and my sister might need them as well.

Point is, it's nothing to hate yourself over. Heck, you might be one of those people who look twenty times cooler with them!

FAKE EDIT @ MSH: Heh, yeah. When I got my glasses, I was shocked at how sharp the world actually looked. I remember looking at the moon one night after getting them and freaking out because I could actually see the craters and stuff :P

I suppose it's a bit of an overreaction given how common needing glasses is. I suppose it's just that I dread being forced to acknowledge that I'm getting older and parts of me are deteriorating.

Also in my new job I'm surrounded by middle-aged and older folks, who are all very friendly and supportive so I'll never hold anything against them, but in my idle thoughts I think deeply on the direction my life is going. Exacerbated when one shows everyone the pictures of her cruise line vacation, and I just think "Man is this the kind of utterly boring and trivial things I should expect when I get older?". I feel that these kind of inner thoughts are the most deleterious element of my life, which is actually progressing very smoothly and so far, I'm getting alot done and things are looking up. It's just when I'm thinking about other crap that I bring myself down.

Maybe I shouldn't worry about it, even to me it seems just selfish, but my first paycheck is just a hop and a skip away, so I have that to look forward to. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna spend it on.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #60289 on: April 12, 2013, 03:53:50 am »

I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna spend it on.
Glasses. :P

But yeah, if you do anything that can be done in a cubicle, you have a pretty good chance of needing glasses in your lifetime. Myself, my clear vision ends at about 4 inches, in large part because I grew up on the computer.

And to avoid becoming a boring old person, remember to stay eccentric. Cruise? Boring. Go to conventions and take up an obscure hobby or three.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #60290 on: April 12, 2013, 05:04:32 am »

I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna spend it on.
Glasses. :P

But yeah, if you do anything that can be done in a cubicle, you have a pretty good chance of needing glasses in your lifetime. Myself, my clear vision ends at about 4 inches, in large part because I grew up on the computer.

And to avoid becoming a boring old person, remember to stay eccentric. Cruise? Boring. Go to conventions and take up an obscure hobby or three.

I don't really think it's screens.  I think most people's vision deteriorates because they immerse themselves in too much bright light.  Seriously.  I've always been a night owl.  I spent countless hours of my childhood reading books by moonlight through my bedroom window, or huddled in front of a computer screen in an otherwise pitch dark room.  All the things that are supposed to kill your eyes.  And I should have horrible eyes.  Both my parents needed glasses when they were still teenagers.

But my vision was actually improving continually all the way up into young adulthood.  By my early twenties, I literally had better than 20/20 vision.  Until I started working in this office.  They have those ridiculously huge and bright fluorescent tube lights every other ceiling tile.  It took painful months for my eyes to adjust to the overabundance of light, and I've noticed since that my vision has deteriorated.  Not to the point that I need glasses yet, but enough to piss me off.  I go home and turn the lights off in my computer room and gaze at a pleasant dark-themed wallpaper, and if my eyes had vocal chords, they would groan with relief.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60291 on: April 12, 2013, 05:06:57 am »

Yea, fluorescent lights are bad for your eyes.
Incandescent lights are actually best, but they always burn out and use too much energy.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60292 on: April 12, 2013, 05:14:45 am »

I remember a hotel I stayed in once had fluorescent lighting in the bathroom. The harsh light really does a good job of highlighting skin blotches, wrinkles and general pastiness.  ::)
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60293 on: April 12, 2013, 06:38:31 am »

Heaps of tiny pin point cuts?
Or did you have a very thick beard and your skin is in dire need of some sunlight?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60294 on: April 12, 2013, 06:44:53 am »

Ah, flakes.
You don't need for your skin to get 'tougher' so much as remove dead layers. Personally, every night I slice up a lemon and rub lemon juice into my skin. Makes for a cleaner complexion and helps get rid of acne.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60295 on: April 12, 2013, 06:47:58 am »

I use a flannel. :-\
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60296 on: April 12, 2013, 07:01:48 am »

Pfft, not rubbing an acid into your face. Why even? Next you will be telling me you don't apply tiny amounts of bleach to your eyes to make them blue!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60297 on: April 12, 2013, 08:10:59 am »

Pfft, not rubbing an acid into your face. Why even? Next you will be telling me you don't apply tiny amounts of bleach to your eyes to make them blue!

Wait, bleach turns your eyes blue? Hmmm, how much is tiny?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60298 on: April 12, 2013, 08:14:41 am »

[smug]Don't need too.[/smug]  :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60299 on: April 12, 2013, 08:15:37 am »

Wait, bleach turns your eyes blue? Hmmm, how much is tiny?
An amount so small it could never be measured out by a human, and delivered so precisely it could never be done without robotic aid, with incredibly high risk of causing blindness if any mistake is made.

There is a reason it isn't done.
Pages: 1 ... 4018 4019 [4020] 4021 4022 ... 8167