Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3889 3890 [3891] 3892 3893 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487406 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58350 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »

Ugh, I just got back from eating lunch with one of my friends who is probably not going to be my friend anymore soon.  He keeps on bragging and randomly bringing up really depressing crap--it's not that he's ill, he's just really annoying and I'm kind of bored of his sense of humor.

Kind of weird to grow out of friends.  It's a feeling I'm not used to.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #58351 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman.I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman.I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman. I need to bury the hatchet with that woman.

But I'll probably only be burying a hatchet with myself, and I know if I send her a note, at all, I'll go into emotional convulsions...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58352 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:30 pm »

There is nothing to read.
I want t indulge in the guilty please of scry vs. scry, cross time/dimensions, two great forces playing chess, gambit stacking, mind fuckery that the average person just give up trying to understand.

Sad to say, I have already read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, so that leaves fuck.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58353 on: February 22, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »

Ugh, I just got back from eating lunch with one of my friends who is probably not going to be my friend anymore soon.  He keeps on bragging and randomly bringing up really depressing crap--it's not that he's ill, he's just really annoying and I'm kind of bored of his sense of humor.

Sounds sort of like my driven nuts by people cycle. Whenever I spend too much time with someone they inevitably start to drive me nuts, it's the old familiarity breeds contempt thing, I seem to be more susceptible than most to it.

In other news long division of polynomials is making me sad, I am really having trouble coming to terms with it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58354 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »

In my case, it's more that when I was leaving the internet and becoming slightly less mentally ill, I wound up being really nice to a lot of really annoying people because we were all kind of fucked up in similar ways.  Now I am very much less fucked up and no longer feel much sympathy when talking to someone who cannot have a single conversation without bragging, rampant negativity, and a lot of very unfunny jokes (sort of like the people who run around parroting Portal lines constantly).

Well, no, I feel a lot of sympathy.  I just don't feel a very strong need to subject myself to it all the damn time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #58355 on: February 22, 2013, 09:06:14 pm »

Been sick the past few days. Which has put my personal projects on hold and made life generally unpleasant. At least work has been understanding.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58356 on: February 22, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »

I think this is something that happens a lot in young adulthood.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58357 on: February 22, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »

Annnnd I just realised once I got near the end that I was actually doing next week's homework. Suddenly it makes sense why I was doing so much material we hadn't covered in class... Now I feel like real idiot.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58358 on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:51 pm »

So apparently I'm here for a little over three years now.

Yay me. I can't honestly say I know anyone in here though. Don't know if it's something to be sad about, but it does seem a sad thing in comparison to other happenstances, so I might as well share.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58359 on: February 23, 2013, 02:45:32 am »

its not a great day when your nose just starts hemorrhaging away during a one to one talk with a girl (yes im sure it wasn't caused by her).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58360 on: February 23, 2013, 02:49:47 am »

This infatuation thing normally comes and goes in waves, right?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58361 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:32 am »

This infatuation thing normally comes and goes in waves, right?
meh

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58362 on: February 23, 2013, 03:15:31 am »

its not a great day when your nose just starts hemorrhaging away during a one to one talk with a girl (yes im sure it wasn't caused by her).

Oh my god, you're an anime character.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58363 on: February 23, 2013, 03:18:29 am »

Oh my god, you're an anime character.
i knew that was going to be said sooner or later T_T

edit: ironically this was during a anime club meeting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58364 on: February 23, 2013, 03:22:25 am »

Oh man, you have the best icebreaker for next time you get together then.

However, random nose-bleeds aren't generally a good thing. You okay?
Pages: 1 ... 3889 3890 [3891] 3892 3893 ... 8167